Anyone not done Half Board?

mmm...

Still unsure about this HB voucher business - we usually do a mix of CS and TS meals - plus we have the added problem of DD (for whom we pay adult price) is a veggie and sometimes on a buffet, there are very few things she will/can eat - at Inventions last time she ate absolutely nothing.

I like a few CS restaurants - Hakuna Matata (sp?) and Toad Hall stand out for us but there are still one or two we haven't tried. I suppose we still have time to get the half board vouchers but you really recommend to a fussy veggie?

Mind you, we said we were going to do all CS at WDW this May and ended up booking the Dining Plan - which worked just fine (with a lot of planning around restaurant choices)

I didn't have them but wouldn't go back without them. Anything to save a bit from the very high prices! We used all our spending money on food and wouldn't buy anything else as it was sooooooooo overpriced.

When my Dad was working on the Park in 1992 (pre-opening obviously) they used to have "Worker Sales" at the various CS resturants in the Disneyland Park whereby you could buy a Menu Mickey for at 75% off for one hour over lunchtime so that they could practice serving lots of people at the same time. They gave up after two months of trialing :rotfl:
:lmao: :lmao:

When my Dad was working on the Park in 1992 (pre-opening obviously) they used to have "Worker Sales" at the various CS resturants in the Disneyland Park whereby you could buy a Menu Mickey for at 75% off for one hour over lunchtime so that they could practice serving lots of people at the same time. They gave up after two months of trialing :rotfl:

Reminds me of the time I worked in a chocolate packing factory - we were told we could eat whatever we liked - I was sick of the stuff after two weeks :sick:

Everytime i have been with family or friends, ive never been HB. i never knew much about it since this year, i have booked it this time round when we go in dec.

Has everyone knows food is expensive there, i did find when i went with friends i had to always check my money that i would have enough, i always kept it seperate so i didnt dig in to food money:)
My friend liked to drink coffee quite a bit at the stands around the park and a muffin. i found that diggin into my money to.
We always had counter service food as well, and used Mac donalds alot aswell, but now im older and have my own family i dont really want to use mac donalds etc, if im on holiday i want to dine somewhere which is different to home.....where as usually you can walk around a corner in UK and always run into a mac donalds:lmao:
Even though i enjoyed the counter food (sandwich bar in village) i got a bit bored of it. so aprt from breakfast in Hotel we had a counter sevice lunch and dinner. that twice aday for 4 days was quite a bit of money. :eek:

this time round i will be taking snacks for during the day.we have halfboard plus for dec, so this time round i will have much more of a varity! buffets:yay:;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!