appetizer as meal

tinkgirl18

Earning My Ears
Hi, Sorry if this question has been asked before. I did a quick check and couldn't find it. I'm going in June with my cousin who's a picky eater. I was wondering if the would let you order and appetizer as your meal choice. She's a picky eater and doesn't eat much so the size wouldn't be a problem. Thanks for your help

There's no official policy on this, it seems, so it's up to the individual restaurant (or even server).

Surprisingly, I have seen quite a few reports of this not being allowed, despite it really being a better deal for the restaurant. (Maybe it might have something to do with the computer system and getting it to accept the meal as a DDP credit meal?)

On the other hand, I've heard stories of folks who have been able to do this, and gotten an "entree sized" portion of the appetizer.

I had no problem ordering appetizer as my entree on DDP during xmas trip this year. Did this at Kouzzina having the fried calamari as meal. I would not think it an issue as you usually are replacing a higher priced entree with a lower priced appetizer.

Connears

Well it sounds like she might be in luck, i guess we'll just have to wait and see til we get there. I know 2 years ago i was able to order and adult sized portion off the kids menu. Thanks again for the help.

I had no problem ordering appetizer as my entree on DDP during xmas trip this year. Did this at Kouzzina having the fried calamari as meal. I would not think it an issue as you usually are replacing a higher priced entree with a lower priced appetizer.

Connears

I was on the DxDDP this past Oct. At Chef's de France I wanted two appetizers, instead of an appetizer and an entree. I was refused. The waiter did ask a manager, but then said it was not allowed and I had to order one appetizer and one entree as that's what's included on the plan.:confused3

I was on the DxDDP this past Oct. At Chef's de France I wanted two appetizers, instead of an appetizer and an entree. I was refused. The waiter did ask a manager, but then said it was not allowed and I had to order one appetizer and one entree as that's what's included on the plan.:confused3

I believe it has a lot to do with the Dining Plan and the way the till are programmed (and the staff are equipped) to deal with alternative requests. Paying OOP I don't see why you would have a problem. I have an ADR for a place where I prefer the appies and kids meals and plan to order accordingly. I have also bought kids CS meals for myself a few times and had no problems, although that does fall into a different category altogether.

Another option on the DDP that you can keep in mind is that you can pay OOP for the appetizers as meals and use the credit you'd normally use for her meal to pay for an extra TS meal. It might be a good way to stretch your meals. Pay for her appetizer and drinkn OOP and split the dessert that comes with your meal. Many people don't really want more than water with their meals but order one anyway when they have the DDP so doing this you're also more likely to only order a drink if you really want it because the second drink will be paid for OOP so you're less likely to order something you really aren't in the mood for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter