Anyone stay at a Marriott Palms recently?

rmclain73

Mouseketeer
I’m wondering if anyone has stayed at any of the Marriott Palms vacation club villas within the last couple of months?

On another message board there was a discussion whether or not the Palms villas were allowed to use the free shuttle from the Marriott world center to and from the Disney parks. While it’s posted on the website that palms guest cannot, some have said they’ve been able to use the shuttle. I also have put a couple of calls in and gotten conflicting answers from the resort staff.

On another topic, but similar, has anyone staying at the Palms villas gotten access to the new River Falls water park at the Marriott world hotel? There is a day pass you can buy if there is availability, but I was just curious at how hard they are enforcing this policy. How do they separate the vacation club guest from the standard hotel guest at the waterpark?

While it’s posted on the website that palms guest cannot, some have said they’ve been able to use the shuttle. I also have put a couple of calls in and gotten conflicting answers from the resort staff.
I think that's your answer: definitely maybe. So, if you can and the times work for you, great! If not, just call a cab/rideshare. But you aren't going to know for sure until you try it.

[Yes, I was in that other discussion as well.]

I have stayed 3 times in last six months, last October. Imperial and Sabal.

We drive. I did see that the shuttle was included in the "hotel resort fee" and since the Palms have no fees that seems to indicate that MVC can not use the shuttles.

I was told twice by staff onsite we did not have access to water park, and that was after I messaged World staff and was told no access. So ...

I have stayed 3 times in last six months, last October. Imperial and Sabal.
I guess that answers my next question then and you must like staying there. What, if any would you say you do not like about staying there? We would stay at Imperial due to the 3 BR they offer.

I guess that answers my next question then and you must like staying there. What, if any would you say you do not like about staying there? We would stay at Imperial due to the 3 BR they offer.
I love it there. While I used to say if I could I'd stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek every trip, this is my new favorite. One main reason is I am literally parking at my front door.

We stayed in the 3 bedroom Imperial Palms July 2021 with 6 adults. DH & I had master, DD & her husband had the Queen bedroom with sofa and two DS had the third bedroom with twins. The unit is huge, livable huge and we never felt crowded at all. Kitchen was great with massive breakfast bar. Mornings each person stood around it and made their own sandwiches to toss in their backpack. The pool is small like a home pool BUT just across the driveway is the Royal main clubhouse and pool which is much bigger. All the activities are there and the clubhouse is nice too. It was decorated very nice and we were very happy.

Last summer 2022 it was just me and two sons, so we were happy with any of the Palms. We were booking for a June and July trip. We booked Sabal for June and would have done same but Imperial was discounted so we booked that and we each had our own room. In October I was back at Sabal. With just 2 or 3 of us that has become my first choice. The whole village is just very cool in design and layout.

We have not stayed at Royal. There are more buildings there and I prefer the smaller footprint to go to pool. Also I think the second bedroom has just one bed. I prefer getting the extra bed in case at the time of travel I have anyone extra come.

They do huge fireworks on some holidays, we have been there for July 4 and Memorial Day. Memorial Day we sat on our porch and watched them.

There really isn't anything I do not like - but we are not in need of on-property dining (although there is plenty at the hotel), we drive everywhere so I don't need any transportation, you'll have to drive a bit to a grocery if you need to go. I just would not stay there without a car but that goes for most offsite for me. It is very easy to get in and out of complex, and the drive on to Disney property is minutes. I really didn't dislike anything about our stay. We are very park centric so we didn't take advantage of activities, but we did swim.

From multiple reports I have seen, the River Falls waterpark is not very busy. I suspect you wouldn't have a problem buying a day pass. I beleive you can also book it online prior to travel.

I love it there. While I used to say if I could I'd stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek every trip, this is my new favorite. One main reason is I am literally parking at my front door.

We stayed in the 3 bedroom Imperial Palms July 2021 with 6 adults. DH & I had master, DD & her husband had the Queen bedroom with sofa and two DS had the third bedroom with twins. The unit is huge, livable huge and we never felt crowded at all. Kitchen was great with massive breakfast bar. Mornings each person stood around it and made their own sandwiches to toss in their backpack. The pool is small like a home pool BUT just across the driveway is the Royal main clubhouse and pool which is much bigger. All the activities are there and the clubhouse is nice too. It was decorated very nice and we were very happy.

Last summer 2022 it was just me and two sons, so we were happy with any of the Palms. We were booking for a June and July trip. We booked Sabal for June and would have done same but Imperial was discounted so we booked that and we each had our own room. In October I was back at Sabal. With just 2 or 3 of us that has become my first choice. The whole village is just very cool in design and layout.

We have not stayed at Royal. There are more buildings there and I prefer the smaller footprint to go to pool. Also I think the second bedroom has just one bed. I prefer getting the extra bed in case at the time of travel I have anyone extra come.

They do huge fireworks on some holidays, we have been there for July 4 and Memorial Day. Memorial Day we sat on our porch and watched them.

There really isn't anything I do not like - but we are not in need of on-property dining (although there is plenty at the hotel), we drive everywhere so I don't need any transportation, you'll have to drive a bit to a grocery if you need to go. I just would not stay there without a car but that goes for most offsite for me. It is very easy to get in and out of complex, and the drive on to Disney property is minutes. I really didn't dislike anything about our stay. We are very park centric so we didn't take advantage of activities, but we did swim.
Thanks!

We would be traveling with 3 kids between the ages of 7-10. We would definitely use the World center pool. From other reviews I have read there appears to be a on- demand shuttle (golf cart) to take you to and from the hotel.

From multiple reports I have seen, the River Falls waterpark is not very busy. I suspect you wouldn't have a problem buying a day pass. I beleive you can also book it online prior to travel.
Yeah the first of the month they open up day passes for sale. Looks like the blackout weekends.

Thanks!

We would be traveling with 3 kids between the ages of 7-10. We would definitely use the World center pool. From other reviews I have read there appears to be a on- demand shuttle (golf cart) to take you to and from the hotel.
Yes I heard there was a shuttle. We had planned on using the hotel pool on our July '21 trip. I was going to book a cabana and we were going to make at least a day of it. Of course after we booked is when they took most of it down and was under major construction. There are 3 big slides at the main pool, it really is a nicely designed area.

Last edited:
Yes I heard there was a shuttle. We had planned on using the hotel pool on our July '21 trip. I was going to book a cabana and we were going to make at least a day of it. Of course after we booked is when they took most of it down and was under major construction. There are 3 big slides at the main pool, it really is a nicely designed area.
I called both the imperial palms and the World Center hotel, and both said guests of the Palms can book cabanas at the new water park. I think I would do that for sure.

I called both the imperial palms and the World Center hotel, and both said guests of the Palms can book cabanas at the new water park. I think I would do that for sure.
That is great! They have changed their "rules" on the waterpark a few times since it opened, my guess is in the end they decided to not turn away paying customers. And perhaps MVC worked to get it open to their guests, as it should be if they are on the same property.

We were looking at cabanas at the main pool, the waterpark in '21 was still bulldozed dirt. The waterpark is not by the main pool. It is a real plus for those at Sabal Palms since they can walk right to the waterpark next door.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!