• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Appetizers at storybook dining

Glee1973

Earning My Ears
We are dining at Storybook dining on our August trip. I have a quick question about appetizers. I don’t eat seafood it isn’t a allergy but just really don’t care for it. Do they ever sub an appetizer for something else? I know there will be two others, but I might be interested in the veggie tray from the kids menu. Just wondering if that was possible! Thanks!

We went twice in January. One person at our table does not eat shrimp. She was allowed to have a veggie tray instead. I am not certain if it was the kid's version.

We were just there 2 weeks ago. Our waiter offered to get a kid's appetizer for our group, because 1 of my kids (a Disney adult) acted a bit finicky when going over the menu. I politely declined the offer though. I got the impression they do substitutes regularly, so I doubt there would be a problem with your request. I enjoyed everything BUT the shrimp appetizers, and I like seafood!

I didn't even think to ask for a substitute and wish I had. Me and my girls (12 and 13) didn't care for any of the apps that SB provided but my mom loved them all and had her choice of all of them :) We were so full from our delicious meals that we didn't even care about the apps.

My teen got the kids app tray and loved it. They also gave her the other apps too. She normally loves shrimp and hated it. I don’t like shrimp but assumed (incorrectly) she would eat mine. We both loved the mushroom soup (she doesn’t even like mushrooms but tried it and was pleasantly surprised. We didn’t touch the third app except I ate the pickles. We were stuffed from our meals and desserts. I thought the desserts were a bit heavy handed but my daughter ate both cakes and I ate both apples. The little tarts were ok. She ate the popcorn and I ate the choc hearts. So basically we mixed and matched the food there. The waitress said they want everyone to be happy and will adjust food accordingly. We were happy with our meals there. I do think it was a one and done for me. My daughter loved the queen so much she would like to return just for her

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter