Anyone wanting baseball tickets when they are in California this summer

Mary Anne

DIS Veteran
The Dodger tickets go on sale THIS Friday 3/4 Noon PST

and the Angels go on sale THIS Saturday 3/5 at 9 am PST

Seeing a basball game while we are in California is one of the hightlights we're looking forward to besides seeing DisneyLand.

YES!

My kids are desperate to go to a Red Sox game, and getting tickets out here was next to impossible. No, actually it was impossible, LOL! :rolleyes: We were on 3 phones and a computer for hours the day they went on sale and we couldnt even get out of the "waiting room" to see what was available.

As luck would have it, the Angels are playing the Red Sox on the day we disembark from the Magic and our flight isnt until 9:00pm. It couldnt have worked out any more perfect because my kids love the Angels too. They would be more excited over going to this game than the cruise itself. ;) We arent telling them about it yet though.

BUT, now the big problem is will we be able to get tickets for this game or not. Im going to be a nervous wreck until Saturday. Also, we are only going to have about 40 minutes to try for tickets because DS is making his first penance at 1:00(10:00 CA time), so we will have to leave the house. Wish us luck! :teeth:

Good luck to you.

I tried getting tickets for the Met/Yankee games at Shea this morning when they went on sale. By the time I got to the room an hour after it opened, they were gone.

They are putting a lot less single type tickets on sale for these types of games and making you buy some sort of small package to even get one game. We're not buing into it this year.

Let us know if you get through next week. I'll keep you posted. We may have a problem with the Angels as the only series we'll have a chance is is Angels/Dodgers but the Dodger games are normal games so our chances are really good there.

CamColt said:
YES!

My kids are desperate to go to a Red Sox game, and getting tickets out here was next to impossible. No, actually it was impossible, LOL! :rolleyes: We were on 3 phones and a computer for hours the day they went on sale and we couldnt even get out of the "waiting room" to see what was available.

As luck would have it, the Angels are playing the Red Sox on the day we disembark from the Magic and our flight isnt until 9:00pm. It couldnt have worked out any more perfect because my kids love the Angels too. They would be more excited over going to this game than the cruise itself. ;) We arent telling them about it yet though.

BUT, now the big problem is will we be able to get tickets for this game or not. Im going to be a nervous wreck until Saturday. Also, we are only going to have about 40 minutes to try for tickets because DS is making his first penance at 1:00(10:00 CA time), so we will have to leave the house. Wish us luck! :teeth:

I feel your pain, haven't been able to get Sox tickets at all. I had a plan-was going to go to DL while the Sox were playing the Angels, turns out to be the weekend my cousin is getting married. Oh well, I tried!

My ds would love to go to a game. The angels are not playing when we are there and we are not renting a car. I have been looking into taking the metro to the Dodger's stadium.

Thanks Mary Ann! Good luck to you too. :goodvibes

Oh athenna, that stinks!
It is so frustrating that the only way to take our kids to a major league baseball game around here is by going through ticket scalpers and paying upwards of 3 or 4 times the actual cost of the ticket..which is already outrageous to begin with. :rolleyes:

Woo Hoo! We got them!!! :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :banana: :cool1: :goodvibes

We got through within a few minutes of them going on sale,and all they had was obstructed view. But, I dont care as long as we are going. Now I just have to keep it a secret from my kids until then. YAY!!!!

I tried to get tickets for the Anaheim Angels this morning but it said they weren't available. Can anybody tell me what that means please? We want them sometime during the week of August 17 - 24. Thanks.

They went on sale at 9:00 Pacific Time, which was 12:00 Eastern Time, not sure how many hours later you guys are.
We will be there that time too...Aug 20th game.

I was able to get tickets to see both the Angles AND the Dodgers play at home the week we are there :banana: :banana: :banana:

My boys are thrilled! We get to see an inter-league game of the Dodger vs Angels @ the Angels stadium, and then we are seeing Arizona vs. the Dodgers at Dodger stadium.

I'm so stupid - I hadn't remembered that just because it was 9 a.m. here that it would be 1 a.m. in California - duh!!!!!

Yay!!! Congrats, Mary Anne!!! :cool1:

Thats ok diberry. I did the same thing. For a few weeks I was thinking they would be on sale first thing in the morning here. It wasnt until about a week ago I realized it would be noon time here, LOL!

Looks like I may have lost my chance if all the tickets are gone already and the ticketing service is down for maintenace today anyway. Why didn't I use my brain and try at 5 p.m. our time yesterday when the tickets came online out there????? And why isn't there a smilie for "DUH - STUPID"!!!???

What dates are you looking for. I doubt everything is gone. When I called and spoke to a real person a few weeks ago, they said most tickets are sold as walk ups or just a few days before.

I would try keep trying as soon as the system comes up.

CamColt said:
We got through within a few minutes of them going on sale,and all they had was obstructed view.
I thought from reading this - as they seem to be going about the same time as us - that only obstructed view seating was left. Anyway I've managed to get tickets for the Dodgers - but I appreciate your help - thanks! :)

Just a quick update. We saw a game at Angels Stadium last week. Great Stadium and we really enjoyed the game. Be careful of when people buy peanuts. They toss them from the other section and we saw someone who could have been badly hurt.

We didn't care for Dodger Stadium as much. If you have tickets there beware if you are sitting in the upper levels. It is really, really way up there. :earseek:

Mary Anne said:
Just a quick update. We saw a game at Angels Stadium last week. Great Stadium and we really enjoyed the game. Be careful of when people buy peanuts. They toss them from the other section and we saw someone who could have been badly hurt.

We didn't care for Dodger Stadium as much. If you have tickets there beware if you are sitting in the upper levels. It is really, really way up there. :earseek:

Oh great! I'll be sure to bring the epi pen for DS ho is allergic to peanuts. :rolleyes: Thanks for the warning. ;)

Glad you enjoyed the game. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter