Anyone on Instagram?

Is Instagram only for photos taken with an iPhone or smartphone or can up upload pictures taken with "regular" cameras?

To my knowledge you can only upload them through a smartphone. My phone syncs with my computer photos so I do have access to my Canon 7D shots from my phone.

Is Instagram only for photos taken with an iPhone or smartphone or can up upload pictures taken with "regular" cameras?

To my knowledge you can only upload them through a smartphone. My phone syncs with my computer photos so I do have access to my Canon 7D shots from my phone.

Also if you upload your pictures to tumblr or something, and you can get to that website with your phone, you can always download the picture to your phone and upload it to instagram. Though just typing it out, it seems fairly redundant lol.

I look at instagram as twitter for pictures. Like twitter is used for shooting off quick pieces of information, instagram (to me) is like quick snapshots in my usually uneventful life (fun!). That being said, I peronally don't like using instagram filters (anymore) because my life isn't lived in sepia :p

Dropbox is another easy way to get non-mobile photos to your phone.

Be cautioned, though, that large segments of the Instagram "community" strongly dislike the posting of DSLR photos on Instagram. (Which makes sense; there's a reason it's only a mobile app and not a stand-alone image sharing website.)

I am all for self-promotion and Instagram would be a great way to share photos with a large audience, but I respect its mobile phone intent. I suspect sooner or later Facebook will expand its website further in an attempt to kill Flickr...at which time I'll upload regular photos.

WDWFigment said:
Dropbox is another easy way to get non-mobile photos to your phone.

Be cautioned, though, that large segments of the Instagram "community" strongly dislike the posting of DSLR photos on Instagram. (Which makes sense; there's a reason it's only a mobile app and not a stand-alone image sharing website.)

I am all for self-promotion and Instagram would be a great way to share photos with a large audience, but I respect its mobile phone intent. I suspect sooner or later Facebook will expand its website further in an attempt to kill Flickr...at which time I'll upload regular photos.

That makes a lot of sense.

I just started using Instagram (instagram.com/mjm1226/) so I only have 2 pictures on there. I plan of taking a day or two trip to Disney by the end of this week so I will defiantly be adding to my collection.

We're on Instagram @CanaDisney_Blog. We mostly share "remixed" DSLR photos rather than mobile photos as our iPhone 3Gs' camera doesn't do a very good job!

Just got back from a quick 2 days stay and used my Samsung Galaxy 3 and Instagram to take all of my pictures, added about 15 pictures. I have to say I'm not sure I like using the camera feature on Instagram. You can't seem to zoom with it.

Hi! I'm actually leaving for Florida this Friday so you're all more than welcome to check out my instagram feed if you need your Disney fix.

My username is SaolSona and although my photos are private it's more of a formality so I can check out who wants to see my photos!

I can't wait to find find some people on instagram who love Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter