Anyone recently stay at Orbit One Vacation Villas?

bar423

Earning My Ears
I searched but only found a post from 2011. If anyone stayed there recently I would love to hear about your experience.

We stayed there in October, and have a reservation to go back in May. We book through the Armed Forces Vacation Club, so we get a great deal, and we enjoyed our stay there.

I believe all the units are 2 bedroom, the master has a King and the other has 2 twins, plus a pull out couch. Two full baths. Nice size open living room, dining room, and kitchen. There is a small screened in porch with just a little table and two chairs. The unit was clean, and had everything we could need. The furniture in the living room was uncomfortable, but that was our only complaint about the furniture - and we shouldn't have been spending too much time in front of the tv anyway! There is one weird thing - the master bedroom has a huge window that is almost like a sunroom, and they have a curtain for it, but that room was always 10 degrees hotter than the rest of the unit. Strange, I don't know why it was designed like that or if they could insulate it better, but we adapted fine.

The resort is small, so not a lot to do there other than the pool, but that was fine with us. The pool was nice, not crowded, and the patio furniture was comfortable. Apparently the offer a continental breakfast in the morning, we didn't find out until we were leaving so we never tried it. The gate has a code on it, so easy to get in and out. The room and the resort were quiet, we didn't have any noise disturbing us at any point.

It's very close to Disney via Sherberth Road, which we liked. Lots of restaurants to choose from nearby, and we grocery shopped at Super Target (there is a Super Walmart too, but it's further).

If you have any other questions, fire away!

Thanks for the reply...it's $66 a night! So I wanted to make sure it's clean. There isn't maid service but do you have to clean before you leave? Take out trash etc

We did clean up a bit, but there weren't any rules that we needed to do so. We certainly didn't get all the trash out, or wash linens! Just cleaned out the fridge, and left used towels by the washer. There are big trash barrels under all the stairs, so it's very easy to take trash out if it becomes overwhelming.

It's a great deal, I hope you like it! We were happier than we expected to be - its not luxurious, but clean, spacious and comfortable, which is all we need for downtime from the parks!

Any advice on a specific building to request at check in if available? Newer beds in any buildings? Lol

Any advice on a specific building to request at check in if available? Newer beds in any buildings? Lol

Sorry, just saw this! We have stayed in two, Mercury and Neptune (currently there). Mercury had newer mattresses and furniture - I believe Neptune is the last building filled when they are at capacity, when we stayed last time, Neptune was empty. This one is fine, but it took the fridge a full day to get all the way cold, it's noisy from the traffic on the main road, and the king mattress is awful. They did come right out and fix one of the twins and exchange the mattress and box spring when we reported the bed was broken. They may have swapped the king mattress too if we had asked, but we are making due! Apollo and Gemini are around the pool with the slides, Venus and Saturn around the smaller pool. ( looking at the resort map!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter