APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to all,
First time going to US the weekend before Thanksgiving. We were thinking of staying on site one night and get the express passes and the 2 park annual passes. We are DVC so the rest of the week we are staying at DW since we have APs . We are thinking of returning for spring break and again staying one night on site.
Im thinking that maybe I'm doing something wrong because the prices that I see staying one night with the AP are the same as Undercover Tourist !
Am I doing something wrong ?
or are they usually that high for one night?
also, does it get worse as it gets closer?
thank a lot in advance
There's a conference at RPH that entire week before (12-17) and I bet a lot of people are staying over (we are).

Come on universal. I need celebration of Harry Potter dates before January aph rates. I'm gonna be so mad if I get an awesome rate and then find out its CoHP weekend. Taking my sister for her first trip and she would really prefer less crowds.

Traditionally, the last weekend of January

ProBowl a repeat next year too

Have visted often in Jan - Feb, the first 2 weeks of February, less crowded overall.

Check the calendar to see when Mardi Gras starts @ Universal, that packs them in, especially if a top act.

I saw the dates last night!! Whew!! Now I NEED APH rates so I can book something lol!!

I asked a few weeks ago about new availability coming up. I've been searching for 10/25 - 10/27. RPR came up for $199 a night after I asked and then a standard room at Cabana Bay just appeared today for $114 a night. I've been checking almost daily.

Next trips I will keep an eye out for are December 6-9 or 13-16(which has some stuff available so far) and February 8-11.

There's not much availability left that weekend at APH rates. Saturday night deluxe hotels have only suites left at APH rates which is why you're seeing the same price for regular rooms as on UCT. I found one room at PFB 11/19 for $209 which would give you express for Sun the 19th and Monday the 20th. You should grab something soon, I doubt they'll add more, so when they're gone they're gone.
View attachment 266502
Edit: NEvermind, i went to the first post and read like I was supposed to haha sorry!

How do i get to this legacy version of the site? There is no price difference when I search on the universal site FL Resident/Regular Rate/APH and this might be why

I had a club level room at RPR reserved with the SMSM rate for our December dates but I saw a standard room at the AP rate pop up and it's saving me $153 per night so I booked it. Yay for AP rates! I was looking forward to club level but it's not worth $153 per night extra for us so standard room it is!

This will be our second stay at RPR. Are we eligible for a Loew's youfirst rewards room upgrade to a better view if one is available? If so, does the room upgrade just happen or do I have to request it at check in?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I had a club level room at RPR reserved with the SMSM rate for our December dates but I saw a standard room at the AP rate pop up and it's saving me $153 per night so I booked it. Yay for AP rates! I was looking forward to club level but it's not worth $153 per night extra for us so standard room it is!

This will be our second stay at RPR. Are we eligible for a Loew's youfirst rewards room upgrade to a better view if one is available? If so, does the room upgrade just happen or do I have to request it at check in?

Thanks!

The benefits would not start until your next stay. After 2 stays in a calendar year you become "Blue" status.

Actually I just double checked and to clarify it's a 12 month rolling period not a calendar year:

Qualification for Membership Levels will be determined based on a rolling 12-month cycle, beginning July 15th, 2008 (the YouFirst Program Launch Date). Meaning, a Member must stay at a Loews property 2 times within any 12-month period following 7/15/08 to earn Blue status, 5 times within any 12-month period following 7/15/08 to earn Gold status, and 10 times within any 12-month period following 7/15/08 to earn Platinum status.

Actually I just double checked and to clarify it's a 12 month rolling period not a calendar year:

Qualification for Membership Levels will be determined based on a rolling 12-month cycle, beginning July 15th, 2008 (the YouFirst Program Launch Date). Meaning, a Member must stay at a Loews property 2 times within any 12-month period following 7/15/08 to earn Blue status, 5 times within any 12-month period following 7/15/08 to earn Gold status, and 10 times within any 12-month period following 7/15/08 to earn Platinum status.

Thank you again for explaining. The website is a little confusing. This will be our second stay in 2017. We stayed at RPR in February and are staying again in December so I guess we will have blue status after our December stay.

Do I have any hope of an AP discount for January 2? Starting to think not.
I am looking for 1/4. I am beginning to think it is not going to happen. I check every morning, nothing. And I am not going to pay over $1,000 a night for 2 rooms at the Portofino. We have a Portofino Suite with both bedrooms reserved, but I am not a recent Powerball winner. That is a bit over my budget!

I am looking for 1/4. I am beginning to think it is not going to happen. I check every morning, nothing. And I am not going to pay over $1,000 a night for 2 rooms at the Portofino. We have a Portofino Suite with both bedrooms reserved, but I am not a recent Powerball winner. That is a bit over my budget!

I think AP rates for my last stay came out a month before my trip. And at first the type of room I wanted was not available, but eventually it was. I would book whatever you can afford without the AP rate, and keep checking for them frequently.

I think AP rates for my last stay came out a month before my trip. And at first the type of room I wanted was not available, but eventually it was. I would book whatever you can afford without the AP rate, and keep checking for them frequently.
That's what I've done. We are at Cabana Bay right now. Hoping to switch to one of the deluxe properties for EP. Rpr is 454 plus tax per night. Not paying that rate. I too check every day. Fingers crossed.

We are platinum and with the size of our party, need the room in the Portofino suite. We are coming off a cruise and wanted to spend some time in Universal. If the rates don't come down, we will just cancel the reservation and go home a few days earlier. We were just at Universal and will be back in April for one of the children's sports, so it isn't a "must do." At these exorbitant prices, it would be cheaper to go home and fly back later when the rates go down.

If peeps are now looking to book rooms for October, deals will be hard to find
Most no longer have ap rates as they have hit their quota

October is a busy month at UO

Now if a convention or if a travel agency releases their block of rooms back to the hotel. .. that is when you could see reduced rates in order to fill them

Check regularly just in case

Cancellations have to be done 6 days out for full refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter