April Showers Bring May Flowers & A Much Anticipated Disney Trip.NEW-BEST STEAK EVER!

misscmac

Mouseketeer
Since we have officially started doing the Double Digit Dance (which goes a little something like this::banana: :banana: ) we decided that it was about time to start our Pre-Trip Report! This is our first attempt at a Pre-Trip Report (and Trip Report) so you will have to bear with us! I'm writing from my username, but as you can tell I have a partner-in-crime - my partner is my fiancé who will also be contributing to the report (his two cents will be in blue:rolleyes: ). For your visual enjoyment you’ll get to see more pictures than I’d care to admit that I have taken and hopefully you’ll enjoy a little bit of humor along the way.

The Details…

Who:
Christine princess:– ME! - (21)- Disney lover since my first trip in 1997 (yes, I liked the castle even when it looked like this:
IMG_0003.jpg
) and am lucky to be with someone who enjoys Disney as much as I do. :love:

Justin pirate: - DF -(23)- The love of my life :lovestruc. His first trip was also in 1997 and he's been back a whole bunch of times since then. He deserves 99.9 % of the credit for planning this trip, and all of our other Disney trips. Soon to be college grad… sure does feel good to say that. I’d be lying to you if I said I wasn’t crazy about the World and since I like being a part of the fellowship of the Disney lovers I cannot tell a lie. The ultimate Disney planner, if I could do this for a living I would. I’m not quite at the level of “clipboard of fun” but pretty close, just ask DF.

Phil :coffee: – Justin’s Mom - (40’s)- Loves Disney and the provider of (some of) the funds for this trip!

Ed :smickey:– Justin’s Dad - (50’s) – Also loves Disney. Each time he goes he claims he will try a turkey leg - when it comes time to getting one he says, “If I get a turkey leg I wont have any reason to come back.” BS!

Cathy :surfweb: – Christine’s Mom - (ageless)- Not sure if she is in “love” with Disney or just likes to get away. (I think she is in love with Disney…thanks to us!) She’ll be joining us mid-trip for a little fun in the sun. Can’t resist a trip with her favorite future son in law…

Maria :wizard: - Justin’s Grandmother (60’s) – she couldn’t resist another trip with her favorite grandson, to see Mickey and his Friends. She will be flying down with Cathy midway through the trip.

pic-not-avail-100.jpg

(For some reason , we don't have any pictures of her uploaded from our last trip!)

When:

Tuesday, May 20 – Wednesday, May 28

Where:

Disney’s POP Century Resort

This is our third time staying at POP. DF and I absolutely LOVE this resort mostly because it is cheap and the bus service here is fantastic.

Why:

DF and I are graduating from URI on May 18 and decided to celebrate the occasion with another trip to Disney! We are excited to take on the World….Disney World of course! We booked our vacation back in August when the 2008 rates first became available (though we’ve been planning this trip in our minds since our last trip in May 2006!).

Congratulations on your trip and graduation!!! How great that both of your families are going together!!!

Sounds like fun! Not with ya on the turkey legs though... their appeal seems to escape me:confused3 Looking forward to hearing about your plans. My trip isn't til Oct and I need an outlet for all my Disney energy!!

Congratulations on your trip and graduation!!! How great that both of your families are going together!!!

Thanks! We are very lucky that everyone gets along so well!

Sounds like fun! Not with ya on the turkey legs though... their appeal seems to escape me:confused3 Looking forward to hearing about your plans. My trip isn't til Oct and I need an outlet for all my Disney energy!!

I am not a fan of the turkey legs either - for some reason it doesn't appeal to me on a 90+ degree summer day... :upsidedow

Thanks for reading!

Great start! :thumbsup2 DH and I went to Disney after we graduated too. Happy planning! :dance3:

Great start!

You mentioned that you are both graduating from URI. Are you joining the workforce or going on for a grad degree?

Great start, I can't wait to read more of your dueling report. :thumbsup2

Thanks for reading! It's supposed to be a collaboration, but I'm sure that it will turn into a duel at times!

Great start!

You mentioned that you are both graduating from URI. Are you joining the workforce or going on for a grad degree?

Thanks! I actually graduated this past December (but will participate in the ceremony in May) and just started working full-time, so I guess I've "officially" joined the workforce! I am so glad to be done with school:yay: , and don't see myself attending Grad school in the near future (unless absolutely necessary).

Justin is going to school to become a math teacher :teacher: so he will join the workforce as well. I believe that Grad school is a requirement at some point in the future, just not sure how soon he'd want to go.

After searching through my computer, I managed to find a picture of Justin's Grandmother, Maria, from out last trip. Here she is with Minnie Mouse:

That was her first trip to Disney and she had a great time - we are thrilled that she decided to join us again!

Thanks! I actually graduated this past December (but will participate in the ceremony in May) and just started working full-time, so I guess I've "officially" joined the workforce! I am so glad to be done with school:yay: , and don't see myself attending Grad school in the near future (unless absolutely necessary).

Justin is going to school to become a math teacher :teacher: so he will join the workforce as well. I believe that Grad school is a requirement at some point in the future, just not sure how soon he'd want to go.

Awesome! Congratulations on both graduating and the new job!:banana:

Another detail that we forgot to mention is that we are trying out the Disney Dining Plan for the first time. We have only eaten a handful of table service restaurants on Disney property (mostly character buffets), so we will have the chance to try alot of new restaurants. We debated not getting the dining plan when the 2008 changes were first announced, but decided to stick with it.

Here are our Dining Reservations so far - please let us know what you think!

5/20 - Captain's Grille - Dinner (Paying OOP because our package doesn't start until the next day)

5/21 - Mama Melrose -Fantasmic Dinner Package

5/22 - Boma - Dinner (Romantic dinner for two:love: )

5/23 - Le Cellier - Dinner

5/24 - Crystal Palace - Breakfast

5/25 - Cape May Cafe - Dinner

5/26 - Teppan Edo

5/27 - 'Ohana

The only restaurant that we have been to before is the Crystal Palace (for lunch). We wanted to go for breakfast for two reasons :

1. Early admission to the Magic Kingdom
2. Its my Mom's favorite restuarant (and her only request for this trip:) )

Those sound like great choices! DH and I were thinking about doing the dining plan, but we decided against it...it all sounded so confusing! :guilty: You'll have to let us know what you thought of it when you get back!

I'm sensing an absence of an important partner in writing this Pre trip report....peculiar....very peculiar indeed.:flower3: :flower3:

P.S. Thanks to all who are reading "our" pre trip report. If you haven't guessed it I am Christine's(misscmac) DF. Hope you enjoy my detailed intinerary that is soon to come. What? I'm a substitute teacher, I have a lot of time on my hands.:thumbsup2

I'm sensing an absence of an important partner in writing this Pre trip report....peculiar....very peculiar indeed.:flower3: :flower3:

P.S. Thanks to all who are reading "our" pre trip report. If you haven't guessed it I am Christine's(misscmac) DF. Hope you enjoy my detailed intinerary that is soon to come. What? I'm a substitute teacher, I have a lot of time on my hands.:thumbsup2

Can't wait.....

Hello readers! Before I jump into my itinerary, I want to let you know that we are using Magic-Your-Way tickets with Park Hopper and Water Parks Fun and More options. I must admit this was the most difficult trip to plan due to late arrivals and many dining ressies. With two of our party members arriving late, I had to make sure that we got to all the parks while they were in the World. This proved to be no easy task. With trying the DDP for the first time, I have had to make 7 dining reservations for our trip.

In past trips DF and I have planned our days around whichever park has morning EMH. We do this for 2 reasons: 1) “we’re too excited to sleep!” and 2) We like to get the E-ticket rides before the lines become outrageous. This trip will be no different. On most days we will be attending the park that has morning EMHs on that day. Then “hop” over to another park/resort for dining and some late night fun. Before hopping we will most likely be returning to our resort for a quick rest and/or swim.

Ok here we go, let us know what you think!:

Tuesday May 20:

Arrive at MCO at 9:30
Take Magical Express to POP
Check-In, Grab Snack, Wander Around (If the room isn’t ready)
Resort Hop?
Mini Golf (Fantasia Gardens)
Dinner at the Captain’s Grille (Tentative…no ADR yet)

Wednesday May 21

Seaworld! (For the morning and early afternoon)
MGM for Mama Melrose ADR
Fantasmic!

Thursday May 22

Morning EMH at Magic Kingdom (Rope Drop?) <-That would be a first!
Head to Animal Kingdom for a few rides
Animal Kingdom Lodge for ADR at Boma
Pleasure Island? (Adventurers’ Club please!)

Friday May 23

Morning EMH at MGM Studios (I refuse to call it by its new name.)
Meet up with our late arrivals!!!
EPCOT for ADR at Le Cellier
Illuminations!

Saturday May 24

Magic Kingdom for our (very early) ADR at Crystal Palace

Sunday May 25

Morning EMH at EPCOT
MGM Studios for the afternoon
Beach Club for Dinner at Cape May Café
Pleasure Island

Monday May 26

Morning EMH at Animal Kingdom
EPCOT for ADR at Teppan Edo (So excited to try this restaurant)

Tuesday May 27

Blizzard Beach for the morning
Polynesian Resort for ADR at O’Hana
Magic Kingdom

Wednesday May 28

Check-Out
Leave:sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter