AP room discounts

myjourney

DIS Veteran
If they offer them when do they usually make them available for reservations for May? If I book at the regular price then when are they offered for discount will they adjust the price?

If they offer them when do they usually make them available for reservations for May? If I book at the regular price then when are they offered for discount will they adjust the price?

Yes, see this historical info:

http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/#2012

They will adjust it if there is a discounted room available for your resort for your dates. It's not automatic, you could call and they could say your room type is not available and you would have to decide if you want to switch your room or dates to get the discount.

Yes, see this historical info:

http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/#2012

They will adjust it if there is a discounted room available for your resort for your dates. It's not automatic, you could call and they could say your room type is not available and you would have to decide if you want to switch your room or dates to get the discount.

Good point. I remember one time we had a BC standard room booked at AAA discount, called when the AP discount popped up... and even though AP discount wasn't available for standard view, it was for water view so we got a great upgrade and still ended up saving money. Definetly a good idea to keep checking.

:goodvibes

The short answer is no. You have to rebook to get the rate. In most situations it seems like you are just getting a price discount, but that resort might not get an AP rate or that room type might not have the rate, so you will have to make a change. Just because you booked a full rate room does not mean you will be able to get the discount.

The short answer is no. You have to rebook to get the rate. In most situations it seems like you are just getting a price discount, but that resort might not get an AP rate or that room type might not have the rate, so you will have to make a change. Just because you booked a full rate room does not mean you will be able to get the discount.

True! When I was down there last Dec, I booked a room for Oct 27th-Nov 3rd at POFQ. I needed Nov 4th, but that date was not available under the bounce back deal. When AP discounts came out for those dates, I called the morning they came out, but found POFQ was not offered for any of those dates, so had to stay with the bounceback deal. Then this past weekend my husband decided he wanted to add the DDP, so (not wanting to have to buy park tickets we didn't want), I called to see what was available for the AP discounts. Only a waterview room at CSR and rooms at CBR were available with the AP discount.

As DebbieB said, your existing reservation can easily be adjusted to reflect the discount, provided the resort/room type you currently have booked is available under that discount and there would be no need to cancel and rebook. Sometimes you have to be flexible with your resort/room type in order to take advantage of a discount as having a reservation already in place does not guarantee a discount can be applied, but even if you have to change resorts to get the discount, your current ressie can easily be modified.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter