AP voucher at check-in?

aVASTGrl

DIS Veteran
If I book a room with an AP voucher, can I use the voucher to check in without going to a Park to activate first? I was told (not by Disney, so...grain of salt, I know) I would have to go to a Park first, then go back to the Resort, but that makes absolutely no sense to me, since I'd be arriving via Magical Express

The official line is they need to see the AP. However, I booked in that same situation, was able to check in, later went and activated, and was never asked for the AP. I assumed this was due to MDE showing that I had purchased.

The official line is they need to see the AP. However, I booked in that same situation, was able to check in, later went and activated, and was never asked for the AP. I assumed this was due to MDE showing that I had purchased.

This. :thumbsup2

following this line of thought: we have ADRs at Ohana arrival night (staying at the poly). we won't have time really to go to GR at MK before our reservations to activate the AP. we're planning on doing that the next morning. will they give us the AP discount at Ohana's if she show the vouchers?

You will not need to activate the AP to check in, in all my years of having one, I've never been asked about it on check in. It shows in your MDE. Yes, if you want a discount at a restaurant or a shop, you will need to show your AP discount card and an ID so it will need to be activated first.

You will not need to activate the AP to check in, in all my years of having one, I've never been asked about it on check in. It shows in your MDE. Yes, if you want a discount at a restaurant or a shop, you will need to show your AP discount card and an ID so it will need to be activated first.
Yes to the above. Never had to show my AP at check in for room discounts. Room was all booked and paid for well before arrival anyway, so not sure what they'd do with me showing them an AP anyway.
But I have always had to show my AP and my ID to get the discount for dining or purchases. So I'd say you'll have to get that before you go to eat at Ohana.

following this line of thought: we have ADRs at Ohana arrival night (staying at the poly). we won't have time really to go to GR at MK before our reservations to activate the AP. we're planning on doing that the next morning. will they give us the AP discount at Ohana's if she show the vouchers?

If you want the discount, you will need to activate the AP. Why not send one person to the MK to activate the vouchers while the other checks in at the resort? I think that your activation date will then be that day instead of one day later. If you don't plan to use the AP that day, which do you want more - the discount at O'hanas or the extra day before your AP expires?

BTW, if your arrival time at the Poly is so close that you don't have time to activate AP's, you might want to consider changing the time on the reservation to a later time if possible. Flight delays or a long time at DME could cause you to miss your reservation.

Good luck!

FYI, you can also activate your AP's at the TTC. I was staying at Poly when we activated ours, just walked right over. I'm not sure the hours though, I did mine sometime around mid day.

It was very easy!

If you want the discount, you will need to activate the AP. Why not send one person to the MK to activate the vouchers while the other checks in at the resort? I think that your activation date will then be that day instead of one day later. If you don't plan to use the AP that day, which do you want more - the discount at O'hanas or the extra day before your AP expires?

BTW, if your arrival time at the Poly is so close that you don't have time to activate AP's, you might want to consider changing the time on the reservation to a later time if possible. Flight delays or a long time at DME could cause you to miss your reservation.

Good luck!

The glitch is we also need to renew my hubby's DAS. he needs to be there for that. I can't believe I was just able to change the ADR for ohanas to a dif. day! boy did I get lucky!

FYI, you can also activate your AP's at the TTC. I was staying at Poly when we activated ours, just walked right over. I'm not sure the hours though, I did mine sometime around mid day.

It was very easy!

that is good to know! do you know if there is a guest relations at the TTC to get a DAS? if not, maybe I'll leave hubby by the pool, zip over to the TTC myself (I can move pretty quickly on my own lol) and take care of the ticket business. then we'll only need to get the DAS the next morning. thanks guys!

Good to know, thank you everyone! It just didn't make sense to me that you can book with a voucher, but not check in with one

and yes, there is a 10% discount at ohanas. not much, but every little bit helps! I'm so glad you guys informed me, though. I was thinking I could get the AP discount with the vouchers. I was able to move the ADR to a dif. day.. on arrival day, we'll just chill and eat at capt. cooks (20% AP discount!) I may or may not venture over to the TTC to take care of activation. of AP. but now at least "the pressure is off"! thanks guys!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter