Anyway to pay to get to book earlier?

DisneyMountainWoman

DIS Veteran
So I am assuming this is a no but I want to make sure, I did not realize till yesterday the platinum, gold, and sliver all get to book their cruise sooner than us, I knew they get to book activities and things like that before us but not booking the actually cruise first and now I am reading that for popular itineraries they can book up before it would even open to us new people. So just wondering is there in way to pay in to book earlier or maybe working through certain travel agents who can book sooner than us or anything like that... thanks for the help.

You can book a concierge room. Then you are one of the first that can pick excursions and other activities. That's the ultimate pay to play. However, you'd have to book with the general public. You have to earn your right to book early with Disney.

You can book a concierge room. Then you are one of the first that can pick excursions and other activities. That's the ultimate pay to play. However, you'd have to book with the general public. You have to earn your right to book early with Disney.

The salient point is that you can't book a concierge stateroom or any other until it's open to the general public UNLESS you have Castaway Club status. There's no pay to play that gets you around that for the most popular itineraries that sell out quickly

Okay thanks everyone, I figured but wanted to check to make sure. I am use to how DW and DL works so I am use to more pay to play options they do not really reward loyalty or a lot of us would have a lot fun perks, lol.

I also believe that if you are a DVC member, your cruise booking opens the same day as Silver Castaway Club.
Ohh that is cool... I always wanted to do DVC but my husband who is accountant keeps doing the math on DVC an says it is better for us to keep buying trips individually... bah.. maybe I can use that as an excuse... lol. Esp since we are an every other year family.

We have been cruising with DCL since literally Day 1 of their sailings by being on the Maiden Voyage of the Magic back in 1998 and have completed 45 DCL cruises since then.

I totally understand the frustration of booking after the Castaway Club members but I do appreciate DCL's policy of tiered bookings. Even as a Platinum I may not get the itinerary or cabin or dining I prefer. It just all depends how many CC members want to book a particular cruise.

Good luck on opening day...hope you get what to book what you want.

MJ

It used to be that those with Silver Castaway Club status had to wait to book with the general public. I'm glad DCL changed that so those with Silver status can book a day earlier.

Ohh that is cool... I always wanted to do DVC but my husband who is accountant keeps doing the math on DVC an says it is better for us to keep buying trips individually... bah.. maybe I can use that as an excuse... lol. Esp since we are an every other year family.
That's funny. I'm an accountant and my husband was the one who kept pushing for DVC. I finally gave in, and I don't regret the purchase. Our kids are now away at college, and they are worried we will go without them.

It gets even tougher when you’re traveling with family on different levels. I’m platinum and daughter/family are gold. Last booking I waited until gold to book and got shut out of my favorite cabins. This time, I’m booking on platinum day, and she will take her chances. I know I could book 2 rooms between myself and husband, but with placeholders it gets complicated

We have been cruising with DCL since literally Day 1 of their sailings by being on the Maiden Voyage of the Magic back in 1998 and have completed 45 DCL cruises since then.

I totally understand the frustration of booking after the Castaway Club members but I do appreciate DCL's policy of tiered bookings. Even as a Platinum I may not get the itinerary or cabin or dining I prefer. It just all depends how many CC members want to book a particular cruise.

Good luck on opening day...hope you get what to book what you want.

MJ
45 DCL cruises! I am not jealous at all.... lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!