• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 2024 WISH Thread - Bring on the Sunshine! ☀️

Today, I continue cleaning and organizing. Yesterday, I conquered my bedroom which is always saved for last since guests never go there. While dusting, I was wishing I could have the tv on in the background. Since we disconnected DISH satellite, my 28 year old bedroom tv hasn't worked like the modern smart television sets in the rest of the house. DH failed to hook up my VCR to the tv which would have been good enough for me. So during a cleaning break, I ordered a smart tv on Amazon and the wiring to connect my VCR so that I could watch old videos that I haven't been able to in a long time. After it arrives...today...gotta love Prime...I will switch summer and winter clothes in my bedroom while enjoying a classic movie on VHS.

Tomorrow, DD is having a listening party for Taylor Swift's new album dropping today. So, since I'm the one at home, I will be the one cleaning the entire first floor. I would have done it anyway since I have time and her BF is also coming this weekend. It's just a little more important that the house is presentable to guests.

Since my successful physical on Wednesday, I have allowed myself some treats. The weeks leading up to my appointment have been brutal. I prefer to work hard during the week and ease up on the weekends. Even though it slows down the weight loss process, it is more tolerable than completely denying myself. Now that my next physical is one year away, I can resume my lifestyle approach in which I know that I must eat healthy the majority of the time, but it's okay to have a chocolate martini tomorrow night without the world coming to an end.

Piglet...thinking of you.

Happy Friday everyone!

I am just back from the doctors. I need to get an MRI of my liver but she said that this is very common and usually just cysts. I am feeling much better. I also get to see an allergist since I was asking questions about the low IgA antibody DD has and if it is something I can have. I have wanted to go to an allergist for a very long time because my sinuses are so bad and I know I am allergic to something so made I can get answers on this as well. On top of that, I get to do PT on my hip. It has been bothering me for well over a year but not too bad. In the past week or so it has been pretty bad. SO PT it is and hopefully some relief from this pain.

Not a whole going on this weekend. We are going to hang out with our friends with the twins since we haven't seen each other for awhile. We have been trying since February and our schedules were not lining up or someone has been sick. Other then this it will be just cleaning.

I am just back from the doctors. I need to get an MRI of my liver but she said that this is very common and usually just cysts. I am feeling much better. I also get to see an allergist since I was asking questions about the low IgA antibody DD has and if it is something I can have. I have wanted to go to an allergist for a very long time because my sinuses are so bad and I know I am allergic to something so made I can get answers on this as well. On top of that, I get to do PT on my hip. It has been bothering me for well over a year but not too bad. In the past week or so it has been pretty bad. SO PT it is and hopefully some relief from this pain.

Not a whole going on this weekend. We are going to hang out with our friends with the twins since we haven't seen each other for awhile. We have been trying since February and our schedules were not lining up or someone has been sick. Other then this it will be just cleaning.
I'm glad you are in the process of getting answers.

Happy to hear it doesn't seem serious!

Like Summer, I have got to clean house. It is so cluttery I can't take it any more, so that effort starts tonight.

Saturday I'm making the trek across the water to do some returns but also to go shopping in my old neighborhood at the fancy grocery store and the nursery there. I'm looking for a specific plant I had purchased there for my old yard and want to put in here, but also hoping they have some annuals and veggie starts out... it's a wee bit early so fingers crossed.

Sunday it'll be really exciting stuff... finishing up the decluttering and then finally resetting the house. And it may even include painting the bedroom, or at least starting.

Like Summer, I have got to clean house. It is so cluttery I can't take it any more, so that effort starts tonight.

Saturday I'm making the trek across the water to do some returns but also to go shopping in my old neighborhood at the fancy grocery store and the nursery there. I'm looking for a specific plant I had purchased there for my old yard and want to put in here, but also hoping they have some annuals and veggie starts out... it's a wee bit early so fingers crossed.

Sunday it'll be really exciting stuff... finishing up the decluttering and then finally resetting the house. And it may even include painting the bedroom, or at least starting.
It is early, but I am currently stalking my garden center for specific annuals called Supertunias. They are just as beautiful and colorful as the wave petunias, but they need a lot less care…no need to remove the spent flowers. They also tolerate my full sun deck better, and instead of looking tired by early August, these babies look full and gorgeous well into the late fall. Last year there were only 3 pots left in mid May, so I alternated planters with wave petunias which were an utter disappointment in spite of the daily maintenance I gave them. I need 6 large pots of the supertunias for my deck, so I will continue to check in with the garden center until they arrive. Then I will buy them early and keep them on my enclosed porch until it’s time to plant them in the boxes on my deck.

I think I forgot to post yesterday, so my thankful Thursday is that DH put my breadbox together for me. I think I ordered it last October lol! It is so nice though and I'm excited to start using it!

Tomorrow night, my nephew is proposing to his girlfriend and he invited us to celebrate with them after the (hopefully) successful event at a local bar and grill. It should be a fun evening!

Otherwise, we don't have much going this weekend. I think we're going to see Civil War tonight - it's kind of take it or leave it for me, but DH wants to see it.

You ladies definitely make we want to plant flowers! I love the looks of them, just have never really had the time / enough desire to put the work into it. Now I definitely have the time, but I don't know anything at all about planting flowers. Maybe this year, I'll study up on it a bit and dive into it next year. We are getting new trees for our yard next week which I'm excited about. We bought some larger ones, so they won't take forever to grow, so I hope they take well. They do have a year guarantee on them, so that made me feel a bit better about putting the money into them.

You ladies definitely make we want to plant flowers! I love the looks of them, just have never really had the time / enough desire to put the work into it. Now I definitely have the time, but I don't know anything at all about planting flowers. Maybe this year, I'll study up on it a bit and dive into it next year. We are getting new trees for our yard next week which I'm excited about. We bought some larger ones, so they won't take forever to grow, so I hope they take well. They do have a year guarantee on them, so that made me feel a bit better about putting the money into them.
DH used to be a landscaper when he was in college, and my parents were avid gardeners, so I have been surrounded by experts. We have mostly perennials which come back every year. But I love my annuals.

An easy way to get started is by just planting some annuals in hanging pots. The most important thing is to figure out if where you want to plant them is full sun, partial sun, or shade. Then you plant the right plants for that spot. I use miracle grow moisture control soil which does the feeding for you. Research how much water the plant needs, and you are good to go.

Have fun!🌻🌷🪻🌹

I got my blood work back from this morning and I am doing good with lowering my Cholesterol. I do need to work more on lowering my Triglycerides but over all doing better with the others and 2 are now in the normal range and 1 is just a point or 2 over. So moving in the right direction.

Not too much this weekend. Getting stuff ready for DS8's birthday party. It's shaping up to be small but since it's small the instructor at the karate studio said they may be able to use the parkor equipment.
Tomorrow we are going to try to go to the Autism mass. DD isn't good with sitting through mass since her prime "learn how to sit at church" years were lost to covid. So we'll give it a go since no one will blink at her random vocalizations there. If it works great they have these masses a few times a year if it doesn't, well, we'll try in a few months again.
Sunday is Bluey Live which should be fun.
DH made a more permanent space for our garden last weekend so may try to plant the stuff we can't indoor start like carrots.

Sounds like good news 🙏🏼 so thankful!!

Well…I had big big plans for my day off but very few happened because we had no power all morning! And because our house is on a sewage grinder we can’t use water when we don’t have power so I could not wash the dogs or do laundry as I planned.

I did make my wreath though! Picture below!! A seller on Etsy was making similar wreaths for $70+ shipping…I got all the supplies for $22 and 45 minutes of my time!

Tomorrow we walk at the spca then have my nephews and nieces birthday dinner at 430. Sunday we have church and my step grandsons birthday dinner at 3! DH is making sausage and peppers for our nephew tomorrow (his favorite) and I am making macaroni and cheese and baked beans for grandson on Sunday (his favorite) I got all the shopping and cards done today.

I hope everyone enjoys their evening!

image.jpg

It is early, but I am currently stalking my garden center for specific annuals called Supertunias. They are just as beautiful and colorful as the wave petunias, but they need a lot less care…no need to remove the spent flowers. They also tolerate my full sun deck better, and instead of looking tired by early August, these babies look full and gorgeous well into the late fall. Last year there were only 3 pots left in mid May, so I alternated planters with wave petunias which were an utter disappointment in spite of the daily maintenance I gave them. I need 6 large pots of the supertunias for my deck, so I will continue to check in with the garden center until they arrive. Then I will buy them early and keep them on my enclosed porch until it’s time to plant them in the boxes on my deck.
Love Supertunias and Million Bells. And I think Fuchsia Baskets will be coming to Costco here real soon, so keeping an eye out for them.

Well…I had big big plans for my day off but very few happened because we had no power all morning! And because our house is on a sewage grinder we can’t use water when we don’t have power so I could not wash the dogs or do laundry as I planned.

I did make my wreath though! Picture below!! A seller on Etsy was making similar wreaths for $70+ shipping…I got all the supplies for $22 and 45 minutes of my time!

Tomorrow we walk at the spca then have my nephews and nieces birthday dinner at 430. Sunday we have church and my step grandsons birthday dinner at 3! DH is making sausage and peppers for our nephew tomorrow (his favorite) and I am making macaroni and cheese and baked beans for grandson on Sunday (his favorite) I got all the shopping and cards done today.

I hope everyone enjoys their evening!

View attachment 853325
That turned out great!

Beautiful flowers!

The quiz was very interesting and definitely makes you realize how complicated food choices can be.

For myself, right now I'm focusing mostly on calories, but also trying to track protein as well. When I try to track everything, I just tend to give up.

I found myself very much second guessing my knowledge with the quiz! I will say my Dr and I had a chat about vitamin D and she advised me anyone who does not live in the south should take a supplement from November-March to make up for what is missed from being stuck in doors.
Mass this morning went...better than expected. DD was not willing to go into the body of the church but she was willing to sit in the vestibule and listen from there. Counting that as a win and way more than she was willing to do last spring. Bonus we got to spend time with the program therapy dog...a lovely shepard/st bernard/husky mix named Callie a rescue from TN who is a legit college graduate, having learned to be a therapy dog at PC.
The service was lovely, three students received first communion. It is amazing, i had heard stories but witnessing first hand the hush that naturally goes over the congregation during the Consecration was really beautiful. You don't notice it the same way during "normal" mass. Will probably wait for DD to start ccd for an extra year and then see if she should join the ASD program or the typical classes...either way it is wonderful that religious education can be brought to a larger audience than previously.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter