Anyone want to keep track of how much they save towards their Disney vacation?????

My next trip is already paid for so this is just for tips and spending money. :)
  • [*]Approx. $150 in rewards pending from online programs
    [*]$50 Landry's GC (for Yak & Yeti)
    [*]$15 Subway GC (for airport meal)
    [*]$153 Disney Rewards Dollars on my Visa accounts[*]$375 from the coin jar
    [*]$100 Visa GC from Verizon for switching phone & internet
    [*]$50 on Landry's Select Card (spent $25 for the membership; got $25 back plus $25 birthday bonus
    [*]$15.29 PayPal cashback
    [*]$1.50 survey money via PayPal

This is great! So many ideas! DH and I have been collecting coins for about 8 years now, and our girls love to add what they find. We have never cashed it in, and it is a big water jug that is about 2/3 full- no idea how much that will be!

I have $150 in cash rewards from debit card, $25 in Disney rewards, $907 from USGoldBuyers, $20 from a birthday check, and I won a $150 Walmart gift card that I'm going to "buy" from myself!:rotfl2:

Our trip in November plus the airfare is paid for, so now I am saving for :goodvibes hopefully a trip in March for spring break!:rolleyes1

Thanks everyone for the ideas!

Alright. Count me in. I'm pretty much at $0 so this should be a fun count up. I have a rough plan to go next year at Christmas (well really the beginning of December, not the crazy Christmas rush). I am not sure how much money I need yet because I haven't really planned it, I just need my 2010 Disney fix. I haven't been in quite some time and I really hope I can save for it.

I think I will try to collect change and do some other reward programs. I sell on eBay already but I'm not sure yet whether to use my earnings for the trip. After Christmas I will allocated a portion of my check to the fund.

What do people use Coke Rewards for, in regards to Disney? Or Mypoints for that matter. I do both programs...

I used my coke rewards points for a $25 Southwest giftcard, but I don't think they are offered at the moment.

I would like to know about what the different programs are used for too. :confused3
Started a Coke Rewards account last night. (going to get family to give me their codes) I already have ******** and Ebates accounts. Any other good ones? popcorn::

I have a new total. Now I have $5.20 in my mypoints account. A $40 Visa GC from the rewards from my debit card. $29 in rewards on Disney Visa Rewards card. $15 plus lots of change in my coin jar. I am getting closer every day. We can’t wait.
So running total right now is $89.20!!!! WOOHOOOO!!!!! :cool1:

I would like to know about what the different programs are used for too. :confused3
Started a Coke Rewards account last night. (going to get family to give me their codes) I already have ******** and Ebates accounts. Any other good ones? popcorn::

I can't say enough about swagbucks. I used to never have luck with rewards programs but I use search engines a lot and you randomly 'win' swagbucks for searching. I 've earned enough for $10 of amazon credit in two months. (swagbucks.com)

Check the Disney Rewards Programs Forum for suggestions. The members who post over there are very helpful and will steer you away from the programs that don't pay well.

Just wanted to mention that another way to "make money" is not to spend it LOL So, so when at Disney :
* bring water bottles and refill them instead of buying soda at $3.00+ a pop (lots of $ saved there each day)
* buy Disney related stuff ON SALE before the trip (t shirts, hats, etc), bring it along and then give an item to the kids at different times during the trip so they get something new and won't want to spend as much time in the shops buying things and will focus on the rides and having fun

For the OP, do you have extra DVC points you could rent? It may be a hassle, but it could be spending money. :banana:

I want to play too - our next trip won't be until 2012, but we joke that we're going to fund it with Disney Visa Rewards & bottle return money. :thumbsup2

We're not planning to go back until at least 2011, and we're doing the same thing! Only ours is Disney Rewards and the change jar. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the thread! I save $5 bills. I was doing this prior to our last trip, and for some reason got out of the habit after we got home. Well, I'm starting again, and have my first $5 bill going in the envelope... Plus this will help with general savings and my weight, since I usually like to buy lunch.

So for today, $5.

Just added $150 for the week, our savings are up to $1000 for our November trip. We have some gift cards as well. I have $120 in Disney Rewards, bf has $200 I think in Visa gift cards, and $50 in Disney Rewards. It's too bad we have to buy our annual passes this trip or we would be close to having enough saved. I have 3 items listed on ebay, and hope to make $250 from that. Please send positive ebay thoughts my way!

The item I had hoped would sell for $200 only sold for $155. Waiting for the other two items to finish up.

I just joined Landry's Select Club. It cost me $25 but they'll give me $25 in credits plus another $25 for my upcoming birthday.:goodvibes I can use that at Yak & Yeti, RFC or T-Rex for my upcoming trip.

So I spent $25 to get $50. Not a bad return on my investment. :)

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this savings method yet, if so, sorry to repeat.
I handle the checkbook in our home.
Over the past 3-4 years I have been "saving" money in the checking account and have accumulated over $4000.

Anytime I put something in the register, I round my figures to even increments.
I only deal in $5 increments. So if I write a check for $6.34, I actually subtract $10.00.

If I deposit $143.00, I only add in $140. This way, my register shows that I have less money than I actually do.

Each month I reconcile the checkbook the usual way, but I make a notation of how much extra is in the account.

It has worked really well for me, and though I don't use this for Disney, it is a way to save money quickly.

Just thought I'd throw the idea out there. It's not for everyone, but maybe someone can boost their Disney savings with the idea!

Wow! Fun thread - count me in!

As of this past week when I made an impulsive WDW package purchase at work, :eek: DD and I (and her best friend if her mom decides in time to get the good airfare) are going to WDW for 11 nights at the beginning of June. :cloud9:

I am going to try and save as much as possible by mid April when our trip balance is due so we can charge as little as possible of the package. Our plane tickets and the 200 package deposit are already charged. :rolleyes1
I may put the whole thing on our Disney Rewards Visa for the points but I would immediately pay off as much as I can with my saved up money.

Anyway, here is my plan so far though I will be reading this thread daily for more ideas!

#1 Disney Fund jar (will make it today) will be seeded with the 10.00 I won yesterday at work for being this week's Biggest Loser. (2.5%!!) Every week I nail it, I can get 10.00 more and if I can manage to be the biggest loser overall in December, I'll win the weekly 10.00 plus all of the money people have had to pay in for gaining over the 13 weeks. Should be in the 100-150 range all together. Hopefully, we will restart this in January so I can keep being extra motivated to lose weight before our trip.

#2 We will be going back to our cash in envelope budgeting starting next week. Everything I can save out of the envelopes (300.00 per week for groceries, gas and pet food and my own personal envelope of 50.00 per month for "all things that are wants not needs") will go in my jar at the end of each week. DD will have her own 50.00 envelope and will be saving hers for spending money along with babysitting money, etc.

#3 I am going to start searching for things to sell on Craig's List.

#4 Am headed off to the Disney Rewards thread to see what I can find out about different rewards programs. I have almost 2,000 MyPoints right now that were transferred from BzzzAgent. As soon as I have enough, I'll transefer them for a gas card or something that I can use to save from my weekly budget. Not sure if we have any Disney Visa Reward points or not - I will check on that.

#5 DD and I have made a no junk food pact - she has gained weight due to medical problems but starts meds next week that should help her body start working right again. I need to lose a lot of weight so the no junk food pact will help me save on my weekly budget and help me keep winning the Biggest Loser. LOL!

So....only 10.00 in my fund right now but hopefully, it will build up fast!

Keri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter