Apparent leak of photos of Wish atrium!!!

No. There’s a post on twitter that seems to suggest a possible ship wide functionality issue and also that some venues aren’t finished but nothing specific was mentioned. And, of course, Disney employees aren’t going to speak openly about the issue.

Thanks...not much being talking about online. We are on the MV and keeping our fingers crossed it is still a go!! Another delay would be a logistical nightmare.

MJ

Anyone know specifically what issues caused the first preview cruise to be cancelled today? I believe another 4 night preview cruise was changed to a 3 night cruise.

MJ

No specifics, but apparently they needed more time to work on things to get the ship ready for the Christening on June 29th. I am supposed to be on the now 3 night cruise that is scheduled to leave on Friday - waiting to find out if it too will be canceled.

I thought the same thing. I do wonder what this will do with kid traffic and encouraging running through the atrium. In other words, will they be able to slide down and then run back to repeat over and over?
My guess was that they would have registration at the top of the slide, and that the slide would then lead directly into the secured area. Otherwise, parents of younger kids would have to accompany them down the slide to register.

So then repeating over and over would mean checking out and back in again. Maybe they would get away with it once, but I imagine doing it repeatedly would be discouraged.

My guess was that they would have registration at the top of the slide, and that the slide would then lead directly into the secured area. Otherwise, parents of younger kids would have to accompany them down the slide to register.

So then repeating over and over would mean checking out and back in again. Maybe they would get away with it once, but I imagine doing it repeatedly would be discouraged.
That makes sense. I was wondering how registration would work, and it does appear to have a podium in front of it, which would work for checking in.

Thanks...not much being talking about online. We are on the MV and keeping our fingers crossed it is still a go!! Another delay would be a logistical nightmare.

MJ
I would imagine they would cancel every preview cruise to not have to push the 14th back if needed. Also, I think they would know by now if there were any issues that would cause that to happen.

I would imagine they would cancel every preview cruise to not have to push the 14th back if needed. Also, I think they would know by now if there were any issues that would cause that to happen.
I know people on the 7/10 preview were told that as of now there’s no reason to think their cruise will be canceled or pushed back. Hopefully they’ll work around the clock for the next few days and get things back on track.

I know people on the 7/10 preview were told that as of now there’s no reason to think their cruise will be canceled or pushed back. Hopefully they’ll work around the clock for the next few days and get things back on track.
Right. I would think any issues are things they think they can fix easily and nothing "major".

0E50F079-ECDD-437B-9E29-FCE1C017BB97.jpeg
Someone posted this, a person in the know i guess. I think they’ll have things ready at the very least by the media cruise and the 29th premiere date. I think they locked themselves into being excellent by those dates. We have a cruise scheduled for the end of July and I’m still hopeful at this point. Those who are on scheduled for preview or media cruises, feel free to post up and share the good and the bad.

In discussions with some of the senior CMs on Dream last weekend, apparently the Marvel & Frozen restaurants were bare metal last week among other venues not quite ready for prime time. This is scuttlebutt, but the different CMs all had the same venues as "under construction". There's also work going 24/7 to get her ready for the MV. Good luck to those on the MV - shake out all the bugs for us following you. We're on the 3rd voyage and I expect there to be more than a few continuing 'technical difficulties'.

Yes. I’ve heard the Marvel restaurant and the main theater as some of the venues still under construction. The pub is open and I’d heard the the piano bar was really close. Haven’t seen this anywhere yet but my friend, who was on the cruise over, said the first preview cruise was canceled because the Wish didn’t pass Coast Guard inspection, Coast Guard failed them almost as soon as they boarded and said it’s not guest ready, citing a variety of things like open flames and welders in guest areas, not all the carpet is laid out, and so on. He said he was shocked at how little was accomplished during dry dock, and that the ship was in rough shape. We’ll see what they can do now that they’re docked.

DCL is offering something close to an IOU for those who were supposed to sail today, they’ll be refunded and will be allowed to book a 3 night cruise at per person cost including all the usuals fees, grats, and taxes. They have a year to do this. No decision yet on the next preview cruise, everyone is acting, at least publicly, like it will go ahead.

Last edited:
There have also been mention of some covid related issues among the castmembers on the trip from Europe.

In discussions with some of the senior CMs on Dream last weekend, apparently the Marvel & Frozen restaurants were bare metal last week among other venues not quite ready for prime time. This is scuttlebutt, but the different CMs all had the same venues as "under construction". There's also work going 24/7 to get her ready for the MV. Good luck to those on the MV - shake out all the bugs for us following you. We're on the 3rd voyage and I expect there to be more than a few continuing 'technical difficulties'.

I expect there to be "bugs to work out" on the MV. Doesn't bother me (if something like no A/C...that would bother me!) I just hope it still goes. Changed our schedule around once already and hope we don't have to do it again.

MJ

No specifics, but apparently they needed more time to work on things to get the ship ready for the Christening on June 29th. I am supposed to be on the now 3 night cruise that is scheduled to leave on Friday - waiting to find out if it too will be canceled.
We just found out that the preview cruise leaving on Friday has also been canceled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter