Anyone want to keep track of how much they save towards their Disney vacation?????

AB6876

Mouseketeer
Hello!!!!
My Husband, Son and I are headed to Disney World for Thanksgiving this year (One week at BLT woo hoo). We are DVC members so the hotel and tickets (three trips on one set of AP’s) are paid for. We are trying to see if we can find enough things around the house, and other ways to make extra money so that we do not have to use any of our "income" to pay for this trip.
My goal is to make $1,300 dollars for the Dining plan, tips, and other incidentals.
Thought it would be fun to keep track of it this way and to have people share their ideas and experiences etc.
We have sold a few items and I am trying to pull in some extra money making sports memory certificates.
Other than that, we have a yard sale scheduled, we have items on Ebay and are hoping to pull in some extra odd jobs…
So far we have sold and made $171.00 in just a week I hope to keep this updated on our progress…

Anyone in???

Well our next trip is a LONG way off unless I win one... All our extra cash is going towards being "debt free minus mortgage" (which to me is an oxymoron but I digress.)

But I am always interested in how others are saving so I'll join in. Right now we just have a $25 giftcard for SW from mycokerewards, and around $50 in Visa rewards.

Well our next trip is a LONG way off unless I win one... All our extra cash is going towards being "debt free minus mortgage" (which to me is an oxymoron but I digress.)

But I am always interested in how others are saving so I'll join in. Right now we just have a $25 giftcard for SW from mycokerewards, and around $50 in Visa rewards.

Hey any little bit counts right!!! :yay:

Another good day :yay: I am up $57.01 in ebay sales, and another $20 from a friend that owed us money (ok so I am going to add that to the Disney pot hahahaha)

Total for Disney $248.01 :banana:

I'll kick in our savings plan. We save all of our change and sometimes other money. Last year in just change we saved almost $200! Then I pay all of our bills with my Disney Visa. We had $537 on there. Then I get dividend checks from some stock I own, I always look at that as bonus money. I only saved one of those last year...but that was $300.

So...so far this year for our trip in June 2010...I have saved up...

$104 Disney Visa
$20 in change (seems someone has been robbing the change jar!)
$300 dividend check (I will get 3 more before the trip...so total there is $1200!!!!)

Last year we were able to pay for all of our meals with our Disney Visa points. This year for Christmas we asked our family to not give us (my husband and myself) gifts...we have enough stuff. My mom said she still had to get us at least a gift card to somewhere and asked me what I wanted...hmmm....that was easy....DISNEY!!!!

Oh, I like this! :cool1:

I have my change jar going. Note to self- round up all change lying around the house. How does that happen? LOL!

I have my kids clothing on craigslist. It is great stuff, but no one is buying. Except for the guy who offered me $10 for my daughters clothing. (a lot of 75 items...including 18 dresses rarely worn.) Anyone in the Dallas area need 18 to 24 month clothes? :rotfl2:

Sorry, got off track there. :rotfl: A lady is stopping by this morning to buy a set of Hulk Hands off craigslist.
I just wish all my listed items would sell. I have them cheap.

Another thing is birthdays, and Christmas. I told family to give the little ones money. (they are too young to notice) I put this away for spending money at Disney. Then I don't have to say no. They can go wild....without us going into debt! :scared1:

I'll kick in our savings plan. We save all of our change and sometimes other money. Last year in just change we saved almost $200! Then I pay all of our bills with my Disney Visa. We had $537 on there. Then I get dividend checks from some stock I own, I always look at that as bonus money. I only saved one of those last year...but that was $300.

So...so far this year for our trip in June 2010...I have saved up...

$104 Disney Visa
$20 in change (seems someone has been robbing the change jar!)
$300 dividend check (I will get 3 more before the trip...so total there is $1200!!!!)

Last year we were able to pay for all of our meals with our Disney Visa points. This year for Christmas we asked our family to not give us (my husband and myself) gifts...we have enough stuff. My mom said she still had to get us at least a gift card to somewhere and asked me what I wanted...hmmm....that was easy....DISNEY!!!!

I have to raid my change jar before my husband gets his hands on it...:rotfl2: he already tried this morning for coffee...what a great idea to cash in rewards dollars too...I need to check on that, duh huh!!!! hahahahahaha

Oh, I like this! :cool1:

I have my change jar going. Note to self- round up all change lying around the house. How does that happen? LOL!

I have my kids clothing on craigslist. It is great stuff, but no one is buying. Except for the guy who offered me $10 for my daughters clothing. (a lot of 75 items...including 18 dresses rarely worn.) Anyone in the Dallas area need 18 to 24 month clothes? :rotfl2:

Sorry, got off track there. :rotfl: A lady is stopping by this morning to buy a set of Hulk Hands off craigslist.
I just wish all my listed items would sell. I have them cheap.

Another thing is birthdays, and Christmas. I told family to give the little ones money. (they are too young to notice) I put this away for spending money at Disney. Then I don't have to say no. They can go wild....without us going into debt! :scared1:

I have to try craigslist too. I love to hear about everyones ideas...it is so helpful. I may ask my family to give my son money for his bday, it is right before we go. :woohoo:

Well last night was not a very sucessful night on Ebay...I only had 2 items for sale and one did not sell..No big deal I am still up $6.50. I also just discovered gazelle.com (on here of course) and I have a TON of stuff I can send in. Hopefully I can score with that.:cool1:

Running Total 255.50

Rounded up all the loose change in the house/car/purses.
Took it all to the bank and opened a savings account. I had a little over $120 in change.
Now...if someone would just buy those clothes!

Well I just got back from my trip, so my pot is starting over.

But I did just put in for my monthly expense report for September. It's only $11.18, but that's a start!

Just reduced all my Craigslist items-ALOT!
Maybe that will get this stuff moving. Took an offer on a toy for $5. :banana: That is five more than I had this morning!
Oh, also listed two Fisher Price, crib aquariums. If they sell, that will be $10 more...LOL! :surfweb: I have officially lost my mind!

Well I just got back from my trip, so my pot is starting over.

But I did just put in for my monthly expense report for September. It's only $11.18, but that's a start!

Woo Hoo a start is better than $0 right ??? :rotfl:

Just reduced all my Craigslist items-ALOT!
Maybe that will get this stuff moving. Took an offer on a toy for $5. :banana: That is five more than I had this morning!
Oh, also listed two Fisher Price, crib aquariums. If they sell, that will be $10 more...LOL! :surfweb: I have officially lost my mind!

:lmao: We all have :lmao:

I'll jump in, too.
We're hoping to go next August. So far I have my change jar (amount unknown - it's not full enough to turn in :lmao: ) $200 in Disney gift cards for opening new charge accounts, and I've been saving money that we get from the oldest two kids for board and serving newspapers with my younger set. Total for that so far is $645. I have things that I need to pull out and sell, but haven't forced myself to do it yet. Maybe this'll help get me motivated to get off the disboards and sell. :surfweb: All total we have $845.
Only need about 7000 more! :rotfl: Oh, well, it's a start.

I have been opening bank accouns left and right for bonuses. I found all the info on http://bankbonuses.info/ My employer makes it super easy to change my direct deposit, so I just move it around as needed. So far I have:

TCF - $125 (me, dh, & $25 for me referring DH;) )
Flagstar - $100
Chase - $100

I hope to add another $500 by doing this by our trip in January!

So far this week, I am only at $20 for CL. I have $50 in Discover Rewards, and $27 in Chase Rewards. The kids are getting $500 in Disney Dollars for their birthdays next weekend. I have $105 in Disney Dollars myself. I made $50 last week selling favors for a kid's bday party.

So, that is $1077 I have saved. I need abt $300 more for the hotel/tickets. Airfare is another $500ish. So, going to be selling my little heart out on CL. My ultimate goal is to not touch any of our regular budget for our trip. Spending money will be the $500 I hope to make opening more bank accounts, plus Christmas money.

AWESOME! :banana:
I am going to check into the bank accounts. Maybe I can transer the 'change jar' money around!

We are working towards a January trip. So far I have:

US Gold buyers check for $420
Dh and I both got $20 for our bdays last week
I have the change jar started but it is pretty empty still

I have DH selling his bow and a co-worker is interested. He should let me know by Monday if he is going to buy it for $500!! Fingers crossed. Otherwise, we will try CL. We are also going to try to sell our Winnebago camper (1973!!) on CL for a few hundred bucks.

As Alaska residents we get our dividend next week, $1305 each. That will buy airfare and part of our hotel/tickets.

Keep saving everyone!
Dawn

Count me in! My DH and I have a goal to build up our emergency fund this year so all our normal savings is going towards that. And our income tax is going towards new furniture. So we've decided that the only way we're vacationing next year is if we come up with extra money. So far I've been using coupons and putting the savings from that in my vacation account. And any money that I have left from the grocery budget goes in there at the end of the month goes in there too. So far I have about $400. I've been saving for about 6 months. It's not a huge amount, but it's better than nothing. I'm hoping to get better with coupons to save even more and I'm considering selling on Craigslist to make up some more.

I look forward to seeing how well everyone else does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter