approaching 11 month mark - two home resorts (BLT/SSR) - in which order would you stay?

disneyholic family

disney on my mind....
I don't know if this is the correct board for this question.
I apologize in advance if it isn't.

As the title says, we have two home resorts: SSR and BLT.
In a few weeks, i'll have to book our july/august 2021 rooms.

This is the first time we're staying as DVC owners.
I can't figure out how to order the stay.

Unfortunately, because of the 50% borrowing restriction, i'm only able to book about 5 days at BLT at this point, though i'm hoping to be able to increase that at 7 months.
But with the high 2021 demand (due to all the cancelling in 2020), i know there might be little or no 7 month availability.

So getting back to the question.
Our stay will be 3 weeks long, or about 21 days.

So the question is, where would you stick BLT?
Beginning? End? Middle?

And why?

Perhaps i should do this as a poll.

Thanks in advance!!

What room type (view & # of bedrooms) are you planning on booking?

i was toying with the idea of getting standard view at BLT to try to increase the number of days we can stay there, but given that i want to increase the number of days when i get to the 7 month date and standard is unlikely to be available at that point, i thought perhaps i should book lake view..

i have to book for 3 families, 9 people in total.....2 couples and 1 family with three small children.
at SSR, i'll either book one studio and one 2 BR lock off (so that will give 2 studios for the couples and a one bedroom for the family)
or i'll book one 1 bedroom and one 2 BR lock off - giving one couple a studio and the other couple and family a one bedroom each...

at BLT, since it will be a shorter stay, i'll book one studio and one 2 BR lock off (so that will give 2 studios for the couples and a one bedroom for the family)

i have to play with the points to see how to juggle things...
before the 50% restriction on borrowing, i had enough points for 3 weeks at BLT (assuming i could get the rooms at 7 months), but now with the restriction, i don't have enough.
do i'll have to break it up ..

I just don't know if BLT should be at the beginning, middle or the end.

I don't think it would really matter which end of your trip has BLT or SSR. At 7 months I would book BLT first since you shouldn't have any trouble getting what you want at SSR. Being an owner at BLT, you should be able to get whatever you want there too, especially if you book right at 7 months to the day and 8 am EST.

I wouldn't put BLT in the middle because it makes you have to move twice, and there's no need for that. Which resort are you more excited to stay at? That's the one I would check into first.

A one bedroom Lake View at BLT should be available at 7 months.
I would probably start with which ever resort will be the shortest stay, that way when you checkin for the second part, it will feel like a long vacation.
Happy planning!

I see you went all in with DVC, bought 2 resorts. I personally feel SSR is more peaceful and relaxing. It is very quiet there, unless your at the pool. I see you mentioned possibly being there 3 weeks. Depending on your plans, I would probably do BLT first, get my park fix in, then SSR for the second half and relax. If your doing parks every day or every other. I don’t think it makes a difference which you do first or last. Also renovated SSR 2 bedrooms now have 9 sleeping surfaces, lock offs will have 10.

I see you went all in with DVC, bought 2 resorts. I personally feel SSR is more peaceful and relaxing. It is very quiet there, unless your at the pool. I see you mentioned possibly being there 3 weeks. Depending on your plans, I would probably do BLT first, get my park fix in, then SSR for the second half and relax. If your doing parks every day or every other. I don’t think it makes a difference which you do first or last. Also renovated SSR 2 bedrooms now have 9 sleeping surfaces, lock offs will have 10.

i've been watching videos all afternoon, and playing with the points....
i agree that SSR is more relaxing, though DD and i stayed at BLT in a studio for 2 weeks last august and really loved it...

i HATE making decisions for the whole family.....
but every time i try to get them all to sit down and figure it out, they say there's time..
well not so much any more...tick tock....11 months is almost upon us...

I would do the end of your trip at BLT as the beginning of your trip typically will have more availability vs the later part. Especially if we see things like Pride Week, F&W, and a trip for someone connecting it to the lower point chart mid-end of August which starts Aug 16.
that's so interesting...i was thinking the beginning would be more difficult than the end....
when's pride week?
i thought it's earlier in the summer..

that's so interesting...i was thinking the beginning would be more difficult than the end....
when's pride week?
i thought it's earlier in the summer..

Sorry I want to apologize its called Gay Days and it shifted to middle of August in 2019. Was 13-19 of August so while possibly not when you are there you just never know.

It doesn't dramatically impact the parks but like other events I would think it might slightly impact DVC availability.

The BLT charts also show easier availability in the last half of July than August.

Sorry I want to apologize its called Gay Days and it shifted to middle of August in 2019. Was 13-19 of August so while possibly not when you are there you just never know.

It doesn't dramatically impact the parks but like other events I would think it might slightly impact DVC availability.

The BLT charts also show easier availability in the last half of July than August.

we were there last year during it (in august 2019), but we didn't notice any impact on crowd size.

Given that you will be there for 21 days, I would start with BLT and then move over to SSR. You'll have more energy for being close to the MK at the start of your trip. I would book a Lake View because you'll have a better chance of adding to your stay there at the 7 month mark. I would also pop for a preferred view at SSR if you can afford it. 2 weeks is a long time to be located in the Carousel section.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter