AP rate vs Stay More, Save More

Squirlz

DIS Veteran
We spent a week at RPR earlier this month. Standard King room. Had a Stay More rate of $168 avg per night. After I had booked that I bought APs for my Wife and I. I checked a few time and called once just before we travelled and I never got an available AP rate.

I'm looking at a booking for a week in September and the average Save More rate is $162 for 7 nights.

So the question is, can an AP rate for a week ever be better that the Save More rate? If not it will save me time checking over the next 8 months!

The SMSM rate for 7 days should be about the same as the AP rate. It would only be a couple of dollars different, if anything.

It really depends on your dates

My last 5 stays (14 nights) I found the smsm rate was much better than the AP rate

There will be some weeks where one of the rates will greatly beat the other

You can always switch your rate after you have booked

I agree with Mac and Damo.

That's a great price for the week.

We are going to HRH the first week of March and I booked the Stay More rate in October. I checked online almost every othe day until the APH rate appeared. I saved 600 dollars on a 4 night stay! It really depends on the week and also you need to be quick as the cheaper rooms go quickly when the APH comes out.

It also depends on how long you stay. A 7 day stay will give you a larger discount than a 4 day stay. Staying 7 nights will get you about 35% off where 4 will get you 20% off. APH rate usually is around 30-40 during non peak times.

Agree that it's going to vary. SMSM is better than AP for our next trip. (But we found an even better deal somewhere else). We are doing 5 nights - so still better deal if we had done 7. Always check both. I'd book the SMSM rate that you found now. And then check around the time AP rates come out.

Edited to add: I just checked the rates and now it's the opposite for my dates! Now APH is cheaper than SMSM. So - not only does it depend on your dates, but it could even depend when you book. I booked a couple months ago. (I ended up booking through Orbitz since I found that cheaper this time).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter