• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP = Discounts?

sanilacjack

DIS Veteran
Good Morning from sunny Michigan, where spring has finally sprung!
(I really diden't think I would make it thru winter)
I have seen several people, on this forum, talk about their Ap discounts.
Are they a good deal?
What type of discounts do you get and on what?
Does anyone have a link to Disney stating what the discounts are?
We are going the 1st week of December (to be a slow time for WDW)
and than again in March (the whole winter thing).
I also heard that you can have one family member hold a AP and get discounts for the whole family (like on dining)?
I would like to get the most bang for my disney buck.
Many thanks
Kim

Wow - let me try and give you some answers here.

Are they a good deal?
If you are planning on visiting parks more than 8 days in a year, then yes, the AP's are worth the price and the best deal. If you are planning on visiting parks more than 10 days AND visiting water parks and such others 4 or 5 days a years, then the Premium AP's are a good deal.

What type of discounts do you get and on what?

I don't have my book handy, but i know you get free parking at the parks and discounts on waterpark and mini golf admissions.
They also sometimes (and often in very limited quantity) have AP rates on resort rooms.

We are going the 1st week of December (to be a slow time for WDW)

See my first point. Depending on how many days out of each trip you will be spending at parks, a AP or PAP may be a good value.
(Hint:) depending on how many are in your family, the savings on the AP's that you could get with the Disney Club Card may make it worth you getting the DC card to purchase your AP's with.)

I also heard that you can have one family member hold a AP and get discounts for the whole family (like on dining)?

This is true. I (as an AP holder) was able to get special room rates not only for my family, but for another family traveling with us. We also used my AP for discounts on waterpark admissions and a lunch (can't remember specifics on the restaurant and how much of a discount) for both families.

Hope some of this helped.

- lori

Originally posted by loriandmatt
See my first point. Depending on how many days out of each trip you will be spending at parks, a AP or PAP may be a good value.
It may still be worth it for one member of your party to have an AP if your room discount will offset the additional cost of the AP.
MouseSavers has a formula for when it is worthwhile to purchase a single AP for stays of less than 8 days. Scroll down to the bottom of the page in the link to see the worksheet.
(Hint:) depending on how many are in your family, the savings on the AP's that you could get with the Disney Club Card may make it worth you getting the DC card to purchase your AP's with.)
Unless you already are a member of the Disney Club, you're outta luck on this one. The DC is being discontinued after this calendar year and they are not accepting new applications.

If you will be spending 8 days or more in the parks over your 2 trips then definitely get the AP's, not only for discounts, but for flexibility with your trip.

Our trips have been 100% more enjoyable since we purchased AP's. It is so nice to be able to come & go as you please. You can go to dinner at EPCOT after spending a day at the pool & not feel like you've "taken a day off of your ticket". You can go to MGM & ride ToT or RnRC & then leave.

We enjoy the flexibility immensely. :p

I agree with Melsmice about the flexibility. That was a big reason that we got PAP's. I was going crazy trying to figure out how to use a certain number of days for which parks for our family of 5 that all likes different things. The other main reason we went for the PAP's is that we have teens that love video games and Disney Quest is included (unlimited). That alone has been worth it to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter