AP FP limits

PopGirl26

Obsessed. Just obsessed.
We are annual pass holders. I have a week stay at Easter off-site (4/21-4/27).

I have an onsite stay 5/28-6/1.

When the FastPass window for the May stay opens on March 29, I’ll already have 7 days of FastPasses booked for April.

Will the system automatically allow me to make those May fastpasss on March 29?

It seems like yes?

No. The AP system will know you’ve reached your 7-day FP limit. As you use a day in April, book FPs for a day in May.

Ooohhhh. Really?! But the website says APs may hold 7 days of FPs in any 30-day period. For the 30-day period of April 28-May 28, I will have 0 (until I make some March 29).

I’m interested in how this would work as well.
I have an AP and the following trips planned:

1. solo trip 1/27-2/3, onsite, full slate of FPs booked

2. family trip with DH, DD and DSIL 3/17-22, onsite. DD will be booking FPs for everyone.

Will she be able to include me or should she just book for 3 of the four people going? If she can’t get FPs for me then when would I be able to add myself to the March group? I’m assuming it would be day by day beginning after I use up my first January FPs on on 1/27? We are all linked on MDE.

Thanks!

I believe onsite guests are not limited differently with an AP, it's the offsite stay that triggers the 7 FP limit. So, if all trips are onsite, there's not supposed to be a limit. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You should be able to book all the onsite fastpasses. Those don’t have the limits that offsite has.

Ooohhhh. Really?! But the website says APs may hold 7 days of FPs in any 30-day period. For the 30-day period of April 28-May 28, I will have 0 (until I make some March 29).

From the FP FAQ:
- Annual Pass (AP) holders have similar benefits as onsite guests when staying at an onsite resort. The primary difference is that AP holders can book up to 7 days of FPs at all times, and more if the length of the onsite stay is greater.

- AP holders have similar benefits as offsite guests otherwise, except that they cannot have more than 7 days of FPs booked at any one time.

I have an annual pass and an 8 night trip booked for February 8-17th and am only able to book fastpasses for 7 days since it's a split stay. I was told that the only way I could book fastpasses for more than 7 days was if the entire stay was under the same reservation number. Since my stay is at different resorts, even thought they're all onsite, I'm not able to book beyond the seven days allowed in a 30 day period.

For the 30-day period of April 28-May 28, I will have 0 (until I make some March 29).
Disney does not give APs infinite 30-day chunks of time in which to book FPs.

Your April trip maxes you out from booking more FPs. Use 1 day of April FPs then book for 1 day of your May trip.

I have an annual pass and an 8 night trip booked for February 8-17th and am only able to book fastpasses for 7 days since it's a split stay. I was told that the only way I could book fastpasses for more than 7 days was if the entire stay was under the same reservation number. Since my stay is at different resorts, even thought they're all onsite, I'm not able to book beyond the seven days allowed in a 30 day period.
Call the AP Help Desk. They can help you complete your booking for your onsite stays.

APs at Disney Springs needed the Help Desk to book for more than 7 days of FPs.

First, can I just say that I have almost identical travel plans to you, OP :). Now I am really afraid of how FastPass booking will go. My April offsite stay is just myself and my daughter (both with APs), but my early June onsite stay is with a group of 12 and I am managing the planning for the whole group. I think I am going to need to call the AP help desk when it comes time to make the April FastPasses just so I don't screw up the ability to make the June FastPasses for all 12 of us.

I think I am going to need to call the AP help desk when it comes time to make the April FastPasses just so I don't screw up the ability to make the June FastPasses for all 12 of us.
The AP Help Desk won’t be able to help with your April FPs because if you want FPs for your June onsite stay, you can’t book any FPs for your April stay.

Whatever you need for April decreases the number you can book for June. 7 in April maxes you out until you use them.

The Help Desk assists when APs with onsite stays of more than 7 days need assistance for booking FPs for the length of the onsite stay.

The AP Help Desk won’t be able to help with your April FPs because if you want FPs for your June onsite stay, you can’t book any FPs for your April stay.

Whatever you need for April decreases the number you can book for June. 7 in April maxes you out until you use them.

The Help Desk assists when APs with onsite stays of more than 7 days need assistance for booking FPs for the length of the onsite stay.

So, are you saying I won't be able to use any FastPasses in April if I have 7 days of FastPasses booked for June? What about when we are actually in the parks? ACK! This is really bad...

So, are you saying I won't be able to use any FastPasses in April if I have 7 days of FastPasses booked for June? What about when we are actually in the parks? ACK! This is really bad...
Yes; it’s really a major drawback of having an AP. And now, with “date-based” tickets, you’d need to choose specific tickets to buy and link to book and keep your June FPs intact until you use all your April FPs.

Then, you can reassign the date-based tickets to a placeholder/Ticket Saver Profile, allow them to expire, then use the value to renew your APs.

Lots of steps but it allows you to have FPs for both trips.

For clarity, I have a 14 day split stay BWV & CCV booked. As an AP, can I only book the first 7 days FP for this trip even though the entire stay spans Disney resorts?

For clarity, I have a 14 day split stay BWV & CCV booked. As an AP, can I only book the first 7 days FP for this trip even though the entire stay spans Disney resorts?
No, when your window opens it will include both stays and you can book FPs for 14 park days.

See the excerpt from the FP FAQ posted above by @mesaboy2 .

I wanted to come back and let you know what I was told when I called Disney and asked about this. Since my June trip is most important to me, I am going to make my FastPasses on April 5 for that June trip (7 days). The CM told me that once I finished making those FastPasses for June I could call their help desk number (407-939-7765) and they would open up the dates (unlock something?) for me to be able to book FastPasses for my April trip. I won't have the availablilty that I would have at 60 or even 30 days out, but at least I can have FastPasses to use during that April trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!