Anyone work from home?

jrandtysmom

I'm not cool enough for the Tag Fairy...or maybe I
Not sure if this belongs here but does anyone out there work from home and if so, how did you get started? Do you work for a local company that allows you to work from home? I want to do something from home but I'm a single parent so I need to bring home at least $350-$400/week. I don't want to do selling/parties. I've always done administrative assistant work. Now that my kids are in/starting school, I'm finding it harder to cover getting them on and off the bus and summer/school breaks. Any ideas?

With your admin skills, you could do "virtual assistant" work from home. The caveat is that most are starting their own businesses (I am doing this currently). If you have it in you to start your own business, then you should check out the Virtual Assistant Forums (just type it in w/ the dot com - I don't think we're supposed to post the actual URLs here). It's a community of really great ladies who are all in various stages of developing their business and they're very welcoming - I'd suggest just getting on their site and having a look around as it would answer your questions.

There really aren't a LOT of really legitimate work-from-home opportunities where there's not a catch of some sort. A legitimate company is usually going to want someone working in their office first before they would free up the reigns and let them work from home.

Thank you! I've seen advertisements about virtual assistant but the one's I've seen require you buy some software or invest something so I don't feel those are legit. I think your right about not many jobs where you don't work in their office first but I've never been lucky enough to stumble across anywhere that allows employees to work from home. I work from home 1 day a week now doing data entry for my job because the internet connection is so slow at the office that they asked me to but they won't expand on that. I get more work done at home then when I'm in the office. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter