APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 08/09/17]

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels' started by peel, Jul 10, 2014.

1. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead Moderator

If you stay at Sfalls, you can walk to Cbay

Visitor parking cost more than hotel guest parking fees

Keep your car at the hotel where you are staying

2. CCSchoch

CCSchoch Earning My Ears

Can you post the link you're using. I am going to Universal site, clicking on Annual Passholders, THEN clicking on Buy Packages, Tickets & Hotels - typing in APH Promo Code but am not finding any APH rates (where I know they exist from the old site). I have keyed in MULTIPLE dates to check and nothing is coming up (and I am keying in dates that aren't popular so there "should" be APH rates available.

Thanks for any help!!!

(WISH THEY'D STOP "IMPROVING" things.. the old lowes site was PERFECT AS IS!!!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. pattyw

pattyw WDW- We luv u!!

I agree! I can't get any APH rates on the new site- and the old link isn't working! I went to the Lowe's site and tried and there I can see the APH rates- is that the site you guys are using now?

5. CCSchoch

CCSchoch Earning My Ears

What Lowes link are you using, can you post it here?

Also, are you able to view rates for all hotels together, or have to do 1 at a time?

Thx!!!

6. rlduvall

rlduvall DIS Veteran

That's the site I am using.

https://www.loewshotels.com/ And you have to do it one at a time unfortunately.

7. damo

damo Proud Redhead

I am going to www.universalorlando.com

Then I am clicking on "annual passholders" which is written in white at the very top of the page. Once in that page, go down a little bit and I am clicking on the tab that says, "Hotel Offers". Don't click on anything in the left menu, just click on the white tab that says "hotel offers".

You can check to see if this works by putting in dates Oct. 25-Oct.27 at RPR. There are AP rates available there.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    macraven likes this.
  8. pattyw

pattyw WDW- We luv u!!

Thanks! This worked to see APH rates! I was using the link above www.loweshotel.com. You do have to check each hotel separately there too- but at least you get APH rates!

damo likes this.
  9. CCSchoch

CCSchoch Earning My Ears

Thanks. To confirm, you HAVE to do each hotel seperately, correct?

10. damo

damo Proud Redhead

Yup.

11. CCSchoch

CCSchoch Earning My Ears

nighttowll and rlduvall like this.
  12. nighttowll

nighttowll DIS Veteran

Yes!!! Who did you email?

I am so mad the old link is gone. It is a pain trying to search through each individual hotel for multiple different days and multiple different rates. And my computer does not like the new cluttered up site, so that's not helping either. It keeps freezing and crashing those pages. I got so frustrated earlier today, that I just I went to Disney. I put in my dates, hit search, and pulled up a list of all available rooms at all hotels including rates for my dates. Took less time than loading the initial Universal page did. I'm not jumping through hoops just to get a room quote!

13. tinydancer09

tinydancer09 Are we there yet?

So I found on the loews site where you can search all hotels together....... BUT THEN IT SELECTS ONE FOR YOU!

The struggle. I miss my link!!!

In other news I'll keep looking through the thread... but how far are APH rates out right now?

14. CCSchoch

CCSchoch Earning My Ears

Wasn't an email per se, but a review / comment. I can't remember exactly where I was on Lowes site, but when i went to leave it a review / comment popped up. SO I took advantage and copied / pasted the old invalid link telling them this process was A LOT better / easier to use for onsite Universal hotels.

soniam likes this.
  15. damo

damo Proud Redhead

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    rlduvall, Gary2T and macraven like this.
  16. Gary2T

Gary2T Earning My Ears

Good catch! Comparing the url that shows the promo code to the one that is generated automatically when entering APH from the non-Florida resident search it looks like the "aph" is being inserted in the wrong place when the system generates the url. The search function places aph in the variable promo-code=aph which results in no AP rates being displayed. It seems it needs to be in the variable promo=aph

Now if only their IT would fix it.

AngiTN likes this.
  17. damo

damo Proud Redhead

I agree. It is a glitch on their part.

18. JamieOak

JamieOak You ain't never had a friend like me

Question: I booked a Bay view room with APH rate at Portofino Bay for 3 nights in November before we head over to WDW. Plans changed a bit and we are moving over to WDW 1 night earlier. The rate I booked is not available to rebook for just the 2 nights. Could I just call and get 1 night removed and keep the rate I booked? Or do I have to rebook a new reservation and cancel the old one?

19. rlduvall

rlduvall DIS Veteran

Unfortunately, if it's no longer available for just the 2 nights, they will not modify the reservation and allow you to keep the APH rate for those 2 nights. I have tried it myself before. I used to think only Universal did this, but it appears WDW started the same protocol about a year ago. Definitely call and try, but I don't think your chances are very good. :guilty:

20. DisBuckMan

DisBuckMan DIS Veteran

Yep. Neither one likes "orphaned" rooms.

21. JamieOak

JamieOak You ain't never had a friend like me

Darn I was hoping for better news. I'll call just to try, but my hopes sure aren't up. Thank you both for your replies!