Aotearoa or Tahiti?

momofmikey

Mommy also to Daniel and Lauren
Just wondering what people thought was the better Poly building for lagoon view. We've stayed at Tahiti with a wonderful castle view, and the beach right in front of us. It was great, but we wanted to try something different. It looks like Aotearoa has nice lagoon/castle views (castle seems even closer than Tahiti), but no beach. Which do people prefer?

Thanks!

My DH and I much prefer the Tahiti rooms and view. The rooms are slightly larger, as are the bathrooms; and the we love the beach. Our two DS love to sit in the hammocks and watch the castle and the firworks.

My DH and I much prefer the Tahiti rooms and view. The rooms are slightly larger, as are the bathrooms; and we love the beach. Our two DS love to sit in the hammocks and watch the castle and the fireworks.

Aotearoa is actually set back from the beach but may be about the same distance from the castle as Tahiti but if you are going by the famous photo of the castle behind Aotearoa that it can be misleading as to how close it is. It looks close because of the way the photo was taken (see below).

MonorailMH684.jpg

Here is an actual photo taken from the ground level of Aotearoa.

aotearcastle.jpg

It is a good view and you do have a beach in front of the rooms it is just set a little farther back and so you do not get as much of a view of the lagoon as you do in Tahiti or even Tuvalu.

polysat2.jpg

Aloha

Steve

We've stayed in both Aotearoa ('02) and Tahiti ('93 & '00) but in GV rooms, not LV rooms.

We prefer the building/rooms in Tahiti because the hallways and rooms are larger. We liked that it was a fairly close walk to the T&TC.

We like the location of Aotearao - it was nice to be close to the GCH but the room was smaller and the building didn't seem as fresh ... and it had just been refurbished.

Debbie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter