Anything and everything holiday ~ Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and more!

Cute costumes !!!
I love the spiders. I think I'll help my day care kids make some !

They're very easy to make. Each sucker needs 4 black pipe cleaners and two eyes. Just rap the pipe cleaners around the stick leaving equal amounts on each side of the stick for legs, and bend the legs into shape. Glue on the eyes. I used a hot glue gun, but with preschoolers, I'ld go with elmers glue. Make sure you bring extra suckers to eat. My DS (2 1/2) sat with us at the table to make the spiders, but just ate a sucker and provided comentary to our spider making.

Like most of you, I've had Nightmare Before Christmas in my arsenal of movies for quite some time. I haven't been able to watch it much over the last 2 years because my DS didn't like it. All that changed a month ago, we're watching that movie 3-4 times a day for the last 3 weeks. I suppose that's a good thing, it gives us a break from Cars and Spongebob Squarepants. In 4 weeks we'll be in Disneyland, I think he'll really like HMH.

Carving pumpkins today!!! It'll be pizza for dinner. This weekend a storm is supposed to come through, 30% chance of rain on Halloween (fingers crossed). On Saturday we're supposed to drive to the coast to see the storm over the ocean, I'll be sure to bring my camera.

Also today, I'm going to finish the pumpkin chocolate chip cookies I tried to make last night. The evil sugar thief ran off with my brown sugar and it was too late at night for me to make a quick run to the store.

622.gif

On Saturday we're supposed to drive to the coast to see the storm over the ocean, I'll be sure to bring my camera.
Sounds nice! I love being by the water on a stormy day.

In 4 weeks we'll be in Disneyland, I think he'll really like HMH.
I love HMH. So glad we got to ride it last weekend.

I got this cute email card from my grandfather today. Hopefully the link'll work. Make sure the sound is turned up on your computer too!!

http://ak.imgag.com/imgag/product/p...el/&cardNum=/product/full/ap/3125133/graphic1
Cute card! :goodvibes

To you too!! :)

Tomorrow's the big day!!! :banana:

Halloween outdoor decorations will be going up today and tomorrow here. It's a very windy day which normally I'd love, but it's making it a real pain to put things up. Oh well.

Busy weekend! Spent yesterday baking treats for my neighbors and last night we went to a haunted house. Today I ran out to Party City to get a few more mini strobe lights. Can't wait for tomorrow night!

Have fun everyone!

This evening I got all the graveyard stuff out of the shed. It's all in the living room just waiting til tomorrow. I'll get up early and set it all up.
I hope it's not too cold tomorrow, I love seeing the kids costumes.
I had a party yesterday for my day care kids. I had a Tiana and a Snow White. They were so cute !

Just settling in to watch The Adventures of Ichabod (the classic Disney animated one) and Hocus Pocus.

Hope everybody has had a happy Halloween.

The kids had fun. DD went with friends and I took DS out for a half and hour trick or treating. At first he didn't want anything to do with his costume or going out collecting candy. After we got a few trick or treaters at our house he changed is mind.

I know that after tonight the holiday is over, but I still wanted to share pictures of my kidlets.

Who's going shopping tomorrow? Our local halloween store is selling everything half off, I'm hoping to score a fog machine and a couple zoombie kids.

Got everything out and setup, but when I went to take pictures, the camera battery was dead and the charger was at the office. :headache: So no pictures! I had 30 or so kids, about 1/3 of last year, mostly b/c everyone around here was watching the Giants game, so I now have 50-60 full six candy bars left over!!! Anyone know of somewhere I can give/donate them?

Great pics Trudi!!

We had a great time last night. Awesome turn out, and everyone loved our house! Makes all the hard work worth it. ::yes::

I've spent today packing it all up and putting it away. Even managed to put out a few Thanksgiving decorations. October was a great month. Can't believe it's over already. Time goes too fast.....

Great pics Trudi!!

We had a great time last night. Awesome turn out, and everyone loved our house! Makes all the hard work worth it. ::yes::

I've spent today packing it all up and putting it away. Even managed to put out a few Thanksgiving decorations. October was a great month. Can't believe it's over already. Time goes too fast.....

I know what you mean. When people tell me how 'cool' my house is it really is worth all the work. I got everything packed up too. I only have 3 Thanksgiving decorations. Oh well !

I finally took and uploaded the tootsie pop spiders and my kids' halloween costums.

IMG_0106-1.jpg

LOL, this totally reminds me of Parenting FAIL

okay, a little harsh. I admit some of those were a bit much, however I had a little pink cheeta trick or treat at my house and it didn't look naughty on her. I made sure my daughter was covered. There are ways of making those costumes more age appropirate, observe:

Renaeincostume2.jpg

She has on a black shirt undernieth and below (not in picture) she is wearing leggings w/boots.

okay, a little harsh. I admit some of those were a bit much, however I had a little pink cheeta trick or treat at my house and it didn't look naughty on her. I made sure my daughter was covered. There are ways of making those costumes more age appropirate, observe:

Renaeincostume2.jpg

She has on a black shirt undernieth and below (not in picture) she is wearing leggings w/boots.

I didnt mean to be harsh, i was just noting that the picture reminded me of the FAIL photo, i think what you did looks great.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter