AP Renewal and adding MaxPass

amyg1975

DIS Veteran
I have an annual pass, and we are going this weekend. We need to renew in November, but I had a question about adding MaxPass. If I renew today, it will give me a new expiration date of December 4th, 2018 (13 months when you renew), so if I add MaxPass, would it only last through the original expiration date, or through 2018? Anyone try this yet?

From what I have heard, if you add the MaxPass as part of the renewal (something you can't do online so you have to renew in person or by phone to do this), then the MaxPass becomes active the first day of your new year and works through the new expiration date. So say you go to the ticket booth this weekend and renew, adding MaxPass to the renewal. The MaxPass will not work for you this weekend but will become active whichever date in November is the first day of your new pass year. If you were to just renew your AP online and then add MaxPass separately at the park before your renewal date, I suspect that the MaxPass would only be through the rest of your current year. Since you can only add Maxpass at the ticket booth or on the phone I guess it doesn't hurt to ask, but if I was paying $75 for it, I would want to be very clear on when it's set to begin and expire. Hmm...that sounded very convoluted. Let me know if I'm too unclear about what I'm saying. I would love if I could renew and add MaxPass and have it work immediately, even before my official expiration date, but from the stories I have heard and Disney's fine print, I don't think it works that way. I read one account early on where it did work that way for someone but have not seen any such reports since.

Nope, that made perfect sense, and that is what I was thinking would happen too. I can wait until November to add it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts