Apparent leak of photos of Wish atrium!!!

In discussions with some of the senior CMs on Dream last weekend, apparently the Marvel & Frozen restaurants were bare metal last week among other venues not quite ready for prime time. This is scuttlebutt, but the different CMs all had the same venues as "under construction". There's also work going 24/7 to get her ready for the MV. Good luck to those on the MV - shake out all the bugs for us following you. We're on the 3rd voyage and I expect there to be more than a few continuing 'technical difficulties'.
We're on the Aug. 22 sailing and I sure hope all the kinks are worked out by then! That's why we opted for a little bit later sailing - sort of anticipating there could be issues early on. Hopefully everything gets worked out and we don't get pushed.

So, yeah,I can't guarantee authenticity but they look real enough to me!
My comment will most likely be an unpopular opinion but I only like the lights. Otherwise I don’t like the rest of the lobby (especially the handrails: they look like cardboard). I find the carpet too dark and the design overwhelming. The hallways are cute but nothing special.

Last edited:
It's interesting. I mean Disney might have screwed the pooch on this one. For them to be supposedly so far behind on a lot of the main features of the ship and then putting out a press release specifically naming those things as places they will take you "inside of" during the christening celebration in a week is just odd. Unless they plan on showing artist renditions like we've seen a million times. Something just seems off.

My comment will most likely be an unpopular opinion but I only like the lights. Otherwise I don’t like the rest of the lobby (especially the handrails: they look like cardboard). I find the carpet too dark and the design overwhelming. The hallways are cute but nothing special.
Well in one of those pictures, the handrails are cardboard. It’s still being worked on.

I remember when DCL gave the first several cruises 50% off we were all like, wow, that’s so generous! Now it kind of appears they were just giving you the actual cruise value—sounds like only 50% of the ship will be ready. Ugh.

They were supposed to be able to finish whatever needed to be done during the trip from Europe and the first two preview cruises this week. If they cannot get everything done with having canceled the two preview cruises and having an extra seven days of an empty ship, then something is really wrong.

I am not a cruise ship expert, but I do find it odd that rather than staying docked and doing the work that needs to be done, the Wish is still traveling the path of the canceled cruise. Wouldn't be easier to get work done while being docked so people and supplies could be brought on and off the ship?

They were supposed to be able to finish whatever needed to be done during the trip from Europe and the first two preview cruises this week. If they cannot get everything done with having canceled the two preview cruises and having an extra seven days of an empty ship, then something is really wrong.

I am not a cruise ship expert, but I do find it odd that rather than staying docked and doing the work that needs to be done, the Wish is still traveling the path of the canceled cruise. Wouldn't be easier to get work done while being docked so people and supplies could be brought on and off the ship?

If they don't have the dock space reserved at Port Canaveral (which they wouldn't) then no they can't just stay there. Other cruise ships will be coming and going.

We're on the Aug. 22 sailing and I sure hope all the kinks are worked out by then! That's why we opted for a little bit later sailing - sort of anticipating there could be issues early on. Hopefully everything gets worked out and we don't get pushed.
We are on the same sailing! Holding out hope everything gets taken care of!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter