Anyone start looking for Sept/Oct. Car Rentals?

tevisco4

Mouseketeer
They are so unbelievable in price right now. Does anyone know when the right time to start looking is? We are flying into MCO 9/29 and an Intermediate Crossover with a car seat rental is $487 (I booked it because this is the cheapest I have seen it). If it goes down, I will definately cancel my current rental.

I know I have six months or so but would like something less than $500 for the week. When do you start looking for cars? :confused3

I dont start looking until 2 weeks before we leave. Thats when rental company release the latest last minute rental rates.

I was able to get $185 (includes tax)for a midsize car at Payless Car. Now I would much rather a company on site but the savings (at this time) is too much to pass up. We have used them before and have not had a problem. I do check almost daily to see what else is available but have not seen anything even close. I just looked real quick at Payless Car for 9/29-10/6 (not sure if that's your exact dates) but they have minivan's for $361 and full size cars for $227 both include taxes.

Good luck

2 months ago I was able to get a reservation for 9 days in October for a minivan. Found Sixt for $360 then got National for $367. Those rates have only gone higher since then!! At least I have a reservation that I can live with if necessary! National is over $800 now!!

Expedia.ca has had full size car rentals for 9 days for about $200. It is a locked reservation and is non-cancellable (must be paid in full). Too far out for that in my opinion!!

Best rates usually released within 2-8 weeks before, but I will keep looking.

It is a bit early to start looking, but it never hurts to see what is out there. Usually best rates come up as another poster said 2-8 weeks before the trip. I have changed our reservations at 7-10 out when last minute specials have been released. We are going for a long weekend in October and have looked just to see and haven't booked anything yet. I will wait until the trip is closer.

Enjoy your trip! :goodvibes

Same as previous posters. I've looked but haven't really done much other than gripe about how high the prices are right now. I'll really start looking 8-10 weeks out from our travel dates and probably won't stop until the day before we leave. We only need a rental for 3 days for our Universal/IOA stay before Disney and those short rentals tend to be expensive. Last time we ended up with a rental for 3 more days for only $15 more. We only used it once while onsite but for $15 we couldn't pass up the "what-if" we might wanna go to McD's. :)

I booked our car with National a few weeks ago for October. Total including all fees is $237 for an intermediate on the Emerald Aisle for 8 days. I used the KLM code along with a coupon from the Entertainment book ($20 off.) My strategy is always to book early and then keep checking for better deals. For instance, my upcoming Vegas trip started out at $180 and I now have it down to $116.

Have you thought about buying a new car seat or taking yours with you? Extras like that tend to add a bunch on to reservations.

we go to WDW every year either in Sept/Oct. I have never paid over $150 for an 8 day trip using coupons, usually with Alamo. Sept/ Oct (except the holiday) are considered low season so the prices will come way down about 8 weeks out.. I will be checking everyday and rebooking up until the day we leave till I'm happy with the price. This is the first time booking a minivan (6 peeps) so I'm a little more nervous :confused: I went head and booked a minivan w/ Budget for 8 days total price $359.27 using BCD: X474200, coupon MUWZ023 just in case.

Try Budget using BCD: X474200, Coupon Code : MUWZ023

Mini Van was $302 total for a week arriving on the 29th..

Expedia.ca has had full size car rentals for 9 days for about $200. It is a locked reservation and is non-cancellable (must be paid in full). Too far out for that in my opinion!!

Expedia.ca rates are not always non-cancellable.

I had an Expedia "special rate" vehicle booked for our January trip, and was able to cancel in full with no penalty 10 days out when Alamo's rates dropped way down. Had my full payment refunded to my credit card within 48 hours. Did it all online and it was very, very easy.

When the Expedia.ca rates dropped (about 2 months out from our travel date) from the original price, I was also able to cancel and rebook at the cheaper rate, meaning I kept the difference :thumbsup2 .

My dh always finds us amazing coupons for alamo..like 20$ daily for compact but we need a minivan in oct and I dont want to spend a ton. Whats the cheapest u have seen minivans for a wk. We could alawsys just do me but i hate to do that while staying at kidani

I dont start looking until 2 weeks before we leave. Thats when rental company release the latest last minute rental rates.

I agree!!

I leave in 2 weeks for my April/May trip and I'm still working on getting a decent rental car deal. I've finally got something I can live with, but still hoping for something better with National. I have a trip in October and not ready to think about rental cars for that trip yet, nor airfare. I'll keep an eye out in case someone finds something good though for October.

we visit in September/October the week prior to & including Columbus Day weekend. Car rates tend to be pricer that other weeks that time frame along with airfare. I book them both as soon as vacation plans are finalized. The $111 I paid pp on SWA each way seems to be a bargin now:).

Booked these car res both mid-March - 8 days, after all taxes & fees

National: KLM code/$20 coupon = midsize $230

Alamo: iffy code that's no longer working/no coupon = midsize $189

Thanks keliblue!!!!! I just got a minivan for the week with a rate I can live with :banana: I cancelled my intermediate crossover at Alamo and went with Budget....this is why I started this thread and love the DIS :)

I hope this thread helps others too!

For 9 day (8 days + 3 hours) minivan rental with Budget starting 10/13 (BCD x474200 and MUWZ023) I am getting $415.69 minus whatever the coupon is for. Is it $25 off? (like $390?)

If I can figure how to shave 3 hours off my reservation (return early and/or pick up late) 8 day rental with above codes is $359.27 minus coupon (approx $335). $55 dollars for 3 hours!

I was not aware expedia.ca rates wee cancelable! I will keep checking. Anyone get a minivan ressie thru that site?

I was not aware expedia.ca rates wee cancelable! I will keep checking. Anyone get a minivan ressie thru that site?

I don't find the minivan rates are generally favourable through Expedia.ca. Mid-size SUV's often come up at a good price, though.

For example....we have a full size car for our dates for $142 including taxes, fees and unlimited mileage (Sunday to Sunday booking).

Today's price for a full-sized SUV for same pick up and drop off times: $216.99 (this is through Budget so you would get a free spousal driver as well)

For a minivan: $642.12 :scared1: (this one is through Dollar.....so no free spousal driver)

Anyone else notice that the vehicle rentals seem to following the same trend as airline tickets......up, up, up? :headache:

It is definitly the earlier the better for car rental companies. The price always increase espically when you pre pay. But if you are looking for some last minute deals you should check out sixt. They saved me a lot of money last year.

It is definitly the earlier the better for car rental companies. The price always increase espically when you pre pay. But if you are looking for some last minute deals you should check out sixt. They saved me a lot of money last year.

Gotta disagree with this.. We travel to WDW twice a year and Always get the cheapest rates 2 to 6 weeks before we leave.. I usually book at the 6 week mark and then keep rebooking everytime the price goes down. Currently a Standard for my dates is over $400 (sept 7-15) I will most likely pay around $100 before we leave. Check out the current May, June car rentals on the transportation boards.. that will give you an idea of when the prices start to drop..:hippie:

I booked our car with National a few weeks ago for October. Total including all fees is $237 for an intermediate on the Emerald Aisle for 8 days. I used the KLM code along with a coupon from the Entertainment book ($20 off.) My strategy is always to book early and then keep checking for better deals.

Exactly what we did this week, we have the same deal for Thanksgiving week and our 8 day trip. I will watch it throughout the next few months for a better deal but I am comfortable at the current rate either way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter