Anyone spending New Years Eve @ City Walk this year?

AlexandNessa

<font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=green
Barring the end of the world on Friday, of course....

Just curious that it's never a hot topic on the boards. This will be our third annual trip. And we're pretty excited that we actually know like 12 REO Speedwagon songs. It's always a pretty well attended venue, and we always have fun (especially now that we have our game plan down,) but there is hardly any chatter here about it. Do most DISers not attend?

there is not enough money in the world to pay me to be at CW or any parks on NYE........:rolleyes1

I think it'd be interesting to check out one year when I'm older (I'm not quite at the age yet) and if it's a band I'm interested in. It's always fun to walk through Citywalk at midnight with all the confetti and what-not though.

I'll probably spend my NYE this year at Universal or SeaWorld, or maybe even both for parts of the day. :)

I really wanted to go last year to see Smash Mouth, but couldn't find anyone willing to pay for a ticket. I'm on a budget this year, so (if I'm not working, fingers crossed) most likely I'll be watching the fireworks at the Grand Floridian again this year :).

Do you need the ticket to get into CityWalk at all? Or is it just for the concert/food?

there is not enough money in the world to pay me to be at CW or any parks on NYE........:rolleyes1

Wimp....

Do you need the ticket to get into CityWalk at all? Or is it just for the concert/food?

Yes, you pay the $100-something cover (we use our APs for a discount). They rope off City Walk, and you show your ticket and ID to enter City Walk. That includes the concert, buffet style food throughout City Walk (e.g., Margaritaville usually does a Cheeseburger in Paradise buffet, but there are also carving stations with prime rib and potatoes, etc, salads, appetizers ... each restaurant puts on its own buffet), a champange toast at midnight (cheap Asti stuff), and access to all clubs participating (Pat O'Brien's, Margaritaville, Rising Star, Bob Marley, etc., and you are free to come and go at each club as you please). Each club has entertainment scheduled. It does not include alcohol (except for your midnight toast); however, we noticed that alcohol prices at the club are no worse than normal.

You are given a wristband for the party. No one without a wristband is allowed into CW. The porch of Margaritaville is not included in the party, so you do not need a ticket to have dinner and hang out there. However, they block off the back bathrooms (the ones behind the volcano bar). Patrons on the Mville Porch won't have any close bathrooms to use; they are not allowed inside Mville without a wristband.

wimp here has a question, modie. ::yes::

gonna hang at nba city?

Of course! Always hang at NBA City! Love those kids and NBA City Happy Hour! Like to have a drink there first to wish the kids Happy New Year before we go off to the CW Party. :)

i'm guessing that modie is at the darkside now.
and hanging at NBA City.......

I would love to spend New Years at CW one time. It would be way better than some of the parks.

Do any of the restaurants have special menus? I need to read up on it.

There is an AP discount. We paid less. I'll have to look it up. Each participating club puts out its own buffet. REO Speedwagon: AWESOME this year!!! Great time. Totally glad we went!

P.S. What is it about Modie that screams I'm drunk, get me home? Folks, you need to be walking at midnight. Not having someone helping you off the floor at 11pm. Just saying....

modie, did jike have to take you back to the hotel before midnight??

remember, you are not a pumpkin........

yes there is a discount for ap holders for the nye event but i still thought it had to be purchased by 12/15 for the one discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter