Anyone tried the member activities at DL?

limace

DIS Veteran
i posted this to the Disneyland boards but I don’t think many DVC members there:
I’m on the phone with member services right now-I booked the morning power walk at DCA and the Soarin’ behind the scenes tour for our stay in June. This is our first stay at the Grand and our first DVC stay as members so we’ve never done any of the events. Any feedback or tips? Other events you recommend? I notice they also have a Father’s Day lunch and a Splitsville member bowling event (those both cost, of course).

We love the Power Walk through DCA and have enjoyed in many times. We've also enjoyed the Monday morning member event ... it is similar to the former (?) Wednesday afternoon gathering at the Atlantic Dance Hall at WDW.

I didn’t see anything for a Monday when I looked at the list-just a couple fitness activities, the Soarin’ tour, Splitsville. I was thrilled to be able to book with less than three weeks to go!

I enjoyed fitness in the park, it was a stretching/yoga light workout, and it was very cool to walk through DCA in the morning to the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail before anyone else was in the park. After the workout she gave us a little DVC workout towel and free Jamba Juice.

Called yesterday at 60 day mark but unfortunately it was already fully booked, that was within an hour of the call centre opening.

Wow, I called less than three weeks out this week (for a week I think will be very busy) and got a spot for four. Were you trying for Disneyland? I know this is really hard to get at WDW.

We love the Power Walk through DCA and have enjoyed in many times. We've also enjoyed the Monday morning member event ... it is similar to the former (?) Wednesday afternoon gathering at the Atlantic Dance Hall at WDW.

There is no longer a Monday morning event..I believe they ended it in 2015/2016.

Wow, I called less than three weeks out this week (for a week I think will be very busy) and got a spot for four. Were you trying for Disneyland? I know this is really hard to get at WDW.
Yes it was for DCA

Called yesterday at 60 day mark but unfortunately it was already fully booked, that was within an hour of the call centre opening.

It probably isn't loaded into the system yet.
We went Feb 2018, and when I called 60 days ahead the CM said it was sold out. He then looked for the morning walk and said that wasn't loaded yet. So I asked if the Soarin' Tour really was sold out or if it also wasn't loaded yet. Turned out Soarin' wasn't loaded yet either. So I called again in a week, and a week after that, and a week after that.... eventually I got it.
It's a great tour -- worth the time, and you can't argue with free. I'm happy to have gotten it at DCA. I hear trying for Epcot is near impossible.

The only weird thing is they were quite unclear on where to go to join the tour. Or maybe they were clear, but never having been to DCA before the instructions were not clear to us.

DL is notorious at not having tours etc loaded right at the 60 day mark-I bet that’s exactly what happened here.

Thanks for that I will try again, that is really annoying though what is the point of having the 60 day if it's not adhered to?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter