April or May 2024??

jliucci

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone!

I am starting to think about our 2024 Disney trip and was hoping you could provide some advice about April & May trips. We typically visit in the Fall for the cooler weather and Xmas decor. I have not been to Disney in the spring in several years. I know April is busy with school vacations, but was hoping those would be over by say April 21st? I was looking at maybe April 21st to the 27th or April 28th to May 4th? Can anyone provide advice on crowds, weather, etc?

Thank you :)

We're on the later side for "spring breaks" (well we have two) and our April break is April 22-26.

I think either week will be fine. The late April/early May weeks are a nice sweet spot, crowds are manageable and the weather while hot isn't surface of the sun hot with unbearable humidity.

We're on the later side for "spring breaks" (well we have two) and our April break is April 22-26.

I think either week will be fine. The late April/early May weeks are a nice sweet spot, crowds are manageable and the weather while hot isn't surface of the sun hot with unbearable humidity.
Very helpful. We're also planning on going end of April into May. Most likely arriving April 26 and length of stay still TBD.

This year, we went April 22 - 29. It was fine. Weather was very comfortable. Crowds were manageable. We're aiming at a similar time next year.

Weather wise, it's a toss up... usually by late April it's pretty warm but we've been some months in later April and it's still pretty pleasant, not as high humidity and need a hoody at night/early AM. Overall, it's safer to say April is usually "cooler" than May but it varies. We go often in April and we've been some times when it's 90 and some times when it's 75.

Crowd wise--April visit will depend on when Easter falls. It's early next year and so that will be better for you but keep in mind a lot of NE schools have spring break the third week of April so that causes a few crowd upticks but the standard rule of thumb on crowds is they increase as you get closer to easter, peak easter week and then slowly decrease post easter.

May is nice for crowds as there's a lull until you get closer to memorial day as many schools in the south release kids early so families book their summer trips before June/July. If it were me, your dates don't have that much variability for crowds or weather so I'd go when it works best for me and perhaps look at costs.

May seems like it would get too hot but I live in a Northern state and do not like the super hot weather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter