Anyone want to keep track of how much they save towards their Disney vacation?????

I will join in as I need to save a lot for our June trip. So far I have saved $1,154. I need about $8,000. (I am paying for me and the 3 kids, my parents, little brother, sister, and her boyfriend). DH is staying home to watch the dog (he doesn't like WDW).

I have $150 each check going into savings, any money leftover at end of month from paychecks goes directly into savings (I budget everything and if a bill is lower or we spend less on gas/groceries this is the leftover money), any rebate checks, change jar,or if we sell something it all goes into savings.

I get paid an extra check in Dec. which will go into savings, and if we get any tax return we wil use that.

I do have $22 I have earned on ******, and I am working my way towards a $25 Lawndry's GC on MyPts.

I have a long ways to go and need to keep on it.

I am so glad this thread was started. :worship:Truth be told, I had been thinking about starting a monthly savings thread here, sort of like the monthly "no buy" thread that we see, but I thought maybe I would not get any takers. I did participate in the September no buy thread, but it really isn't meeting my situation. I am wondering if we can expand this to a generic savings thread, instead of just a saving for disney thread? It would be great to have support in our savings goals, whether it be to save for a WDW vacation or some other trip, to build an emergency savings fund, to pay for college, or whatever. I personally am on a strict budget to save money for a trip to Hawaii next summer, for a large down payment on a vehicle, and to do some landscaping work, so I have this sum I am shooting to save each month to help meet those goals. That amount, along with every penny of my DH's OT is going to my savings fund.

I am so glad this thread was started. :worship:Truth be told, I had been thinking about starting a monthly savings thread here, sort of like the monthly "no buy" thread that we see, but I thought maybe I would not get any takers. I did participate in the September no buy thread, but it really isn't meeting my situation. I am wondering if we can expand this to a generic savings thread, instead of just a saving for disney thread? It would be great to have support in our savings goals, whether it be to save for a WDW vacation or some other trip, to build an emergency savings fund, to pay for college, or whatever. I personally am on a strict budget to save money for a trip to Hawaii next summer, for a large down payment on a vehicle, and to do some landscaping work, so I have this sum I am shooting to save each month to help meet those goals. That amount, along with every penny of my DH's OT is going to my savings fund.

Any trip counts :woohoo: it is always fun to see how creative we all are in saving...

ok I am now up 68.12 in ebay sales.....:woohoo:

The neighborhood yard sale is in two weeks so we are getting ready for that too. I also found a $50 dollar disney gift card...

Running total is $373.62

This is so cool...I get to make money and de-clutter my house :yay:

:wave2: Subscribing!!!

I am not sure that I wil end up postinga nything - but its motivating to say the least!! DH and I were arguing about being able to afford WDW next year. I have a plan to save, save, save on thngs and then show him that it will be not real huge hit to our piggy bank to go... Here is to wishful thinking:wizard: for all of us!!!!.

Can I join too? Im not going to Disney but im going to dc (and we will be hunting for mickey heads there too). So far I have $30 saved from cutting out soda at work

I used all mypoints.com rewards and my suntrust rewards for hotel, gas cards, and resturant.

My goal is my for WDW and US trip with rewards points.

Yea me!!!
I made 1.80 today cashing in cans. I also counted money in my bank today...
$28.96!!! Not bad, Plus I have yet to take out my money that I use for lunch (which I pack my own so I save it).
I will make 2.40 when I cash in my MI 10cent bottles.

Grand total including bottles: 63.16

OH hot dog, theres a bag of cans on my porch!

This thread has inspired me to be more dilligent about saving money. The kids love to put money into the "vacation jar". Every time they find money somewhere, they want to put it in.
We cashed in our jar at the end of June and went to California and DL. So we had to start over from scratch!
I am trying to pay for all of our vacation with "found" money. (Change jar, bringing lunch to work and saving the lunch cost, mileage reimbursements, stipends, and some periodic contract work that I do a few times a year.) Last year, we were able to pay for nearly all of our trip that way. (I didn't start trying to save for that until January though.) I think that if I make a conscious effort, I can do it all!

Here is my sneaky reason why: If I can save enough "found money" to pay for one trip, that means we can actually use our other funds to pay for an additional trip, right???:rotfl:

We will see how that works out for me! I am not actually sure that we would be going to Disney this year. We might go somewhere else...

Im in!! I definitely need an inspiration to keep up my work with this..

Currently Im planning a trip in February for me, DH and DD11 to Universal for a Wednesday- Sunday trip.. while we are there we will go to the Titanic exhibit in Orlando that DD has been wanting to go see (apparently its only in Florida, California and Las Vegas).. We were going to take a trip like this earlier this year but DD had back surgery so we had to put it off.. We have been to Disney so many times and never to Universal so I think she will be thrilled with this one--

I dont have much but will really start contributing to this.. so far---

$25 I just put back on Friday
$6.75 from the change jar..

total so far is $31.75-- I know not much, but I am planning on getting busy on CL and I do have $200 budgeted this month to add to it.. so we'll see..

Good luck everyone..

Sold another $170 on CL for this week. So, now I need another $130, plus airfare. :cool1:

I have been opening bank accouns left and right for bonuses. I found all the info on http://bankbonuses.info/ My employer makes it super easy to change my direct deposit, so I just move it around as needed. So far I have:

TCF - $125 (me, dh, & $25 for me referring DH;) )
Flagstar - $100
Chase - $100

I hope to add another $500 by doing this by our trip in January!

So far this week, I am only at $20 for CL. I have $50 in Discover Rewards, and $27 in Chase Rewards. The kids are getting $500 in Disney Dollars for their birthdays next weekend. I have $105 in Disney Dollars myself. I made $50 last week selling favors for a kid's bday party.

So, that is $1077 I have saved. I need abt $300 more for the hotel/tickets. Airfare is another $500ish. So, going to be selling my little heart out on CL. My ultimate goal is to not touch any of our regular budget for our trip. Spending money will be the $500 I hope to make opening more bank accounts, plus Christmas money.

Count me in too.

I have $2.98 in mypoints.com account :)
I have started the coin jar and I know I have $15 in cash in there and alot of change.
I plan on learning some good saving tips from other posts and trying to save about $3000.00 for our trip in 2011.

Thanks for enouragement!!!!!

Well I'm along for the ride to hopefully come up with $2000.00 for next years trip to Disney. This November - December trip is basically paid for. I need $250.00 more and that will just come out of my account.

That would be so cool to come up with $2000.00 without using our money that we make from our jobs. Basically free money from things that we don't miss. Oh the hubby would be so proud of me. :rotfl::thumbsup2

Well, I figure I'd participate in this thread, except my change jar and other methods of saving is for a new house! Same concept, though, right?! :rotfl2:

yay :yay:

I am up 57.31 in ebay sales.
I figured out if I make $25 per day until I go I will be above my goal. Now I have to look what I have left and space accordingly....

Total $430.93

:cool1:

My Step-Mom gave me $50 because I took her to the doctor, and bought her lunch. I tried to refuse it, but she would not take no for an answer. So, I am adding that to the fund. I should have $10 more in CL sales by the end of the day. (if people show up)

$61 in Visa Reward Dollars,
$25 Southwest GC-my coke rewards
and $10 in Swagbucks giftcards in just a month!

Little bits add up!

I want to play too - our next trip won't be until 2012, but we joke that we're going to fund it with Disney Visa Rewards & bottle return money. :thumbsup2

So far we have:
$243 in Disney Visa Rewards
~$85 in change jar/bottle returns (my estimate based on how full the jar is)

It's a start!

Found a few dollars in my purse today.. :banana:

total found today is $4.34

adding that with $31.75 I already have and my new total is $ 36.09 :woohoo:

I also saw some change in my car console today but was too lazy to go back out and get it.. so I'll grab it on my way in tomorrow and repost then.. :rotfl:

I did find out today that I have guaranteed overtime thru the end of October :worship:.. so I'll definitely doing som extra time.. 1/2 of it will go towards current outstanding debt and the other half Im planning on putting towards trip..

After some discussion today it looks like I will be looking for me, DH, DD11, DS16 and DD18 to head to Orlando over Spring Break.. perhaps most of it at Universal and hopefully will get to sneak in one day, maybe 2 at WDW.. :cloud9: so I have to find a way to make this work.. I will be working overtime most nights this week so I wont get a chance, but this weekend I will start going thru boxes I have around the house and garage that I was putting up for a garage sale and will see what I can put on Craigs List.. what doesnt sell will be put back for garage sale in the early spring right before the trip.. I need to get as much extra money as I can without taking out of our normal monthly budget..

brought the change in the house today that was in the car.. a whopping .72 :laughing:

my new total is $36.81 :woohoo:

I got 2 things listed on craigslist tonight.. so fingers are crossed..

I have many more items to list on there, but Im quite busy the rest of the week with work and other things here around the house.. so I will get more items listed on Saturday and hoping to go thru more things and list those by Sunday..

Good luck everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter