AoA Reservations for 2014...help?

jgh

Peter Pan!
I'm in need of assistance!!! :lmao:

This is my first time ever booking a Disney vacation::yes::...my parents have always done it...and never ever this far in advance (usually it's about 2 months in advance, at most).

So I was looking at AoA ressies, which go up to December 2013 currently. We are needing to book for April 2014, for our honeymoon. The nights we book will probably be April 6th-10th, but it depends on if we choose the April 10th cruise on the Dream or the April 6th one.

Anyway, I was "chatting" with an online Disney customer service rep and asked how I go about making reservations for this time...she said:
"Currently you are able to book a non-guaranteed room rate for 2014 so secure your room. When the rates are released you will be able to rebook to a package reservation. To book a non-guaranteed room rate you will need to give the Disney Reservation Center a quick phone call at 407-560-CHAT (2428) and a specially trained agent would be happy to assist you."

Can someone dumb this down for me, a Disney-ressie dummy? I'm confused as to how this process goes this early in the game. What exactly is a non-guaranteed room rate and what does she mean by "rebook to a package reservation"? I'm pretty sure we won't be wanting a package reservation as we will only be there for a few days before our Disney cruise...

Prices for next year have not been released yet. So you would be booking a room without knowing the price of the room yet.
So when ticket and room prices get released for 2014 you would have to call so you can book your room and ticket package.

Prices for next year have not been released yet. So you would be booking a room without knowing the price of the room yet.
So when ticket and room prices get released for 2014 you would have to call so you can book your room and ticket package.

So do we put money down when we call to reserve and we're just guaranteed the rooms?

Does anyone know when the 2014 prices will most likely be released?

First off, I see you are from Athen, Ga. We have friends who live there. :wave2:

To answer your question, yes you would put down a deposit equal to one night's stay to reserve the room. When the 2014 rates are released (somewhere between June and August, 2013), your rate will automatically be applied to your reservation and you will not have to do anything else.

However, if you want to book a package with tickets or add dining, you'll have to call and cancel your room only reservation. You'll be refunded the deposit made earlier and will have to rebook the package with another deposit. Room only reservations and package reservations use two separate computer systems. They can not just apply your room only reservation to your package.

First off, I see you are from Athen, Ga. We have friends who live there. :wave2:

To answer your question, yes you would put down a deposit equal to one night's stay to reserve the room. When the 2014 rates are released (somewhere between June and August, 2013), your rate will automatically be applied to your reservation and you will not have to do anything else.

However, if you want to book a package with tickets or add dining, you'll have to call and cancel your room only reservation. You'll be refunded the deposit made earlier and will have to rebook the package with another deposit. Room only reservations and package reservations use two separate computer systems. They can not just apply your room only reservation to your package.

Awesome! Athens is great! :)

So if we're just doing room only reservations we won't really need to do anything else except pay the remaining balance by a certain time?

Awesome! Athens is great! :)

So if we're just doing room only reservations we won't really need to do anything else except pay the remaining balance by a certain time?

Yep, that's right. You'll just pay that deposit and then make the final payment upon arrival. That is unless they change their "pay by" date policy for 2014.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter