Anyone use ME to get back to the airport and then use Disney cruise bid from there?

CruznLexi

DIS Veteran
Our flight will most likely get to Orlando at 930am and will stay on points at KV. We don't want to use dcl pick up from the resort. Has anyone used ME to go back to airport and then use DCL transport to the port. Can you carry your luggage on the bus. Since we are not going on a plane.

We did this last year from akv. We took our luggage to the ME bus as usual and then checked in at the DCL counter once at the airport. You will need to get a scheduled time for the ME pick-up though.

help me out here understand what you are referring to please. I am hoping to do a cruise in May 2013 and then back to WDW after.

We would get to Orlando the day before the cruise and would be staying on points 1 night so we'd take ME to the resort. Then the next day are you saying we could take ME back to the airport and take a bus to the DCL port and it won't cost anything? Then we could take a bus from port back to the airport and then from the airport take ME back to the resort for our week stay? And this won't cost anything? Someone mentioned it is $35 a person (I assume each way as well) to take the shuttle to the port from the resort.

Thanks for your help!

help me out here understand what you are referring to please. I am hoping to do a cruise in May 2013 and then back to WDW after.

We would get to Orlando the day before the cruise and would be staying on points 1 night so we'd take ME to the resort. Then the next day are you saying we could take ME back to the airport and take a bus to the DCL port and it won't cost anything? Then we could take a bus from port back to the airport and then from the airport take ME back to the resort for our week stay? And this won't cost anything? Someone mentioned it is $35 a person (I assume each way as well) to take the shuttle to the port from the resort.

Thanks for your help!

Some people who fly in before their cruise staying at WDW prefer to take the ME back to the airport to catch the DCL bus, Reason for this is to get to Port earlier. DCL transfers do pick up at WDW resorts between 11-1 so you will get to port later. ME is included with hotel stay. DCL transfers are 35 dollars per person each way. If you wish to take DCL from airport to port and then Port to WDW just call DCL so they can note this in your reservation. Hope this helps

No one said it wouldn't cost anything!

ME is a free service that runs between MCO and various DCL resorts.

DCL transfers cost $35 per person and run between the port and MCO/DCL resorts.

Yes, you can take ME back to MCO and take DCL transfers from there. You need to book ME 3 days or more in advance and you need to lie to them and fake a flight number. You can keep your luggage with you on the bus. Remember that they will require you to be on ME 3 hours before your supposed flight.

OK--I see the logic, but it is a pain! Why not just do a one way car rental? If you pick up a car at either MCO or an outlet near WDW, you can drive from your resort to the port for a whole lot less than the cost of DCL transfers and be on your own schedule. You may choose to take ME to your resort (free, and they handle the luggage). In that case, there are many car rental places in the hotels near WDW--example, Doubletree has Budget, and is a 5 minute walk from the Marketplace bus stop in Downtown Disney. The car also gives you the ability to make a stop at a store for anything you've forgotten. You can also choose to get the car at MCO and drive to WDW--if you are at Kidani Village, you even have "inside" parking!

When you get to the terminal area, you decide whether you want everyone to return the car and take the free shuttle back to the terminal or whether you want to have the driver drop the passengers and luggage at the terminal and then return the car. Works either way! Cost for a rental car--I've paid $29-93 including all taxes and fees. The $93 was when I had to have a mini-van. I'm usually under $50 for a full size car for 24 hours. Add a bit fro tolls and gas. Discounts are available at rentalcodes.com and mousesavers.com.

We are taking ME to the airport on Friday, then going to the port on the DCL bus. A car rental for the 2 of us is far more than the bus.

No one said it wouldn't cost anything!

I was trying to figure out the reasoning behind why you would go back to the airport to take a shuttle vs take it from the resort. Seems like far more hassle to do that if you have to fake flights etc! I figured to do it that way it was free that was why OP was doing it, that's all.

Nope, the only reason to do it is to get to port earlier... Not worth it for me... I can just as easily relax in my resort in the morning as I can on the ship in the afternoon!

We are taking ME to the airport on Friday, then going to the port on the DCL bus. A car rental for the 2 of us is far more than the bus.

Have you tried the various discount codes? Normally there are only 2 of us and I can get a car typically for $35 including all taxes and fees. The only time it was more than $50 was when I needed a van for 6 of us. $50 for a car + $5 for tolls + $ ? for gas doesn't come to more than the $70 that transfers would cost. We do sometimes opt for the transfers for the sake of convenience.

Discount codes are available at rentalcodes.com and mousesavers.com. Unfortunately there is no simple way to do it--you must try each company, each code till you find a great one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter