AP and ticket package

MarBee

DIS Veteran
Hello!
I wasn’t sure where to post this, but I’ve been reading conflicting answers so I wanted to double check with any experts...

I currently have an annual pass. If I were to book a package that included room and tickets (either with Costco or directly through Disney), could I save the tickets for when my AP expires in February and use the tickets then?

Thanks in advance!

yes. make sure you have your tickets prioritized so that your AP is used ahead of your package tickets. used to be you had to ask Guest Services to do this.

yes. make sure you have your tickets prioritized so that your AP is used ahead of your package tickets. used to be you had to ask Guest Services to do this.
Thank you! Any idea if there is a time limit as to when you have to use these by?

I currently have an annual pass. If I were to book a package that included room and tickets (either with Costco or directly through Disney), could I save the tickets for when my AP expires in February and use the tickets then?
Yes.
You can even use these tickets to help pay for an AP renewal or a new AP.

There is an easier way that the GUEST can control.

Create a "fake name" in the MDX account and transfer that new package ticket to under that fake name.
That ticket will stay safe and unused until you are ready to transfer it back to your real name.

Last edited:

Thank you! Any idea if there is a time limit as to when you have to use these by?

Current tickets expire (can't be used) if they have not begun being used by Dec. 31, 2019.

However, even if these tickets do expire, unused, the guest can still get
the original value of the ticket toward the purchase of a new ticket or AP
in the future at a time when needed.

Create a "fake name" in the MDX account and transfer that new package ticket to under that fake name.
That ticket will stay safe and unused until you are ready to transfer it back to your real name.

Not the OP, but this seems like a great place to ask. How would I go about reassigning package tickets to a phantom MDX profile that I have created? Unlike my standalone tickets, I don’t see an option to reassign package tickets. Thanks in advance for any help.

Not the OP, but this seems like a great place to ask. How would I go about reassigning package tickets to a phantom MDX profile that I have created? Unlike my standalone tickets, I don’t see an option to reassign package tickets. Thanks in advance for any help.
You just have to wait until check-in day. That's when the package tickets can be treated like stand-alone tickets.
Until check-in date the tickets are "inactive."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter