Anyone stayed at the Ritz Grande Lakes lately?

tinkerrn

Needing 'pixie dust'!!
Doing some research on a possible trip this June and found a fantastic deal at the Ritz. Curious what anyone has to stay about it. We have stayed at the one in Palm Beach and LOVED it. We were thinking of getting 2 rooms at a Value resort in WDW, but can get one room for the same price at the Ritz.

she send me a note.

with AAA - so I looked

the Gaylord is $129!!!! J W marriott is $139....

some great deals!!!

I stayed there a year or so ago. GREAT hotel.

We just stayed there one night at the end of our Disney Spring Break. It was WAAAY nicer than our Disney room which was at Yacht Club. And WAAAAY less expensive. It is about 2 miles past Sea World on the Central Fla Pkwy exit off I-4. Not exactly in the "magic", but I'd do that before doing the values at Disney any day.

We took a vacation there last summer and spent several days - never left the resort. The pool at the adjoining JW Marriott is awesome (lazy river and zero entry) and you have full privileges there, as well as the Ritz pool. Also their pools are heated to at least 85 degrees and were MUCH warmer than Stormalong at Yacht Club. Anyway, when we tried to extend our Yacht Club room one more night and they were booked, we called the Ritz. We were checked in and by the pool within 30 minutes. We just had a basic room - no great view - but the view was still beautiful. There are 5 or 6 Ritz properties that we like to go to and this is BY FAR my favorite. If it sounds like I love it - I do!! :)

P.S. The room at Yacht Club was great - some of the nicest on the Disney property. But still no comparison to a Ritz!

Wow...I am very tempted to go ahead and book it. I have a problem though...a 16 year old son. His statement was "I wouldn't stay in Buckingham Palace with the two of you in the same room". So, you see, it would be sooo nice to just book it and plan our vacation; but I am afraid we'll have to stay at 'The Roach Motel" in TWO rooms because he won't stay with us!!
UGH!!!! How frustrating!! Maybe I can bribe him...HUMMMM.

I have never been disappointed anytime I have stayed at any of the Ritz hotels. Our personal favorite is the Ritz Carlton in Chicago...we try to go every year right after Thanksgiving and they have their wonderful Christmas decorations up...it's always wonderful...OFF TOPIC SORRY :)

But the one in Orlando is fantastic too! I guess with three young boys though, being on property at Disney is more what we need right now. The boys love the atmosphere (who am I kidding...I love the atmosphere). But if I had to stay in any other hotel in the Orlando area it would either by the Ritz or the Nickolodeon Family Suites hotel (obviously for vastly different reasons:)) I don't know if this helped much or at all. But our last visit to the Ritz in Orlando was about 18 months ago and it was wonderful. Good luck!

Cypress Pointe is often mention here - lots of people are quite happy with it.

it has 2 and 3 bedroom condo....

www.hotelkingdom.com

hope it works for you.

oh there has only been one bad review of this place in over a year.

Good Luck....

kids, especially teens, can be a big pain.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter