Anyone want to keep track of how much they save towards their Disney vacation?????

I started that KGB thing earlier this week. I have made $5.05 so I guess that is the beginning of my Disney earnings!

$5.05!!!

:yay:

Hey! you gotta start somewhere!

I am curious. I belong to mypoints as well and people are stating that they have so much in money. They only have points. Am I missing something? I would like to get money if I can. also, Swagbucks. What do you do just keep doing searches and sometimes you can earn money? Not sure that I get what this one does. I am buzzing away to anyone and everyone. I really want to go to Disney but I don't think that it will be in the cards so we are going to go to NY next spring/summer. I am trying to buzz enough so my hotel room will be paid for. It is a fun way to make some gift cards.

I am curious. I belong to mypoints as well and people are stating that they have so much in money. They only have points. Am I missing something? I would like to get money if I can. also, Swagbucks. What do you do just keep doing searches and sometimes you can earn money? Not sure that I get what this one does. I am buzzing away to anyone and everyone. I really want to go to Disney but I don't think that it will be in the cards so we are going to go to NY next spring/summer. I am trying to buzz enough so my hotel room will be paid for. It is a fun way to make some gift cards.
My guess would be that they mean they have enough points to redeem for a GC with that monetary value.

You might want to ask this over on the Rewards Board. The friendly group over there can direct you to the rewards that those programs have which can be used for your trip.

Count me in!:goodvibes

I worked on our Disney budget last week and figured out that we need about $500 for our WDW trip in December.

* I cashed out for a $25 Landry's gift card through *************** today. :banana:

* We received a $50 check in the mail for my DH's cell phone reimbursement.:banana:

Total needed now: $425

Update! I forgot that I have $58 in survey rewards. I just turned in some discover cashback for a $50 gc for applebees and added another 100 to the savings from newspaper serving. Total is $1053!! :banana::banana::banana:

My DH deejayed with a friend of his last night and earned $150. :banana: We now have $225 towards our December trip!:banana: Almost halfway there!:woohoo:

$225/$500

Well, wish me luck. We just decided last week to go ahead with another Thanksgiving trip this year. I had booked it under the Disney Visa free dining offer last Spring and never told anyone in my family, because I was not sure I really wanted to do it. Anyway.....

$1,685.00 Trip
(200.00) Deposit $ - has been long gone!
(400.00) Disney Visa Reward $$
$1,055.00 left to "find" in only 5 1/2 weeks!!! :scared1:

Off to gather change for the change jar!!! It's about 1/2 full, but I'll clean out the car and empty pockets and report back!!

I do MyPoints, and I have quite a few but I wouldn't know what to do to cash in to use at Disney. I wish they had Disney Dollars or something. I was just going to use it for dinner to take the family out like at Bennigans or something around here :confused3

Alright I have $1.41 in my vacation savings account and $5.05 that I earned on kbg...and that's about it...well haven't counted my change jar yet cuz it's not full. I know it's laughable now but I will get there!

Giving this thread a bump. :jumping3:

Has anyone added to their savings this past week?

I opened an ING Electric Orange checking account this week. Once I get my debit card and use it 3 times, I'll get a $50 bonus deposited in my account. :)

I have been following the thread but hadn't posted since we aren't planning to travel to WDW in 2010. But, this thread did encourage me to designate all "found" money toward our next trip. I keep mulling over the idea that DH had promised each other that we would plan a getaway trip for just the 2 of us once he found a permanent job. Well, after a l-o-n-g two years, he started a temp to hire job in May - hated it but was lucky enough to find a different job that he loves in July :thumbsup2

If I can keep "finding" money, maybe there will be a trip in 2010. Though if it turns out to be an adult only trip, DS and DD may never speak to us again:eek:

Anyway, so far I have:
$100 - reimbursement from DS for items I purchased for him online
$ 96 - Extra payment for attending an evening work session
$170 - monthly budget payment for electric and oil bill lowered
_____
$366 Total

Not too bad so far!

My last count was $36.09-- DH gave me $55 today and I had another $25 added automatically from my check on Friday.. so I am now up to $116.09 :woohoo: I have quite a few things to put on CL this week.. I finally got a call on my Tink jeans the other day but she doesnt want to drive out here to get them :confused: I listed what city I am in so I dont know what the deal is with that..

Hoping to get rid of a few things in the next few weeks.. I've been making sure to do all of the mypoints emails I can.. wish me luck!

oh.. I booked a definite trip for me and DH for Jan 6-13 at POFQ.. so now I HAVE to save..

I managed to save about 30.00 out of my grocery budget last week. I am adding it to my jar which means I now have 40.00 plus some change. I also have made a list of things to go on Craig's List though I am not sure if any earnings for that will go into my jar or go towards Christmas to keep our spending down. :confused3

I should take a picture of my jar - it's pretty funny plus it would be fun for me to track as it fills up. I was going to decorate a jar and make it all cute and motivational but instead I ended up just grabbing a giant pickle jar from the garage and putting my Mickey Ears on top of it as a lid. :laughing:

I would love to see the 'Mickey Pickle Jar of Savings.':rotfl2:

My figues are just a rounded guess, but here is my update...

-vacation savings account-opened with money from change jar
$120

-Adding today from kids birthday cash, saved one dollar bills, etc
$900

-reward programs
$25 (will be a check when issued)
&
$35 (Disney gift card-will keep adding to amount)

:love: Not bad so far! Trip is not until 2010.
Still need about $5,500 for my family of five. COME ON FREE DINING!!:worship:

Over the weekend, my DH added another $100 to the account. :banana: A little later on today, I should be able to cash out for another Landry's gift card for RFC!!!:banana: Only $150 to go!!!!!!:woohoo:

$350/$500 :cheer2:

Oh I am in! We just went in Sept for two weeks. One week my husband and I alone at Caribbean Beach resort with free dining plan. Then kids joined us for Old Key West three bedroom villa. I have plans to take other family members in May for five days.

I have with the above title for savings. My goal is saving for disney vacation so that not only is lodging paid for my guest but also our travel, tickets and food.

We get paid every two weeks so this month we got three pays instead of two. Because of the way bills fall I could not put the whole pay back but did manage to put $1,000.00 back. Then we got our car paid off and I am trying to hold off getting another one until I must, so that was another $300 put in to another account. Then I switched banks that gives a reward card so I can earn rewards to save other ways during the year. I am not qualifying for the Disney Visa yet which is funny, but another story. I am working toward getting all my cards paid off and hope to convert to the Disney Rewards card. So any card I use gives rewards.
Paid off a credit card and two dental bills which reduced monthly budget by another $100.00

My checking and savings account are linked, so I can slide any savings I get immediately into savings, from my computer or from my cell phone. Like when I save on my grocery budget for the week, slide the savings over. When I save on my electric bill slide the savings over . I have everything on a budget and track my spending and stay in those guidlines.

By reducing spending in other areas it boost savings.
creative crystal missing disney

My DD has applied for the Disney College Program, and in anticipation of her being accepted, and us taking her down to WDW and having a mini-vacation, I have been putting back money in our jar.

So far:

$60.00 Earned from working friend's consignment sale
$100.00 Earned from what I sold at the sale
$75.00 Small bonus hubby got today (didn't know about that one!)
$140.00 Can't remember where it came from exactly - whenever we get any extra money (birthday, etc.) we put it in the jar.

$375.00 Total so far

If she isn't accepted, we still want to go; however, it won't be in January!

Went to the dentist for a cleaning the other day and found out they were holding an $85 credit from months ago! Asked them to refund it and I'll count it towards Disney! 1055 - 85 = 970.

Then I pulled a jacket out of my closet that I hadn't worn in a while and discovered a $20 bill in the pocket! I love it when that happens!

I've been hunting down change for the change jar. It's getting full, but I decided not to cash it in for another week or two.

$950 to go! DH gets paid tomorrow for a side job he did. He hasn't told me how much he's getting, but it will go toward the trip. We shall see...

Count me in...I haven't even really started saving for our trip next year.

We are planning on going in September...4 nights off property, 6 nights at POP and (hopefully) 5 nights at a deluxe (still deciding which one).

Definitely need to get busy saving. Trying to get Christmas done, and still put a little away. :)

I'm about 2/3 of the way to my total goal for our two-week trip May/June 2010. :banana: I just booked the hotel, so the deposit is on the credit card and will pay off as usual.
I'm loving all the unique ideas on here for raising extra cash. Wish I was more computer savvy, all these rewards programs look cool. My Disney Rewards VISA has about $180 on it, so I'm looking forward to redeeming that early next year for souveniers and snacks. :woohoo:
Next two months don't look that good for adding to my budget, thanks to shorter work weeks over the holidays and a quick trip to visit family in Destin, Fla. between Christmas and New Years, but I'm going to keep pushing and should make the goal by Feb/March of 2010. :wizard:
Good Luck Everyone! Keep the ideas coming!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter