April 2020

mickeyheart

Mouseketeer
We usually come to WDW black Friday for 14 nights (we're from the UK), but now our children are in school we are looking to come end of march beginning of april 2020 for 14 nights.

Is there a big difference in crowd levels? We tend to get there for rope drop, stay till lunch and then back to the hotel pool for the afternoon, before returning in the evening.

Our last visit was Nov 2016

I'll be at WDW the start of April 2019 (7.04 to 13.04 since you're from "over there":D) and according to Touring Plans the crowd level will be a consistent 6/7 out of 10 until the weekend at which point it goes up to 8/9 of 10 which overall is a bit lower than a trip that includes Black Friday.

I'll be honest, I don't pay much attention to crowd levels as it's easy enough to avoid crowds by switching parks, visiting DS, or taking a resort day. When the holiday decorations are up you can also visit other resorts to see the decor.

Two Christmas Days past, we received a text from Disney suggesting they might close MK and another park later in the day so the crowd level must have been high. So we took in a few roller coaster rides at MK a bit earlier than our norm, left and then went to HS. Had an ADR for a late lunch/early supper there so we just arrived a bit earlier than initially expected; still had a nice day although it was not the itinerary we'd originally set up.

We rarely return to the parks in the evening when we've children with us; they are tired and so are we, LOL. They watch movies on the lawn, play card games w/ us in the lounge, do homework, and load up on desserts to watch the fireworks either in the room or lounge.

HTH.

Easter is April 12 in 2020 which makes it tough (ish) to predict.
Some schools stateside move their break around to be before/after easter.
Some schools have a fixed April break.

My guess would be that it might be more crowded towards the end of your time.

We also can't predict what Galaxy's Edge will do.

I think if you're onsite, with a good plan you'll do fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter