Apparently going to WDW solo is "sad and depressing" LOL

I travel quite a bit on my own anyway but mostly to volunteering projects around the world so this is an entirely new experience for me. I'm a bit nervous because I tend to be a bit shy at first so I'm worried I won't get the most out of the character interactions I want to do (mostly so there are actually photos of me rather than just photos I took lol). Would've invited some friends to go with me but they'd just whine about the heat and slow me down!! Total commando style tourer over here!

I can be a little shy too, but the characters are so good at what they do, I think you'll be fine!

I've often believed that some of the "you went ALONE?" crowd feel a tinge of envy because perhaps they wish they could confidently and happily do it too...

I've long since stopped caring if people think it's weird to go to the parks by myself, or anywhere for that matter. I've got my first trip to Disneyworld at the end of this month, and after that will head down to the Caribbean. Slowly wandering the parks for five days followed by a week of sitting on white sandy beaches, enjoying tropical beverages sounded like a good time to me. I hope you enjoy every minute of you sad and depressing :rolleyes2 vacation!

I love solo trips and go as often as possible! :love:

I guess I don't even think that others might think it is weird anymore. I'm going to HKDL at the end of this month and thought it was a bit strange when someone asked me who I was going with - of course I said "myself"! LOL!

I travel quite a bit on my own anyway but mostly to volunteering projects around the world so this is an entirely new experience for me. I'm a bit nervous because I tend to be a bit shy at first so I'm worried I won't get the most out of the character interactions I want to do (mostly so there are actually photos of me rather than just photos I took lol).

Would've invited some friends to go with me but they'd just whine about the heat and slow me down!! Total commando style tourer over here!

I'm also an on-the-go type of tourist.

When did you say you will be there?

My first solo trip is coming up at the beginning of September... I'm a bit nervous, but very excited! :D

I've often believed that some of the "you went ALONE?" crowd feel a tinge of envy because perhaps they wish they could confidently and happily do it too...

That's what I think!

I love solo trips and go as often as possible! :love: I guess I don't even think that others might think it is weird anymore. I'm going to HKDL at the end of this month and thought it was a bit strange when someone asked me who I was going with - of course I said "myself"! LOL!

Haha! I always say that too.

My first solo trip is coming up at the beginning of September... I'm a bit nervous, but very excited! :D

Good for you! Nothing to be nervous about!

I have been on two solo trips and am going on another at the end of the month. It's been weird for me b/c I couldn't ever seem to get over that 'stigma', yet continued making trips anyways (glutton for punishment I suppose). Even when I spontaneously booked the trip later this month, I wrestled with my self-conscious fear of others judging me. Don't get me wrong, like the others, there is nothing like the freedom of choosing what to do and where to go and what to eat whenever you like when you are there, but that lingering thought of judgment crept in more often than not for me personally.

But thanks to the 8th anniversary podcast this week (and forum threads like this one), something just clicked and I made a resolution to not be afraid, but rather to be proud of my passion for Disney and to put aside the judgment that others may have. I say let them judge and have their opinions and their feelings, but now I know that I have the love and support from the Dis Community, its all the strength I need to embrace my Disney passion, solo or not (you're never really 'alone' when you go). I joined the Boards and am looking forward to taking my love for all things Disney to levels! And there is a level of excitement for this upcoming trip that wasn't there with the previous ones. If you love Disney, show it. If you want to travel solo, enjoy it. I'm learning that life is too short to let other's thoughts affect you.

Check out my 'Thank You' post on the DisUnplugged thread I sent earlier today (can't post links yet, I'm still 'earning my ears' =P )

I'm there from the 7-14th Sept with two days at the Dark Side at the beginning on the trip (got to get my boy wizard fix......wait that came out wrong.....) but hitting the Disney parks from the 10th.

I have been on two solo trips and am going on another at the end of the month. It's been weird for me b/c I couldn't ever seem to get over that 'stigma', yet continued making trips anyways (glutton for punishment I suppose). Even when I spontaneously booked the trip later this month, I wrestled with my self-conscious fear of others judging me. Don't get me wrong, like the others, there is nothing like the freedom of choosing what to do and where to go and what to eat whenever you like when you are there, but that lingering thought of judgment crept in more often than not for me personally. But thanks to the 8th anniversary podcast this week (and forum threads like this one), something just clicked and I made a resolution to not be afraid, but rather to be proud of my passion for Disney and to put aside the judgment that others may have. I say let them judge and have their opinions and their feelings, but now I know that I have the love and support from the Dis Community, its all the strength I need to embrace my Disney passion, solo or not (you're never really 'alone' when you go). I joined the Boards and am looking forward to taking my love for all things Disney to levels! And there is a level of excitement for this upcoming trip that wasn't there with the previous ones. If you love Disney, show it. If you want to travel solo, enjoy it. I'm learning that life is too short to let other's thoughts affect you. Check out my 'Thank You' post on the DisUnplugged thread I sent earlier today (can't post links yet, I'm still 'earning my ears' =P )

Wish there was a "like" button on here! This is great!

Because of the extensive traveling for my job, I am often solo are various destinations. I have done Disney in Orlando solo. Although I enjoy the experiences, the entire time I am thinking of my family and how they would be reacting if they were with me at Disney. I am unable to completely embrace being alone. Wish I knew how.

Hi when are you going…? I'll be there solo sept 2 to 6 and have found two others on these boards who will also be solo…want to meet up? that would make four of us…(if you are there around that time)

Its going to be my third solo trip to disney in september 2014. My first one was Orlando ( september 2012). My second one was last year in Anaheim ( september 2013). Still see some awkward reactions of people when you are telling that you are going solo. I told them that i would send them pictures of me smiling all the time when im in the park, so they dont have to any worries about me being solo there ;-)

When in September? I'm organizing a solo meet up.I'll be there 2nd to 6th

For me this forum has been a major contributor to just getting booked and visiting at the end of September...the hardest part is making the decision. Eventually I realised go solo or don't go...so thanks to all those positive comments on this site.

That's awesome! Have a fun trip!! :goodvibes

:cool1: I will be taking my 3rd solo WDW vacation next December. This will be my vacation in 5 years. When I went last time solo I had the best time ever.
I got up in the morning when I wanted, had my coffee, shower and out to the buses and at the parks by 10:30am :) One day I was at MK and did my circle, watched every show and of course shopping when I sat down for dinner at 7pm I was completely done with MK....Go me :cheer2:
I really don't think I could ever go with family or friends since I have done it solo.

So I'm going solo sept 10-14 & mentioned to a few friends at work & they are like "really??? You should really invite someone else to go with you"

Why??? I think i'll love it! I'll get to do whatever I want when I want plus I got into Le cellier too. woohoo :) I can eat ice cream for bfast too ;)

Deciding to go to Walt Disney World solo was a major step for me even though I go solo to Disneyland ALL THE TIME. But Disneyland is only an hour drive from my front door whereas WDW is clear across the country for me. One day I realized : Go solo or maybe never go (while waiting for someone else to go with). Had the best time ever for 2 fantastic weeks at Pop Century. My co-workers just couldn't get over it (like going to WDW alone was dangerous :rotfl2:)

I went solo last November simply because my daughter was attending EDC in Orlando with a small group of friends and I wanted to be in the area but not hover over her.. just in case. Best time ever!!! It was Food and Wine time and I watched all the shows, concerts fireworks and ate/drank and just took it all in. I texted her throughout the weekend and at one point I think I had more fun than she did! Would absolutely do it again.. It's my Happy place-with or without anyone :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter