Anything special for Birthdays?

deebs

DIS Veteran
We are going to be spending my daughters 3rd Birthday aboard the Magic. Is it worth mentioning anything to the staff? Would they do anything special??

If you mention it to the dining staff (or have it noted on your reservation for the dining staff) they will bring a cake to your table and sing for her... That is always fun :)

I took decorations for my daughter's cabin door. The other little girls on the ship loved them, and she got many "Happy Birthday" remarks. In addition, we did the dining room cake.

DCL will decorate the room for a fee...the information will be with your documents. I think it is $30 with a deluxe package for $50. Much cheaper to bring my own decorations. In addition, I slipped the waiter an expandable centerpiece and asked that he put it on the table for dinner....a princess crown or something like that could easily substitute for the centerpiece for your little one.

I did make a point of seeing my server at lunch so that he was in the same dining room where he could easily slip the small package into his drawer of his serving station. If you give it to him the night before, he will be in a different dining room, making more work for him.

We went when my daughter turned 3 on the ship. They sang to her, brought her a cake and gave her a special Disney Birthday trading pin.

Apparently, these are special pins that are only given out to birthday celebrators on the cruise line.??

She absolutely loved it and I would definitely recommend it.

I'm on the cruise right now, and it seems like it's everyone's birthday. They sing and bring a cake at dinner if it's your birthday. I'm contemplating saying it's my birthday. The other night there were so many "birthdays" a waiter walked around singing happy birthday to himself. Kind of odd....

I love the idea of taking decorations! We have celebrated our twins birthdays on the cruise for the past 4 years and I never did this! I am going to bring some decorations this year! THANKS!
DJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter