Anyone stay at Gran Destino yet? We just booked our next WDW vacation staying in the new tower!

soxrob

Earning My Ears
Besides what i have seen from vloggers on YouTube...anyone stay in the new Gran Destino tower? First impressions? After seeing the tour on TheDis we decided to book at GD over staying at Pop (we decided to forgo the sky liner to stay at the new tower)

Last edited:
We are staying next May! Switched from Yacht Club to Destino - the price difference was too amazing to pass up this trip. :) The hotel looks so gorgeous and I like that there is a lot to do around the resort in the way of restaurants, lounges and a great pool (the dig-site).

Has anybody had Club Access? We are considering going next year - we usually stay Deluxe and would not normally bother with Club level but the price at the Gran Destino is on par with GF or CR so we're thinking about it. We saw a couple of videos and the hotel looks beautiful and I'm really interested in the lounges and restaurants. I liked the view from the Chronos Club so I might be prepared to spend the extra if I end up paying the same amount as I would for our usual Deluxe resorts.

Staying for 3 nights in a Water View Tower this October! Looking at photos and reviews, I'm very excited!

Has anybody had Club Access? We are considering going next year - we usually stay Deluxe and would not normally bother with Club level but the price at the Gran Destino is on par with GF or CR so we're thinking about it. We saw a couple of videos and the hotel looks beautiful and I'm really interested in the lounges and restaurants. I liked the view from the Chronos Club so I might be prepared to spend the extra if I end up paying the same amount as I would for our usual Deluxe resorts.
There is currently a post on the Club Level info & questions forum regarding the lounge.
I just booked a standard 2QB club room last night for this October. The rack rate is actually less than the 40% off AP rate I had for GF Sugarloaf this past June.
Right now I'm trying to find out if all the standard rooms are located on the same floor as the lounge and which view to request. Any info or recommendation is greatly appreciated.

There is currently a post on the Club Level info & questions forum regarding the lounge.
I just booked a standard 2QB club room last night for this October. The rack rate is actually less than the 40% off AP rate I had for GF Sugarloaf this past June.
Right now I'm trying to find out if all the standard rooms are located on the same floor as the lounge and which view to request. Any info or recommendation is greatly appreciated.

I’ve seen in several places that they aren’t necessarily on the same floor. No firsthand experience, however.

We stayed in a standard view July 10-13 and absolutely loved it. It is the least "Disneyfied" hotel I've stayed at on property, but not in a bad way! We liked it so much that we changed our November reservation from Port Orleans French Quarter to another tower stay!

We stayed in a standard view July 10-13 and absolutely loved it. It is the least "Disneyfied" hotel I've stayed at on property, but not in a bad way! We liked it so much that we changed our November reservation from Port Orleans French Quarter to another tower stay!

I'm a touch nervous to stay there because I think we will feel "out of the loop", sounds like you still felt Disney, just not in an obvious way? I think the decor looks great!

This whole location is just new for us, so I think that's my hesitation. The Tower looks stunning though, excited to stay there!

I'm a touch nervous to stay there because I think we will feel "out of the loop", sounds like you still felt Disney, just not in an obvious way? I think the decor looks great!

This whole location is just new for us, so I think that's my hesitation. The Tower looks stunning though, excited to stay there!
I did still feel Disney, but yeah in a much less obvious way. From the rooftop lounge deck, you can see Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom!

Heads up! If you have a Disney Visa there's a discount for water view in the tower 7/15-9/28. $199/night room only. There's also a 2-night minimum package available and discounts for a few other resorts. I didn't ask about those. You do have to call Disney to apply it. There isn't a link on Visa or WDW's websites. I saved about $60 over the Summer 25% discount. That might cover my gin cocktails for an evening! :laughing:
Other resorts are
AKL
SSR
POR
Sports
AOA

Last edited:
My DH and I will be staying at Gran Destino in Nov. I just read a review that they notice a variety of resort scents throughout the tower and if you are sensitive to fragrances it will cause sniffling and sneezing cause they are very strong. I'm an asthmatic and need to know from you guys that have been there did you notice this and were there and scents in the rooms? So hope you can help me if this is true I need to change where we stay.

I haven't read any complaints about strong scents. Try reading Facebook for reviews?

But man, I gagged on the one at Polynesian, I did not like it and had to smell it for 9 days! :crazy2:

My DH and I will be staying at Gran Destino in Nov. I just read a review that they notice a variety of resort scents throughout the tower and if you are sensitive to fragrances it will cause sniffling and sneezing cause they are very strong. I'm an asthmatic and need to know from you guys that have been there did you notice this and were there and scents in the rooms? So hope you can help me if this is true I need to change where we stay.
There is a smell in the lobby which we could also smell in the elevators at times. I did not notice anything up in our room though. It is no stronger than the signature resort scents at The Grand Floridian and Polynesian though, for example.

I have reservations to stay at Gran Destino in November.

Now if only i can apply this AP discount...

My DH and I booked it for next October for our 20th anniversary. It looks very deluxe-like. I went for the club level. The price, even non discounted, seems reasonable by Disney standards.

With the discount that was just released, I was able to upgrade from a standard view regular room to a room at the tower for only $25 extra per night! This is our first time trying a moderate. The last two stays were at AKL so I am so excited to stay in the tower!

This is my slight concern, as well. It looks gorgeous and anywhere else, but Disney, I would have 0 doubts. We have a reservation for Thanksgiving week, switched from the Poly- I'm just hoping it still feels like Disney to my 12 year old :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter