anything special for your b-day/anniversary

pixxi

Mouseketeer
During our trip my DH and I are celebrating our wedding anniversary, DH's b-day and DD b-day. If they are wearing their pins, does anyone do anything special for them at DW?:confused3

They may, but then again, they may not. The only way to assure something special is to set it up yourself. It's likely that the CMs will wish you a happy birthday/anniversary and possibly give some kind of token dessert, but no guarantees.

It really depends on the server. If you want to make sure you get the best chance of any type of acknowledgment, mark it on your adr. Then when you check into the restaurant remind the host/ess that you are celebrating and what.

Hopefully with the buttons it is that "extra" push, but again it is up to the server whether they fill like "celebrating" with you.

Have a good trip and enjoy your celebrations!!

We went to Citricos in the GF for our anniversary, and I told them in advance it was our anniversary.

We did not wear our pins to dinner (but was wished "happy anniversary" by a ton of CM's when they saw us wearing them outside of the restaurant). Because we had told them in advance, we had a personalized menu that wished us both by name happy anniversary and had the year on it. The waiter brought us complementary champagne as well.

I'd very much recommend this restaurant for a special celebration. It really is great, and not nearly as expensive as V&A.

DH and I just got back last week from celebrating our anniversary and I noted it on all of our dining reservations, we wore the pins sometimes and we got some stuff from some places but we didn't really expect it.

We got a complementary dessert at Via Napoli and champagne (or prosecco, not sure) at Mama Melrose's. The best by far was California Grill since they have Mickey confetti on the table for celebrations. We ordered a custom made cake and they gave us complementary champagne to go with it.

I think the extras are nice but you can't really expect it. We did get lots of people wishing us a happy anniversary, which was fun too!

On my birthday the CM brought us out a cupcake with a candle and they sang "happy birthday" this was at 50's prime time.

also a few years back we celebrated our anniv at CRT and they brought us a free desert.

o restaurant is that much better than another restaurant.

1) Acknowledgment is a matter of the CM's personal initiative.
2) It also depends upon how much they like you as a guest.
3) CM's can do a lot, or they can do nothing at all.
. . . they are under no obligation to give goodies or even acknowledge, or
. . . they can go way overboard and give lots of gifts to a guest
4) The CM's have a lot of leeway of things to do or not do for you.
5) Have your anniversary-birthday-celebration noted on the ressie and ADR's.
6) Some of the things a CM can do for free are
. . . decorate table with Mickey confetti
. . . best table location
. . . special personalized menu
. . . character-autographed birthday cards
. . . balloons
. . . wine or champagne or Shirley Temples
. . . appetizers or desserts
. . . cakes
. . . cupcake with candle (almost always available for the asking)
. . . placemats autographed by characters
. . . free appy pr free dessert
. . . fruit basket or wine basket
7) Caveat: If there are multiple celebrations for people during a trip
. . . do not do separate celebration locations or tables
. . . one person may get an enthusiastic CM, and get lots of goodies
. . . one person may get a lazy CM and get nothing

We celebrated my 50th birthday at Disney--it was the actual day and noted on our reservation--nothing happened at any of our meals. That night when we got back to our room there were flowers, balloons and a special card from Mickey and Minnie--turndown service and a chocolate too. I say go thinking nothing will happen and be surprised if it does!

We usually go for mine and my DD's birthday's in October. We have gotten cupcakes at the end of all of our meals, lots of birthday wishes, stickers, and at the candy shop in MK a chocolate covered marshmallow stick.

My DH and I go annually for our anniversary in February. Along with many anniversary wishes we have gotten, desserts and champagne.

Hope you enjoy your trip!

We celebrated our anniversary at Citricos for 2 years and had personalized menus but nothing else

Birthday at Jiko and Cali Grill...confetti and a card but that was it

Many other places for birthdays, Boma gave us a little dessert plate, Kona gave cream puffs for breakfast and dinner, Cape May Clambake gave a chocolate fudge mini cake

California Grill decorated our table with confetti, and our dessert had a happy birthday message on it.

Rose & Crown gave a card at our lunch :thumbsup2 We didn't order dessert there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter