Anywhere to buy liquor near the resorts??

jazz0007

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if there are any stores that sell liquor...not just drinks but a bottle to have in your room?? We're staying at the POR.

All of the resort stores sell bottles of alcohol, I think it's usually behind register. I know for a fact that Jackson Square at POFQ sells whiskey, rum, etc as we stayed there after running the marathon in January and I joked about buying a bottle of Jack Daniels to numb the pain. :)

aladdinsgirl, BenGay or Capsaicin do the same thing, and they're cheaper... oh, wait - you meant numb it from the INside! Got it! :teeth:

on property is very, very expensive. If you have a car there are stores nearby less expensive.

Incase anyone else had this question.....I just found out online that it's ok to have liquor in your CHECKED baggage as long as it's not more than 70% alcohol. :)

We always have our own transportation yet unless we need a lot of something or several things it just not worth it to leave property regardless of price for just 1 thing.

With the price of gas the time involved etc look around on property before going off property. Try the gas stations with the convience stores.

Ask at your resort for the closest liquor store and they will be able to give you directions. Hard liquor isn't my thing so I can't remember if it's sold in grocery stores or not. If it's sold in grocery stores, there's plenty of those around the Disney area.

But it definitely is sold at the Disney gift shops. A bit more expensive but right there.

There is a liquor store near downtown disney at the crossroads it's next to goodings store.

Kim

well my DH, and DBIL take a bus to DTD walk across the street to the Hess Gas station grab some beer and head back to the resort.
it's alot cheaper then the 12 bucks for a 6pack they sell in the stores at the resorts

well my DH, and DBIL take a bus to DTD walk across the street to the Hess Gas station grab some beer and head back to the resort.
it's alot cheaper then the 12 bucks for a 6pack they sell in the stores at the resorts

I would say this is probably the best (and cheapest) option. DBF and I (after the 1st year of paying ridiculously expensive prices for a 6 pack) had a car the last 3 trips, so we would go to the liquor store next to Gooding's and pick up our beer there. This year (we're going for Xmas 11/30-12/7 :banana: :banana: ) we aren't renting a car, so I think this is what we're going to be doing as well! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter