AoA questions

wbh1964

Mouseketeer
Couple of quick questions for those with info of the new Art of Animation resort.
We are traveling with our son and daughter, both adult size and our daughter is handicapped...in a wheelchair.
How are the handicap rooms?
Are any of the suites handicap accessible...which land, LM, Cars, Nimo??? Trying to determine what is the best resort for the lowest price since we are on a tight budget.
Also, how is transportation at AoA?
I know it is a bus service resort. Looks like a long distance from LM section to the buses...is it as bad as it looks?
Even in a wheelchair, when we get back to resort at end of day our dd has a difficult time and we usually try to stay "close" to bus area so we can get her quickly to the room.
Thanks for the info!

I really can't help with what the accessible rooms are like, but I can tell you that the Finding Nemo (family suites) will be the closest to the bus stop which is front of the resort.

in the link below I have many pics of AoA, including some shot's of the room and a breif TR on the size. Hope this helps, the pics can also give you an idea of the walk.

If you post on the disABILITIES forum, someone there may have first-hand experience in the accessible rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter