April 30th, 2017 - Southern Caribbean aboard the Magic!

CluelessDisFan

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! We only have 386 days to go! Who else is excited about spending 7 nights aboard the Magic? We're still a year away, but you all know this year is going to fly by.

My name is Kim and this will be my family's second Disney cruise, we loved the Magic so much we're coming back for seconds. It will be our first time to these islands, and I'd love to see and hear anyone's previous experiences, so please share!

If you're interested in FE, meet-ups, or just looking for helpful info, this is the place to meet up and coordinate with your fellow cruisers.

Roll Call:
Karebear06 (DH)
Shelly Artello (DS, DD) Graduation
NJMomto2 (Jenn, DD 5)
Brianap92 (Heading up FE)
Tigger1313 (Dave & Cathy)
elphaba223 (DH, DD6, DS5)
Dianne Rowland (Mark Bday, DS 13, DD9) Magic repo
greysm (Stacey)
MissMet (Lisa, DH, DS 2, DD1) Anniversary
Lizard915
4discruisers4evr
Zaidag (Zaida, Ernesto, DS, DD)
McGinley (Martin, DS 14)
Spiralgirly
Melissa Rosinoski
Vicki K
Irorr
Deaconfan

--------------------------------
Fish Extender basic info: http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/fish-extender-basics.htm
If interested please pm Brianap92 with the following info:
1.Cabin #
2.Name(you may just state "boy" or "girl" if you'd rather not list names and ages for those under 18)
3.Any celebrations you are having on board (birthdays,anniversaries,etc...)
4.Allergies or items prohibited ie...alcohol/candy/nuts etc..
5.Favorite character(1-2 for each member)
6.Any other pertinent information you'd like to share

RULES:
* If we are able to get more than 10 cabins in a group I will close the group at 10 to help keeps costs at a minimum, then open another group.

*You must give a gift to each cabin in your FE group, either as a cabin gift or individuals in each cabin. There is no minimum/maximum cost you must spend.(gifts can be made or purchased. The FE group will close 30 days prior to sailing so I am able to organize everything into a pdf to get out to you all. Since this is a 7 night cruise everyone will get a different day to deliver their to space everything out.
If anyone has any questions feel free to post or PM me. Lets have fun with this!!!.
NJMomto2, Brianap92, elphaba223, greys, spiralgirly
Mixology class: if you're interested in joining our mixology Class please pm Jess_S! For a little info on mixology aboard the Magic follow the link: http://blog.touringplans.com/2015/03/02/menu-monday-mixology-class-aboard-disney-magic/
Shelly Artello, Dianne Rowland
Itinerary
Map-Magic-7-Night-Southern-Caribbean-Itinerary-B-San-Juan.jpg

Helpful Links:
Caribbean currencies with exchange rates: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_banks_and_currencies_of_the_Caribbean
Travel to San Jaun Puerto Rico : http://sanjuanpuertorico.com/travel-getting-to-san-juan/
Disney Port Adventures: https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/...inique,san-juan-puerto-rico,st-johns-antigua/

Last edited:
Hello!
Hy husband and I are very excited to go on a Southern Caribbean Cruise. This will be our 8th Disney cruise and our 2nd time on the Magic. We will be staying in San Juan for 2 nights prior to the cruise, so if anyone has any recommendations, please let me know. Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Hi everyone and thank you Kim for starting this thread!

I'm Jess. I'll be cruising with my husband and son, who will be 4 at the time of our trip. We did a Wonder cruise to Alaska in 2014, and my son has been asking to go back on the "Mickey Boat" ever since. I'm excited for the Southern Caribbean itinerary because I've never been to any of the ports. Plus, DS is a big fan of monkeys and both Barbados and St. Kitts have some.

We're interested in participating in the FE exchange if others are.

Just booked this cruise for my youngest's graduation gift. It's a little before graduation, but the summer itineraries were too pricey.
Very excited...this will be my second Magic cruise (my first is in August for my son's graduation) and my daughter's first cruise.
Shelly

Welcome, Karebear, Jess_S, and Shelly Artello! I've also heard there are monkeys galore on St. Kitts! My girls will be so excited to see them.

Hi! My name is Jenn and myself and my 4 year old daughter (5 by cruise time) will be joining this cruise. I love the itinerary and am sooo excited. I have been on the Magic once before.

We would be honored to join your fish extender group and I am also interested in linked dining if anyone with similar aged kids wants to do that? I see most of us have pre-schoolers! So awesome.

Hi! My name is Jenn and myself and my 4 year old daughter (5 by cruise time) will be joining this cruise. I love the itinerary and am sooo excited. I have been on the Magic once before.

We would be honored to join your fish extender group and I am also interested in linked dining if anyone with similar aged kids wants to do that? I see most of us have pre-schoolers! So awesome.
Welcome Jenn!

Hey fellow cruise mates, happy Friday! It's officially 1 year until our Mickey Sail Away Party! Whoo hoo! :boat:
Edited:
Okay, a little premature, it's officially 365 days and a few hours, that countdown gets me a little excited sometimes. :rolleyes2

Hey fellow cruise mates, happy Friday! It's officially 1 year until our Mickey Sail Away Party! Whoo hoo! :boat:
Edited:
Okay, a little premature, it's officially 365 days and a few hours, that countdown gets me a little excited sometimes. :rolleyes2

It's midnight somewhere! So excited as well. I love the itinerary and thanks for adding me to the roll call.

It's midnight somewhere! So excited as well. I love the itinerary and thanks for adding me to the roll call.
Thank you. You're right about that Jenn! It's my pleasure.
My hope is that, as we get going here the FE and/or meet ups will start to take on a little life of their own. Any suggestions on how to help the first post be a very informative, and welcoming post. I'm open to helpful tips and input.

So I just posted a link on the first post that I thought was pretty interesting from Wikipedia about the different currencies and exchange rates. During this cruise there will 4 different currencies. USD, Euro, Barbadian, and East Caribbean dollar.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_banks_and_currencies_of_the_Caribbean

I'm not a fan of exchanging currency, I prefer to use my capital one with zero foreign transaction exchange rate. However, I'm imagining on these islands that may be difficult. Anyone with some personal expierence care to share any tips or advice?:flower3: TIA

Last edited:
would love to participate in another fe just got off the fantasy today for 7 night western carib. if no one has organized one yet i wouldn't mind:)

We will be on this cruise as well, Dave and Cathy. most of the islands will take US dollars. Barbados is the only one that takes Euro only.

We were in St Kitts in February, Beautiful island, we did the beach break and saw monkeys in the trees.

Welcome Briana and Cathy. Cathy, based on your signature, I assume that you just did the same itinerary that we'll all be doing in a little less than a year (because I see a DCL cruise listed for February 2016). I'm curious to hear which beach the beach break went to. Monkeys are a huge priority for us.

I'm happy to help with coordinating the FE as well -- though I wouldn't want to be solely responsible because I have never participated in one before.

If the group gets large enough and there's any interest in coordinating a mixology class, I'm happy to help coordinate that too. Reading people's trip reports, the mixology events always look like fun.

Last edited:
Hi! Our family, DH, DD (6 at the time of sailing), DS (5) and myself, are so excited for this cruise!

We are also interested in the FE.

Only 353 more days!

Oh, and quick question....those with preschoolers, what excursions are you considering? I know we are early but I love to plan Disney vacations!!

Oh, and quick question....those with preschoolers, what excursions are you considering? I know we are early but I love to plan Disney vacations!!
I love to plan too. I've been working on a little chart of port activity ideas for the past few weeks. We're booked on the repositioning cruise back to FL too, so we'll need two activities for Antigua and St. Kitts.

I'm actually really disappointed in the DCL excursion options because there is next to nothing that my son can do other than bus tours (which would be like a form of torture for all of us). So far, my thoughts are:

Barbados: the submarine excursion through DCL or going to the Wildlife Reserve on our own
St. Lucia: taxi to Pigeon Island
Martinique: thinking of booking a private guide to see St. Pierre
Antigua: taxi to Nelson's Dockyard or day pass at a beach resort
St. Kitts: taxi to Shipwreck beach to see monkeys, Basseterre walking tour or St. Kitt's National Museum plus resort day pass

would love to participate in another fe just got off the fantasy today for 7 night western carib. if no one has organized one yet i wouldn't mind:)
:welcome: How was the Fantasy? Did you have Star Wars day at sea? That's awesome that you're willing to head up the FE group, just pm me any details you'd like me to add to my first post. We have had a couple of guests who are interested, and I might possibly too. Thanks for joining us, welcome!

We will be on this cruise as well, Dave and Cathy. most of the islands will take US dollars. Barbados is the only one that takes Euro only.
:welcome:Welcome Cathy & Dave! Thanks for your reviews and knowledge! It's greatly appreciated!
Welcome Briana and Cathy. Cathy, based on your signature, I assume that you just did the same itinerary that we'll all be doing in a little less than a year (because I see a DCL cruise listed for February 2016). I'm curious to hear which beach the beach break went to. Monkeys are a huge priority for us.

I'm happy to help with coordinating the FE as well -- though I wouldn't want to be solely responsible because I have never participated in one before.

If the group gets large enough and there's any interest in coordinating a mixology class, I'm happy to help coordinate that too. Reading people's trip reports, the mixology events always look like fun.
Jess_S my DH and I would also be interested in mixology. I'll start a list on post 1, and you can be in charge. Please keep us updated!

Hi! Our family, DH, DD (6 at the time of sailing), DS (5) and myself, are so excited for this cruise!

We are also interested in the FE.

Only 353 more days!
:welcome: I'll add you to the list Brianap92 will head up FE! Also welcome to Disboards!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!