AP Dining Discount

MountainMouse

Mouseketeer
Apologize if there is a better forum for this. Wondering if anyone could tell me if there are any blackouts on the AP dining discounts. Haven't found any indication there is but don't want any surprises when we get there next week. Will be our first trip not on the dining plan. Any complications with using the discount would also be appreciated information.

I have not heard of any black out dates. You will need the AP discount card, available at guest services and a photo ID.

I have not heard of any black out dates. You will need the AP discount card, available at guest services and a photo ID.
Great tip, thanks. I would have just shown up with the plastic entry card and expected them to know what to do with it.

I wasn't able to use mine on Thanksgiving, (they said no discounts on holidays) so I would assume Christmas, New Years Eve would be blocked out as well.

I wasn't able to use mine on Thanksgiving, (they said no discounts on holidays) so I would assume Christmas, New Years Eve would be blocked out as well.
I'm down there the 15th to the 23rd, I probably should just call and ask. Thanks.

Do you have the dining plan or out of pocket? I don't think the dining plan is discounted. I could be wrong. Not all restaurants discount with AP and alcohol is not discounted unless you have tables in wonderland

Do you have the dining plan or out of pocket? I don't think the dining plan is discounted. I could be wrong. Not all restaurants discount with AP and alcohol is not discounted unless you have tables in wonderland
I'm planning on just using the discount out of pocket this time. Typically we do the dining plan. I've looked through the list of discounts and we should do better, all of our character meals will be 10% off and the Contempo cafe is 20%. I do need to call and verify what I'm expecting though.

I'm down there the 15th to the 23rd, I probably should just call and ask. Thanks.
The problem with a phone call is you may get one answer then and another at the point of sale. I'd email so you have a written record if you get confirmation that the discount is applicable or you'll know if it isn't or is up to each venue.

Just curious, did you challenge them at all when they said you couldn't have the discount? The only comment on dates in the Passholder Benefits Guide is "*For a limited time October 1, 2016 through September 30, 2017." And the only exclusion listed is in regards to some restaurants not being eligible; nothing about dates. They don't even have the generic "blackout dates may apply" statement that they would normally put on an offer like this. Even the 10% discount dining program (that has a few more restrictions listed), doesn't have a general blackout date statement. There are just a couple of non-Disney owned restaurants that have some blackout dates listed that apply only to them.

If they refuse me discounts on Christmas Day, I will definitely push back. I'll be polite, but I'm not above pulling up the PDF of the guide on my phone & asking them to show me the exclusion.

Just curious, did you challenge them at all when they said you couldn't have the discount? The only comment on dates in the Passholder Benefits Guide is "*For a limited time October 1, 2016 through September 30, 2017." And the only exclusion listed is in regards to some restaurants not being eligible; nothing about dates. They don't even have the generic "blackout dates may apply" statement that they would normally put on an offer like this. Even the 10% discount dining program (that has a few more restrictions listed), doesn't have a general blackout date statement. There are just a couple of non-Disney owned restaurants that have some blackout dates listed that apply only to them.

If they refuse me discounts on Christmas Day, I will definitely push back. I'll be polite, but I'm not above pulling up the PDF of the guide on my phone & asking them to show me the exclusion.
Most everything I've seen says "Up to X discount" and the Disney land pass info says "subject to restrictions and change without notice". I didn't find the same info for the WDW AP. I did find this :Membership Extras are also subject to availability and block–out dates may apply, including high periods of demand such as Christmas and New Year’s Day." for DVC discounts. I'd ask but I don't think I'd push it. Rather than getting in that situation, go to Guest Services and check with them then if they say yes, get something in writing.

Unlike the TIW, the AP discount is for the AP holder and up to 3 guests. The TIW is 9 guests. We have a party of 8 on the next trip, but 2 AP holders. I would think we should all be covered. Any thoughts? Thanks

Unlike the TIW, the AP discount is for the AP holder and up to 3 guests. The TIW is 9 guests. We have a party of 8 on the next trip, but 2 AP holders. I would think we should all be covered. Any thoughts? Thanks
When I was using my AP discounts in November, it was a party of 8. We never were denied it. We did have more than 1 AP, but they never asked for more than 1.

I didn't try to fight for it because we thought there were exclusions on it because of the holiday. It was at a restaurant at the Swan, I'm not positive if they have the AP discount there, I know there is DVC though. So we just asked if we could use either of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter