APRIL 2022 W.I.S.H. - Springing into healthy living

My coffee pot is getting the most use these days. Two would certainly make it easier since I now drink half cafe and DD drinks decaf. I definitely prefer the mornings when I set it up the night before. Last night I was dozing off at 7:00, and by the time DD got home from work followed by dinner with friends, I just wanted to collapse in bed.

The new air fryer is a hit now that I am getting better at cooking with it, but the clean-up is a pain. I would probably use it daily if I could toss the pans in the dishwasher.
Do you have the type of air fryer that you can line with foil? I always line the bottom
Of my basket with foil for easy clean up but I know there are many different types :-)

During the winter I use my crock pot a lot.
My Keurig gets a lot of use but as the weather is getting warmer it's time to give it a break and switch to cold brew. Although I do use it for the hot water that goes in the lunch thermoses still most weekdays.
The air fryer gets a ton of use too as it is air fryer/toaster oven. And of course the dear old microwave our tried and true friend.
@piglet1979 I used to kill all the plants! Legit I managed to kill bamboo. And my spider plants are not doing so great. I started planting way to early this year and lots some plants to cold and some sort of garage dwelling bug...but...the last couple years I have had a lot of luck with lettuce blends. I think I do well with them because they dont last long...you plant the seeds, a few weeks later you harvest the leaves and that's it. Have to actually plant every couple weeks in different pots if you want to have lots of lettuce.
My replanted lettuce and spinach just started to sprout...lettuce has a lot of sprouts spinach not so much. Couple weeks before a trip to the farm for cucumber and tomato seedlings.

Last edited:
Another coffee maker for the number one slot. (I'm seeing a trend, here. 😆 ) - We got a Keurig 2.0 when DH started working from home, and it's great! Sometimes I miss having that morning pot ready on the timer when I wake up, but there's really not much to mess up with the Keurig even when you're still half asleep, and I love having a whole selection of different flavors and caffeine levels to choose from throughout the day.

The thing I probably use second-most-often is "bar boards" - miniature cutting boards. It's lovely not to have to wash a big one when you're just cutting up some fruit or chopping up some leftovers to throw in an omelet!

Which leads me to my most appreciated item today, my Pampered Chef manual chopper:
1651022351705.png

Don't know if this qualifies as a "tool" but I have things hanging from the wall on a metal strip, and on the other wall a magnetic strip that holds most of our knives. Love them! Measuring cups/spoons are right there along with whisks, spatulas, pancake flippers, pizza cutter, tongs, etc. It's great. Wooden spoons are in a quart canning jar next to it. Super easy to grab what's needed. Love my little corner next to the range.

And just like that…it’s time to WHOO HOO into Wednesday!!

What is everyone’s WHOO HOO for this Wednesday? I am going to say WHOO HOO to this gorgeous weather we are having today and for my foster puppy who is making her journey north on her transport from Alabama toPennsylvania 🐾❤️

7B7BE1EA-37D7-474A-8AEA-13F19A08FCCA.jpeg

WOO HOO! I have a personal day today. DH is having a routine procedure that requires me to transport him, so today is my last personal day.
WOO HOO! I have two professional days finishing out the week! I get a 5 day break from my very challenging students starting today.
WOO HOO! The temperatures will be warming up from 30's in the morning and 50's in the afternoon to 40's in the morning and 60's in the afternoon! I'm ready to put away my cold weather clothing.

Most used kitchen item: well it has been well established that I don't actually cook, but I do cut a lot of things up so I'll say my cutting board.

Woohoo... I'm back home! The project is being deemed a big
success and lots of kudos and thank you's to the team are currently coming in.

Woohoo... my car is ready to be picked up and they didn't find anything else they thought should be fixed. My actual appointment isn't until today, so this is a real treat. Next up is to get it cleaned and detailed.

Woohoo... I'm making tomorrow and Friday half days.

My woohoo is DD is doing better and I have been able to spend some time with DS. I really felt like I was neglecting him in the last few months because I was so focused on DD. Him and I do the Worldle each day. You get a picture of a country and you have to guess it. We have a lot of fun seeing how long it takes each of us to figure it out. We do cheat at times and look at a map. Sometimes I still don't get it. He is really good at it and really knows the map. He love history too so we have a lot of takes about history. Him and I are so much a like.

No Woohooing the weather here. It is in the 30's today. We were 84 last Saturday. By the weekend we should be leveling back out to the mid 60's.

Work is still crazy but we got a lot done yesterday and I am getting a lot done today. Tomorrow is the big event and I will be working from 7:30 am to about 9 pm. I am flexing time but it a little here and a little there. Plus 2.5 hours is covered by my screw up on my time card. I approved my time card before I remembered that I needed t put in PTO for leaving early the Friday before Easter. It was no big deal and worked out that I needed to flex 5ish hours this week anyways. Tomorrow though will be a long day. Thankfully I work from home on Fridays becuase that is going to be a rough day.

My woohoo is DD is doing better and I have been able to spend some time with DS. I really felt like I was neglecting him in the last few months because I was so focused on DD. Him and I do the Worldle each day. You get a picture of a country and you have to guess it. We have a lot of fun seeing how long it takes each of us to figure it out. We do cheat at times and look at a map. Sometimes I still don't get it. He is really good at it and really knows the map. He love history too so we have a lot of takes about history. Him and I are so much a like.

I love that you have that game together every day! For my dad and I, it was watching Jeopardy, and our thing was to try to get a "Golden Final Jeopardy" - guessing the question/answer during the commercial from just the category. We live far apart now, but chat on the phone weekly, and we still tell each other if we got one that week.

Thankful Thursday

Take a moment to think about the people, places, and things that bring you joy. Simply focusing on what uplifts you will shift your mind toward gratitude.

What are you thankful for today?

I am thankful that DH transition from his old job to new job is going well. It’s stressful to be between 2 jobs but it’s going as well as can be expected.

Thankful tomorrow is my day off!!

Thankful to take my SIL to a birthday lunch on her lunch break tomorrow.

Thankful I get to see my nieces and nephews at my dads bday celebration Sunday!!

ECCE284F-ADFC-4BB0-BBB0-407CED70A3FF.jpeg

I'm thankful for my trusty little car and and that it is running so beautifully now... next up is a good wash.

I'm thankful that today is a half work day... and tomorrow too!

I'm thankful for the business trip I was just on. The hotel was full of company people, as three different groups were at the same facility for different reasons. It was like old times when we used to travel, and really fulfilling to be around co-workers.

I am thankful that my job gives me the resources to do personal travel. I am officially booked to go back to WDW for my do-over trip 12.2 thru 12.10. I'm taking a new-to-me flight that leaves at 3pm and gets in at 12 midnight. I have a room booked that night so I'll be able to crawl into bed when I get to the resort around 1am and get in a good sleep, then I'll head over to EPCOT and have an entire day there.

I'm thankful that I spent the day learning with other adults instead of being the ring master of my kindergarten circus. (Most of the time I prefer children to adults, but my 3 wild ones really exhaust me mentally and physically. It's actually sad because I hardly get to enjoy the rest of my students who are adorable.)
I'm thankful that I have another day like today, tomorrow.
I'm thankful for my talented daughter who brings me endless joy.
I'm thankful for my DH who drives me crazy most of the time, but without him, I would be devastated.

Friday Friday Friday!!!!!!! Happy Friday!!!
449F19A5-FF89-4CE7-9F21-8C953FB1A8BA.jpeg

Well Friends we made it to Free For All Friday!!!!

Any fun plans for today? How about for the weekend? What’s the weather going to be in your area?

Today is my day off and I am walking dogs at the spca, taking my SIL for a bday lunch and DD and I have nail appointments this afternoon!

Tomorrow I am covering a shift in the small dog room at the spca in the morning and meeting the transport line for my foster pup in the afternoon (I will share pics with everyone next week)

Sunday I have a bday lunch with family for my dad!

Weather will be chilly but partly sunny all weekend! Ready for warmer weather but does not seem to be in our near future unfortunately.

Have a great Friday everyone!!

I'm thankful the work day is over. Just a crazy day. My co-worker was out and of course today is the day everything just goes bonkers! But I am also thankful for the staff who pitched in, came together, and really helped each other out. And for the one co-worker who sent me a text tonight saying he appreciates my patience and calmness. That morning yoga is paying off! :lmao:

I love your meme! It made me laugh out loud!

I am happily at home in my dining room participating in professional development today. I focus better by myself in my quiet house than I do among my colleagues. There was a lot of cross talk yesterday, and even though I enjoyed the social aspect, I didn’t learn anything new. So I look forward to training from home today and actually focusing.

TGIF!!!

Today is beautifully sunny but windy here. I'm taking a break to walk the cats right now, but my busy weekend started yesterday and will go straight through.

We're getting ready for a comedy night charity event that DH's lodge is putting on, and I have been gathering supplies, making tags for raffle donations as they come in, and have the last few errands to do today. Tomorrow will be setting up the venue and then a late night for the event.

Then sunday, I'm supposed to help DS, who is getting ready for finals. It hard to believe it's all it's his summer break! :bounce:

Hi:wave2:
I'm Chris, almost 56. I live with my DP in NC. We have 4 grown children and 4 grands between us. We have 2 :dog2::dog:Daisy and Lola. I was diagnosed Type 2 Diabetes this past Dec. I've already lowered all my numbers just through lifestyle changes. I walk everyday and try to make healthier choices. Still wanting to get rid of another 50lbs. Slow and steady is my motto. Nice to meet you all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter