Apartments

DisneyLuver02391

Earning My Ears
Probably a stupid question, but I was wondering if/what you can put on the apartment walls. I am DYING to get some of the wall decals (removable of course) of Walt sayings. I just want to check before I invest.

Probably a stupid question, but I was wondering if/what you can put on the apartment walls. I am DYING to get some of the wall decals (removable of course) of Walt sayings. I just want to check before I invest.

The only thing I believe that you can put up is a bulletin board of some sort. You can try putting up decals if you want to (Walt sayings would be cool to put up though). Also the apartments might do surprise inspections so you never know when they are going to come. If they see them up they will tell you to take them down. Its your opinion if you want to put decals up or not.

Can you hang pictures on your wall? Like in frames- with those hangers that don't damage the wall?

I haven't done the CP yet but I asked my campus rep about it and she said that you can hang stuff up one the walls like posters and pictures. NO CURTAINS though. She also said stay away from nails, she advised tacks. But to be on the safe side ill use command strips. If you take them off properly they won't damage the walls in anyway.

The rule is ONE bulletin board per person held up by two nails. No more than that is allowed, even the removable decals or using the command strips. I got in trouble for my wall decals and also by my picture frame, even though I had that instead of a bulletin board. They hold inspections about once a month and will let you know well ahead of time when they are coming by your building (2 weeks prior I think).

The rule is ONE bulletin board per person held up by two nails. No more than that is allowed, even the removable decals or using the command strips. I got in trouble for my wall decals and also by my picture frame, even though I had that instead of a bulletin board. They hold inspections about once a month and will let you know well ahead of time when they are coming by your building (2 weeks prior I think).

Wow- that's pretty strict! :rotfl:

What if I hung a really big picture frame- the kind that holds multiple pictures, and hung a dry erase/bulletin board thing on a string or something over the door? x)

I cannot live with one thing on the wall haha. I would have no table space for my other stuff!

Wow- that's pretty strict! :rotfl:

What if I hung a really big picture frame- the kind that holds multiple pictures, and hung a dry erase/bulletin board thing on a string or something over the door? x)

I cannot live with one thing on the wall haha. I would have no table space for my other stuff!

My roommate and I put up two walls worth of Jonas and Twilight posters ( LOL) during our program and while it's against the rules, all that really happens is that you get points off your inspection. If you keep everything else clean and perfect, the points off won;t cause any trouble. If you're a rebel like me :P

Yeah, they tell you that you can only put up one bulletin board per person. No command strips, no hooks, no tacky putty stuff, no nails, no scotch tape, no nothing. Honestly, it's kind of ridiculous, haha. I guess I understand where they're coming from, but it's like a jail cell in there if you don't put SOMETHING on the wall!

Personally, I've put stuff up in the past and didn't have a problem with it. I used thumb tacks. When we had scheduled inspections I just took them down. I was lucky enough to never have a surprise inspection. But if you did, like previous people have said, you'd probably just get a few points deducted (if that even) and get told to take them down. It probably also depends on who is inspecting your apartment and how they feel that day, haha. I really don't think it's a huge deal. We had a wall of coloring pages up in our living room (all hung with scotch tape) and forgot to take them down for inspection and no one ever said anything about it. I would stay away from nails though and anything "permanent" like curtains or shelves. But if you just want to put up a couple of posters with thumb tacks...I'd say go for it. For some reason I'm a little bit more hesitant about wall decals though, I guess because they LOOK more permanent, but they're not going to kick you out for them or anything. Sometimes inspections can sound kinda scary and military-like, but in my experience they just walk through the rooms with a clip board, take a quick look around, leave some rice crispy treats and a sheet telling you how you did, and that's it. And our apartment always cleaned, but not hardcore. We never got a "white glove" award. But, who really cares? I think you get some extra rice crispy treats or something...haha

Lol rice crispy treats sounds good. :goodvibes

No shelves either? I'm going to be packing lighter than I thought! xD
I was thinking of bringing a little shelf with me from my room. Just the small kind that can fit into my trunk.

How about those plastic storage bin/drawer things?
Sorry for all the questions- but I overpack for everything and gotta know what I can and can't have room for.
Oh, but first I have to apply and get accepted. But it's never too early to start thinking! :goodvibes

Lol rice crispy treats sounds good. :goodvibes

No shelves either? I'm going to be packing lighter than I thought! xD
I was thinking of bringing a little shelf with me from my room. Just the small kind that can fit into my trunk.

How about those plastic storage bin/drawer things?
Sorry for all the questions- but I overpack for everything and gotta know what I can and can't have room for.
Oh, but first I have to apply and get accepted. But it's never too early to start thinking! :goodvibes

If it's a bookshelf-type shelf that doesnt get attached to the wall at all, it should be ok. During my first program, one of my friends got a bookshelf for all his DVDs & board games in the living room.

I loved having the plastic bin/drawer things for both programs. You get half the dresser and your night stand. (3 drawers of the dresser & 2 in the nightstand). I always had a plastic drawer things for some of my random items & smaller clothing items (socks, camis, etc.)

As long as its not attached to the walls, they really don't say anything about it during inspection.

During my second program, we had a tv in our bedroom (everyone brought one, so there was still one in the living room), since the cable outlet was the opposite side of the living room from our bedroom door, we used command hooks for the cable cord so it wasn't on the floor. They never told us we had to take it down.

Yeah, I was worried about the posters too. What are the negatives to having a bad inspection, if it's just those few points? I'm a bit of a decorator, so it's kinda sad I can't put things up on the walls. You think they'd support the hanging of Mickey up on my walls! ;) haha.

Im on the CP right now (living in Chatham Square) and me and my roomies just had an inspection maybe about a couple weeks to almost a month ago and we all had boards up on the walls (held on with some command strips and tacks) and we had those window clings on our mirrors (at least me and my roommate do, they're easter themed) and we got the white glove award. We got a nice box of chocolates and our picture goes on the board downstairs in the clubhouse which is kinda cool (granted I was not home to take the picture so the two roommates that are there take the picture...lame). We even have a dry erase calendar up in our living room on our wall and no one said anything about it on our inspection report. I think as long as you don't like put a big hole in your walls or write all over them, you should be fine. I would stay away from putting up those wall decals tho, the walls here in chatham at least have this weird texture to it and it would probably not be the best thing to try and stick on them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter