Anyone stay at Sea Pines Plantation in HHI?

emmababy

DIS Veteran
We were trading into HHI, and this is the resort that showed up. Anyone stay there?

Yes, I have stayed there a lot and my Grandparents used to live there.

It's very big so if you know where you are staying that might help. However, I really enjoy it. There are TONS of bike paths, the beach is very nice and the Beach Club is nice too.

we don't know exactly where we are. It is in a 2 bedroom. I was just curious as to the sleeping arrangement. All they could tell us was that it is a 2br with a loft and it could sleep 8.

What are some fun things to do around there? If we want to golf, do we call the courses individually or is there someone at the resort to help us with that? What about the cruises?

They didn't tell you the name of the "complex"?

As for golf, I don't have a clue. I don't play.

If your kids are young don't miss the Greg Russell concerts at Harbour Town. Kids love it.

There are evening sunset cruises and day cruises to Savannah from the various harbours around the island.

We have a vacation home in Sea Pines (which we bought after staying at the Disney resort and falling in love with the Island - it's Disney's fault!;) ). You can schedule tee times at any of the three courses at one central number or make a request at the website www.seapines.com. You will want to go to the Harbour Town area where there are shops, a nice playgrouond, and dining. This is a prime area to schedule various cruises. You may also want to go to the South Beach area. Depending on when you go, there may be evening entertainment outside. There are shops, a playground, dining and a marina here as well. This is where you can buy Salty Dog merchandise which you will see everyone wearing. There is also a stable for horse back rides in Sea Pines. Have a good time.

There's also a free trolley you can ride around on. One loop does Harbour Town, Plantation Center and the Beach Club. A different loop goes to South Beach and back from the main parking area.

Crabbing off the pier in Harbour Town is fun.

Not sure what kind of cruises you are interested in, but Greg Russell does the Bubblegum Cruise on Thurs. and Fri. during the summer and it's geared to kids. The Stars and Stripes sailboat cruise is really nice. There's also some dinner cruise and sunset cruise options on the two large boats, one being the Vagabond and the other I can't remember the name.

Tons of other places to golf in Hilton Head besides Sea Pines, you'll want to check out all your options there.

SP has world class tennis facilities too.

We have a vacation home in Sea Pines (which we bought after staying at the Disney resort and falling in love with the Island - it's Disney's fault!;) ). You can schedule tee times at any of the three courses at one central number or make a request at the website www.seapines.com. You will want to go to the Harbour Town area where there are shops, a nice playgrouond, and dining. This is a prime area to schedule various cruises. You may also want to go to the South Beach area. Depending on when you go, there may be evening entertainment outside. There are shops, a playground, dining and a marina here as well. This is where you can buy Salty Dog merchandise which you will see everyone wearing. There is also a stable for horse back rides in Sea Pines. Have a good time.

Do we need to make reservations in advance for the dolphin cruises or can you do it when we get there? Is there a company's website to visit that you recommend? Do the restaurants there take reservations or is it first come first serve? Hate to have to wait too long with kids!

There's also a free trolley you can ride around on. One loop does Harbour Town, Plantation Center and the Beach Club. A different loop goes to South Beach and back from the main parking area.

Crabbing off the pier in Harbour Town is fun.

Not sure what kind of cruises you are interested in, but Greg Russell does the Bubblegum Cruise on Thurs. and Fri. during the summer and it's geared to kids. The Stars and Stripes sailboat cruise is really nice. There's also some dinner cruise and sunset cruise options on the two large boats, one being the Vagabond and the other I can't remember the name.

Tons of other places to golf in Hilton Head besides Sea Pines, you'll want to check out all your options there.

SP has world class tennis facilities too.

I really want to do a dolphin cruise, the cruises you are talking about sound like fun, where do I find more info on that?

You can make reservations when you get there for the cruises. Each Saturday brings a big influx of tourists for the week so nothing books up sooner than that. Also, forgot to mention they also have para-sailing at HT and kayaking at Southbeach.

Dinner: pick up the big restaurant guide magazine (available everywhere). In it is a list of restuarants that have early bird specials, usually between 5-6 pm. The BEST thing you can do during the summer is eat early. No wait, better prices, and you still have the evening free to go do things before it gets dark. Much better than waiting 2 hours at Crazy Crab at 7 pm (I always feel sorry for those people).

When you arrive, wander down to Harbour Town and take a walk on the pier. There you can see all the different boats and see all the options (big, small, sail, fishing, dinner, etc). The independant boats have signs on them with their schedules and there is also a booth at the beginning of the pier with information on most of the rest. You can also make reservations here.

On all the boat rides you will see dolphins. If you want a fun kid experience do the Bubblegum Cruise. If you want a more up close and personal experience do the Stars and Stripes. You just need to check it all out and see what fits best for you and your family. They are all fun.

We were trading into HHI, and this is the resort that showed up. Anyone stay there?
Per my post on the other thread, there are several complexes involved. Your confirmation should tell you which complex you are in. TUG is a good place to post additional info. I think I've got the contact for the two ladies that were the managers of this complex, don't know if they still are or not. Prior to that they were on the HOA Board one for Spicebush and one for Swallowtail.

Per my post on the other thread, there are several complexes involved. Your confirmation should tell you which complex you are in. TUG is a good place to post additional info. I think I've got the contact for the two ladies that were the managers of this complex, don't know if they still are or not. Prior to that they were on the HOA Board one for Spicebush and one for Swallowtail.

My sister asked them the complex name and/or the sleeping layout and they said they didn't know??

My sister asked them the complex name and/or the sleeping layout and they said they didn't know??
It may still be on the confirmation. You can also call the complex itself and ask them.

Do we need to make reservations in advance for the dolphin cruises or can you do it when we get there? Is there a company's website to visit that you recommend? Do the restaurants there take reservations or is it first come first serve? Hate to have to wait too long with kids!

We're currently at Sea Pines. If you'd like, I'll pick up brochures and a Restaurant guide for you.

That would be fantastic!! How do you like it? How are the villas?

I have to chuckle, as I don't think you realize that Sea Pines isn't a resort place with rooms, but a large gated community at the end of the island with hundreds of houses, villa communities, a couple of hotels. 2 marinas and 4 golf courses. Or, there is no there, there when you ask about the villas at Sea Pines Plantation. Hopefully you'll find out where you are staying (one of the RCI exchanges located in Sea Pines???) and get more details. :)

I have to chuckle, as I don't think you realize that Sea Pines isn't a resort place with rooms, but a large gated community at the end of the island with hundreds of houses, villa communities, a couple of hotels. 2 marinas and 4 golf courses. Or, there is no there, there when you ask about the villas at Sea Pines Plantation. Hopefully you'll find out where you are staying (one of the RCI exchanges located in Sea Pines???) and get more details. :)

I realize thet Sea Pines is huge, I have done my research. Dean said the accomodations are like a 30 year old Holiday Inn. When pp said they are currently there, I was curious to how their accomodations are.

We are at Night Heron. We found out that they are going to be remodeled before we get there next year. Who do we call to set up tee times?

I realize thet Sea Pines is huge, I have done my research. Dean said the accomodations are like a 30 year old Holiday Inn. When pp said they are currently there, I was curious to how their accomodations are.

We are at Night Heron. We found out that they are going to be remodeled before we get there next year. Who do we call to set up tee times?
The number for Night Heron is 843-842-3070. I doubt they'll do the tee times but they may have discount arrangements so I'd call them first. Don't take my reference too literally. I was trying to let you know they are older units in older condo/townhouse sections that are designed for long term guests, not really vacations. How nice or not nice will vary from one unit to another.

A great way to get tee times is thru Last Minute Tee Times (lmteetimes.com). You call at 7:00 PM for tee times the following day. The prices are good and include cart. A list of the participating courses and fees are on their webpage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter