AP rates and campground

Krisu

Meeska, mooska, Mouseketeer, Mousecartoon time now
Has there ever been an AP rate for the campground when the other resorts are announced?

Yes, we have gotten an AP rate for FW. You have to call fast, though!

I would think it wouldn't be for Value season since the rates are pretty good then especially with an AAA. And what was the discount?

mind if I ask what the aaa discount is? debating on if I should join it or keep the insurance road side asisstance.

I think it's usually 15%:confused: Last year I used the DC and I think they had the same discount. The golf cart for a week was more expensive than the campsite:eek: We are also going to Universal in Dec. where I know there are a lot of discounts with AAA.

Originally posted by Krisu
I would think it wouldn't be for Value season since the rates are pretty good then especially with an AAA. And what was the discount?

We got an AP campsite discount in value season in August 2002. A full hookup site was less than $30 a night (12 nights for $340). I think there were AP discounts in August this summer also, but we had to go in July before the AP's expired!

Last December, my partial hookup campsite was $25 a night including tax with an AP rate.

Carol

from what I understand, you do not need the Ap till Check in? so what ever you reserve you get the Ap for that? ( I know that is the way it is for the hotels so I'm guessing it applies to FW also)any idea when the Ap rates normally are announced since right now there aren't any for Jan when we are going. that would save me at least 15 a night so it would be worth the ap to buy it

That's right, you don't need to buy an AP before you get the AP rate. it's anybody's guess when the next AP rates will be released. You can just call and ask them to apply the AP rate to your existing reservation if they ever do come out.

GO BROWNS! It's tough being a Cleveland fan in Pittsburgh.

can you just request it at check in?

btw my daughter is at aparty for the browns/steelers game with a bunch of browns fans and was going to root for the steelers just to cause a rukus ( we live about 40 mins from Cleveland)!

Originally posted by georgina
That's right, you don't need to buy an AP before you get the AP rate. it's anybody's guess when the next AP rates will be released. You can just call and ask them to apply the AP rate to your existing reservation if they ever do come out.

GO BROWNS! It's tough being a Cleveland fan in Pittsburgh.

Glad to hear that about the AP rate, as we are planning on getting AP's on our next trip.

BTW - wasn't Tim Couch terrific against the Steelers last night? GO BROWNS!!!!!

Jerry in PA

I called "cro/whoever you want it to be" (their words) this morning and she told me the Ap rates for Jan . will probably be out by Dec but for a partial hook up I will save "Probably" $61and some change (for our 9 nights, kind of an odd "estimated" amount I thought) don't think as of yet that is enough to warrant me buying the Ap but she also said I did not need it till check in even though she was trying hard to sell me one now.She was super nice and helpful.( I am difficult to get to commit!)

I was under the impression that you could get an AP rate at any given time. However, when I called to reserve two cabins, they said there were no cabins available at the AP rate. The only resort available was CBR. Which tells me, like the airlines, they only allow a certain amount of rooms/cabins/campsites(?) to be reserved with an AP rate.

So, when they release those rates, you have to be on the phone pretty quick. As I said, I didn't know this, but with persistance (and a lot of long distance phone calls :rolleyes: ) I was able to secure the rate.

That is really odd....Maybe it has to do with the time of year or that mine is for a campsite? At first the CRO CM i spoke to kind of evaded the question about "can't I just tell them and get the rate at checkin" as she was trying to sell me the AP so I asked again and she said you can get it at check in so I do not understand that at all. I don't think she could have misunderstood since we were specifically discussing Ap rates (no other kind) and she figured out how much I would save....the "wonders " of Disney I guess!

well I called CRo this morning again since I was wondering about the Ap rate thing and got Cruella De Ville this time. after she informed me CRO will no longer exist in 3-4 weeks( like hahaha, we lose) and all deposits and stuff will now be the Disney Travel way (so call now or save up those pennies before you call lol) she also informed me there are only so many sites at Ap rate. it isn't the specific site but so many "slots" i guess is how you would put it. she said she would/could not note anything on my ressie about an AP until the discounts came out. she again tried to tell me I needed the pass right then and there and tired to sell me the Ap ( how dumb do I sound...she just said she couldn't give me the Ap rate, they may not come out and if they do basically good luck getting one..now I should spend money on an ap anyway?.hello!) when I point blank asked if I needed the pass before check in she said I did not. and tried to sell it again...finally I told her I did not have the cash for it yet (true but not the whole reason I'm not buying it yet, namely not worth it if no rates!) so that is that I guess. she did put my request site on but I wonder if I should request that again when i call about the Ap ( hopefullY "when") she also asked if I knew the name of the cm who helped me last time like she was going to write her up or something and is she the one who told me to ask for CRO which made me feel bad since the last one was actually helpful not like this reject from the old 1900 villian character meal! ( what a crab!). I told her no that is just who I had always asked for to make the ressie which is true. yikes what a way to start off a vacation! let the magic begin(lol)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter