Anything I should know about high tea?

vickych

Earning My Ears
In addition to what to wear I was wandering about tea etiquette in general. Does my pinky finger need to rise in the air as I sip. Are sipping sounds appropriate? Do I dunk my tea bag, if so how many times? What do I do with my spoon after stirring? And so on.

Thanks,
Vic

Oddly enough, someone asked Miss Manners a question recently abouth the pinky thing. She said tea cups used to not have handles, so you would hold it with as few fingers as possible in order to burn as few fingers as possible. Therefor the raised pinky is no longer necessary. The spoon goes on the left in the saucer. She did not answer your other ?'s so I don't know. Anyway, enjoy your tea!

The tea is loose, so you don't have to worry about dunking tea bags. Just dress nice and don't slurp your tea! :eek: Also, if you want to leave your server a tip, make sure to bring some dollar bills. Also enjoy yourself, it is wonderful!

With regard to the tea, and Palo in general, I am not clear if I can book dinner, brunch and tea at the same time, or are there different tables/lines to stand in? We will be on the 7 day in August and need to know how many people in our party have to head to the reservation area upon boarding. Thank you.

Originally posted by vickych
In addition to what to wear I was wandering about tea etiquette in general. Does my pinky finger need to rise in the air as I sip.
Thanks,
Vic

I think this is a question for BD....

Rae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter